Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper dreams when not wearing

Default Diaper dreams when not wearing

So i've been wearing diapers at night for many months now and I rarely have dreams that involve diapers, however, for the past few days I've been staying at with family and haven't been able to wear. I've noticed that every night that I haven't worn to bed I have had a bunch of diaper related dreams. I've found this to be interesting and kind of the opposite of what I would have expected.

Has anyone else noticed a similar trend? I'm curious as to what the psychology behind this is.

Be careful! If I have a dream about diapers or peeing and I actually pee in my dream I end up with a wet bed or diaper for real. But that's just me everybody is different. If you are worried about wetting the bed in your sleep that may be why you are dreaming about diapers.

When I quit smoking (let's just call it) basil, due to many reasons (personal, and work-related), I had a span of almost 3 weeks where my dreams were haunted of relapsing and smoking again. Knowing that this would render me fired from my job, and hated by my girlfriend, it was basically a consistent nightmare. Anyways, before I quit, basil was practically my life for 2 straight years. I rarely had a day that I didn't smoke.

So I think it may be linked to the habit, but an obvious loss or discontinuation of that habit brings it out in your dreams, maybe to make up for not partaking in the habit during your time awake. It could be other things, but I believe your mind is trying to make up for not going along with what's normal for it. Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by OhHeyThere View Post
    When I quit smoking (let's just call it) basil, due to many reasons (personal, and work-related), I had a span of almost 3 weeks where my dreams were haunted of relapsing and smoking again. Knowing that this would render me fired from my job, and hated by my girlfriend, it was basically a consistent nightmare. Anyways, before I quit, basil was practically my life for 2 straight years. I rarely had a day that I didn't smoke.

So I think it may be linked to the habit, but an obvious loss or discontinuation of that habit brings it out in your dreams, maybe to make up for not partaking in the habit during your time awake. It could be other things, but I believe your mind is trying to make up for not going along with what's normal for it. Just my opinion.
    Good point! I'm glad your dreams only lasted 3 weeks. I've been sober for 7.5 years and still have "drunk dreams". Congrats! I know how hard it is to break an addiction!

It took me years to quit smoking, and even years later, I had a dream where I was socializing at a party and had a cigarette in my head. Suddenly I panicked as I thought, oh no, I'm smoking again!

I think we might be more likely to have dreams about diapers when we haven't worn awhile because the mind wants diapers and so we dream about them out of the frustration of not wearing. I've had those dreams when I've had company living at the house and had to stop for awhile.

I've also had diaper dreams while I was sleeping in a wet diaper. I think I felt the wetness even while sleeping and so that got translated into a dream.

MarchinBunny

Yes, if I am not wearing diapers I will sometimes have dreams about them which often ends in a wet bed.

I too have diaper dreams If I don't wear as often, most involve looking for a toilet to pee in, or trying to find a diaper to pee in, and sometimes I wake up almost peeing the bed lol.

There have been times where this has happened to me, and it's mostly in the most embarrassing of circumstances. I remember one where I wasn't wearing a nappy and I was put into one by my family because they questioned why I wasn't wearing one and that I couldn't go outside until I had a nappy on me.
    I'm thankful that, so far, no nappy dreams I've had recently have involved me using it because, as people have said, it often results in a wet bed.

I've had some diaper dreams when not diapered. They actually are wetting dreams too, and I'll wake up not knowing if I'm wet or dry. So far though, all of that has been in my head and I've never actually wet the bed from peeing in a dream. *Knocks on Wood*

I never used to, but a few weeks ago I had a string of them. Mostly the dreams seem to revolve around me doing something stupid and almost getting caught.