Diapers and Jewish law

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrumJewDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if there is anyone here who is Orthodox Jewish and consulted a Rabbi whether it is permissible to do prayers with a wet diaper on.

I wouldnt dare consult my Rabbi because I dont want to expose myself but has anyone here had the guts to do so?

FrumJewDL said:
Hi everyone.

I was wondering if there is anyone here who is Orthodox Jewish and consulted a Rabbi whether it is permissible to do prayers with a wet diaper on.

I wouldnt dare consult my Rabbi because I dont want to expose myself but has anyone here had the guts to do so?

Well, I'm not Jewish, nor am I religious, but let me take a crack at this and you can decide whether my opinion is worth anything.

I think the real question here is probably more like, "Should I lie to my rabbi?" :) I say that because I suspect a rabbi would be sympathetic to a medical condition like urinary incontinence, especially if the use of diapers frees you to focus on the prayer as opposed to being distracted by concerns of wetting yourself. Of course, spinning it as an incontinence thing means that your rabbi's feelings on the matter are valid only if you're wearing for need. If you're wearing because you like diapers, and especially if that need is sexual or otherwise fetishy, and if your Rabbi were to know this, then I suspect the answer would be "absolutely not." Because, in the end, your rabbi is probably most interested in knowing that your mind is fully involved in thoughts of prayer, not in thoughts of diapers or being a baby.

IMO.

I'll add that I happen to know an Orthodox rabbi, and he's one of the most down-to-Earth, practical-seeming, and personable people I've ever met. But no, I won't be asking him about diapers.

If you don't wanna tell your Rabbi. I'd just clean up before I prayed. Not Jewish, but I do study Tanakh. I'm still a newbie though. From what I've read. Stay away from other people's saddles when they have diarrhea. Given that, I'd just be careful with poop and pee. I can't find anything against a clean one though.

Hi FrumJewDL,
Nice to meet you!
I am also frum and from Israel, and I have met several other orthodox Jewish DLs.
it goes without saying that it is best to be in a clean and dry diaper during any prayer or blessing.
I never consulted a rabbi about these issues, this is what I have researched:
1. With a Poopy diaper you cannot say G-D's name. same for a diaper with semen.
2. You cannot pray or bless in a wet diaper that smells.
3. A wet diaper that is not leaking is considered "covered" and one can pray with it.
4. If you have an accident during prayer, you should stop and wait for the accident to end before continuing your prayer.

I will be glad to discuss things further in private messages...:)
All the best
Israeli

I know all about it

- - - Updated - - -

You want to pray in public? Im from ny

Medical conditions has nothing to do with Faith/Religion. This answer from a Atheist If anything it could make a not so great relationship with a Rabbi, priest or holy person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back