Letting Slip

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfkforever

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
No its not a new diaper.

Not to go into too much detail nor am I fishing for sympathy but I'll be undergoing a very minor procedure soon and what I'm most concerned about it is being under general anaesthetic. Now I'm sure all of us have seen the videos of folk coming round and talking utter nonsense etc and I'm concerned that I blurt out all about nappies and the like.

Anyone had any experiences with this or am I just being pedantic?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

While I've never had any surgeries, I have had two colonoscopies and an endoscopy. Oh, the joys of getting older. I've worried in every single case what I might say while in that "twilight" state, but I've never gotten any indication from nurses, doctors, staff, or my wife that I've ever said anything about that most taboo of topics. I don't think it's like getting drunk, where your inhibitions are down. You're going to be groggy but, in my experience, no more likely to spill any secrets.

-RMS

Make stuff up to say that would be totally off the wall, and start spouting it as soon as your brain is awake enough to say it. Stuff Like that you're having an affair with a snail girl who lives on a boat in Peru. Or that you think the Nurse used a shrink ray on your pinky fingers because the light sockets are all orange and only speak Russian. That way, if you say you wear a diaper, it's just going to be mixed into the general nonsense.

I think talking about diapers would be a very rare occurrence even for us. In the last several years I've been under twice for teeth extractions and once for back surgery and I don't think I was talking about anything. I also had a colonoscopy and I didn't get any strange reactions. They told me I wouldn't remember what they told me when I came out and they were right about that, but I think you will be very safe in guarding your secret.

It's General Anesthesia, not MK-Ultra. . You'll be just fine. :lol:

Most people say such weird shit that its hard not to laugh like there is something wrong with you, but generally anything you would not say in the course of life(your most private thoughts) remain unsaid even after anesthesia, you will say of the wall stuff but nothing having to do with your deepest secrets, it has been proven many times,so you can feel safe.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Foxroxsox said:
Make stuff up to say that would be totally off the wall, and start spouting it as soon as your brain is awake enough to say it. Stuff Like that you're having an affair with a snail girl who lives on a boat in Peru. Or that you think the Nurse used a shrink ray on your pinky fingers because the light sockets are all orange and only speak Russian. That way, if you say you wear a diaper, it's just going to be mixed into the general nonsense.

I feel like this isn't going to work, because the same centres that have you saying silly stuff in the first place, the ones that are impaired by the anaesthetic, are also the ones that would deal with complex plans like that one.

I've never had anesthesia but I have also been worried about what I would do if I ever did receive it. Foxroxsox has a good point. Maybe you won't remember a complex plan where you say crazy stuff after coming to, but that shouldn't be entirely necessary. Odds are if you said anything crazy and if anything was diaper related, no one is going to give it a second thought because anesthesia makes you say silly things. And if they bring it up then you can just blame it on the anesthesia.

Also i dont think diapers will really be on your mind, although thr Foley cath they inserted will be especially if the dont take it out before you wake up in recovery( if you are to stay inpatient and thry need Input and output info). You will also probably have a scratchy throat from the intubation to control your airway .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back