Ever have a parent who was encouraging or tolerant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gcanyon

Est. Contributor
Reactions to abdl behavior run the gamut. Reasons for the behavior often is related to lowering anxiety. In light of this have you ever had a parent react to the news in a understanding manner?

Yes, I told my mom about 5 months ago and she's been incredibly tolerant and supportive there was a time where i had run out of diapers and had no money and I was incredibly stressed out and she went out to Walgreens and just bought me a pack of diapers. c:

My parents don't know about my diapers but they do know about me having pacifiers and sucking my thumb. My mom never really minded too much and even bought me my first pack of pacifiers when I was 16; my dad didn't particularly like it when I told him but very rarely brings it up. If I'm sucking my thumb around him he might say something like ''If you're tired why don't you go to bed?'' but it's been quite a while since he has.

I am on the DL side, not AB, but I know my parents would have flipped out if they would have found out that I liked diapers. They are both pastors so I know I would have been in the middle of a lot of prayer circles so God could heal me,and my mind and rid me of the demon that has obviously possessed me. I am Christian and do believe in miraculous healings, but I can't imagine my diapers being classified as sickness or that satan, or God for that matter, would care if I used them or not.

I'm telling my mom about my abdl side tomorrow. One thing that is really making me hopeful is that she said last weekend and I quote "As long as you stay a good boy, and stay away from drugs and alcohol, I don't care what you do."

bluejewel said:
Yes, I told my mom about 5 months ago and she's been incredibly tolerant and supportive there was a time where i had run out of diapers and had no money and I was incredibly stressed out and she went out to Walgreens and just bought me a pack of diapers. c:

That is simply awesome! That's how a supportive parent should be.

silentdreamer1996 said:
I'm telling my mom about my abdl side tomorrow. One thing that is really making me hopeful is that she said last weekend and I quote "As long as you stay a good boy, and stay away from drugs and alcohol, I don't care what you do."

I wish you all the best, and I hope it goes well for you!

im padded 24/7 and still get hell from parents about it, why dont you use caths there cheaper ughh

My dad has threatened to kick me out of the house he's that intolerant of anything babyish

I was threatened and kicked out of the house by multiple family members. That was a long time ago though.

Strawberry said:
im padded 24/7 and still get hell from parents about it, why dont you use caths there cheaper ughh

parents of IC children that give their kids grief over it need to get some sense slapped into them :cursing: :wallbash:

Strawberry said:

If I was put in that situation I'd tell em to try both themselves and tell me which one is the more comfortable experience.

Im stuck in their house, on disability, with fixed income that isnt near enough to cover every thing. So i cant complain to much

If my parents knew, they certainly didn't encourage it. On the other hand, I've lately decided that they probably did know, and hence that they were at least tolerant to a degree. And that's just a matter of statistics, really: My parents kept all of my sister's and my cloth diapers after we'd potty-trained, and I was sneaking these into my bedroom almost nonstop from age six until I left for college. And in my teens, I frequently had bags of Pampers and other disposable baby diapers hidden in my room as well. Several times, the scent of Pampers was quite noticeable, and these were some of the times I worried most about being caught. As I consider all of this, it's almost impossible for me to believe that my parents, who were frequently in and out of my bedroom, sometimes cleaning it, etc.--didn't stumble upon my diaper stash. They probably did so multiple times, perhaps holding onto a steadily dwindling hope that it was a phase, and that I didn't have some kind of fetish. But they never said anything.

And, generally speaking, my parents were pretty hands-off. I've mentioned it before, but my sister and I were given quite a bit of freedom. Unless we were doing something physically dangerous or something that threatened our grades in school--my parents were both teachers, so school was a big deal in our house!--we were allowed to sort things out for ourselves. That's not to say they weren't extremely involved in every aspect of our growing up. They just weren't hovering.

No one in my family knows about me being an ABDL. Though my family is very tolerant about various different things. Privacy is strongly respected in my household, which allows me to do stuff that could get other ABDLs caught. If I were to get caught now, I imagine it'd pretty much be treated as a "Don't Ask Don't Tell" kind of thing, and is something they'd probably just pretend doesn't exist. Now if my extended family somehow found out, then all hell would break loose.

My parents are now accepting. They used to think it would lead to Pedophilia, but after years of it being a difficult issue got a sexologist to set them straight.

My advice for someone who is going to come out to immediate family: be ready to disprove the pedophilia fear with research and evidence.
This is a good site for that:
http://understanding.infantilism.org/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back