Disposing of diapers when living at home with parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nam Repaid said:
Do not use groceries store or Walmart type bags! Most store plastic bags have cuts in the bottom designed to help a trapped baby escape suffocation and are not air tight meaning smells will quickly escape.

This is interesting. I use Acme grocery bags, Lowe's, Target, Walgreens and Walmart plastic bags and I have never seen bags with cuts in the bag. There have been some holes but those were created by heavy or odd shaped items in the bag. By the way, I live in SE Pennsylvania.

LittleICme said:
For holy sakes.... if you mother/wife/gf finds wet pull-ups under the bed and not probably disposed of in a trash can she will likely go ballistic.
If you like to wear, just dispose of one or two in the trash like any normal human being with any other bathroom trasH.
luckily my mum and dad aren't the snooping type, and haven't been since I was like twelve or thirteen. I think as I've got older and more mature they respect my privacy a lot more. As long as a keep my bedroom tidy and wel kept, and as long as I sort out my stuff on a regular basis they won't come into my room and start sifting through my stuff.

I stuff wet diapers into 1gal ziploc bags for odor control. It only gives me 3 days or so though. The garbage bag needs to go out twice a week or it starts getting ripe. But then again this is with a (usually very) wet overnight diaper every day plus another less used daytime dipaer half of the time. So I probably dispose of 10 wet diapers a week I suppose.

Go to the box store and grab a big box of their store-brand galon ziplocs, they're like $5 for 80. The "freezer" ones are thicker and have a double zipper but I haven't found them to work any better than the less espensive regular storage ones. I use the traditional squeeze and slide type, not the ones with the red pulls.

- - - Updated - - -

Llayden said:
If you can smell a slight odor, someone else can definitely smell it. I suggest getting on with a disposal method of some sort soon.

Agreed! Your nose quickly gets accustomed to odors and anyone else will notice it a lot more than you do. (my room must just REEK of talc... I wouldn't know)

How about weight? Anyone who disposes of used diapers beneath household trash worry the additional weight will raise suspicion?

WBxx said:
How about weight? Anyone who disposes of used diapers beneath household trash worry the additional weight will raise suspicion?

I've had my neighbor ask me what's so heavy in my trash when she decided to wheel out my can for me one evening. "Over a dozen wet diapers" was on my mind but not on my lips.

I haven't done a diaper "run" in two weeks, my coworker quit and I got stuck with her hours. Today is my first day off, so the only adulting I have to do is a bit of laundry. I slept like 12 hours and wanted to go out in my yard and play with my dog but it's raining. Anyway, my bathroom stinks pretty bad and in my bedroom there are even a couple soaked diapers just plopped on my floor. Having independence and not answering to anyone is truly a beautiful thing as an Abdl. Ive had to hide from my family and it's quite stressful, get a job and work hard at it, once you experience true freedom you'll never wanna go back.

WBxx said:

The thought's crossed my mind before. But I'm never throwing away more than say, one premium tape-on and a couple pull-ups at one time, so I don't think the extra weight is too noticeable in your average bag of trash.

Even though my parents know about my IC issues (I'm never telling them about my DL side, I'll end up getting an Exorcism :laugh: ) and buy diapers for me, I don't like the idea of my family knowing what I've used and when, so I tend to take the rubbish out to the bin whenever possible, put the diaper in first, and the rubbish bag on top, then close the lid. It just seems creepy having my family knowing when I'm putting my diaper in the bin.
Take my advice though, don't just leave your diapers hanging around in a bag, it may contain the smell, but think of the germs! *Shivers* Bacteriological warfare is never the answer. :D
As for the issue of weight, the only person who's likely to move the bin other than me is the bin man, when they come to collect. And since they only come once a fortnight, everyone's bin is stuffed to-the-max and heavy... They're probably just glad that the bins all have wheels.

Last edited:
Hi guys, just thought I'd let you know I plan on disposing of them this coming Wednesday due to the fact that I will have several hours to myself and it is rubbishy night. Thanks for the advice.

WBxx said:

:sweatdrop:

My first week with premium diapers give me a heavy surprise on Tuesday morning when I went to take out the trash. 1 very wet teddy bambino everyday plus a couple of GoodNites made for a 50 pound bag. I wish I could have seen the garbage guys face when he went to pick it up to throw it into the truck XD

I now do 3-4 a week, but wear /almost/ everyday, still it gets heavy, but not 50 pounds heavy. ( /almost/ = I wear a diaper on for 1-2 days without using it until the 2nd day, gotta preserve what I have since I'm out of money for fun things. I take one day to air out as well.)

used diapers do get heavy, just over 2 Pounds per diaper fortunately we live in an apartment building with a garbage chute. my diaper garbage bag never has a problem getting to the bottom of the chute :)

I have a Sangenic Easiseal bin, and keep it in my cupboard behind my hanging clothes. It works really well and contains the smell forever. When it's full I just put the dirty diapers into a black bin bag, along with any other rubbish that's in my room and take it out to the bin.

It also can be convenient to know elderly disabled in your area there trash cans are fair game, i know this because there is someone in the 'hood who uses my garbage can for there diapers sometimes, i wish i could catch them and invite them in for a drink and let them know they can be less sneaky about it as i dont care if they add to my can, and let them know if they ever need help just knock , there is nothing worse than being limited to friggin depends because of access so i will help them out with access and a safe haven if they need it. Enjoy your diaper time just dont get sent to the penalty box because of odor! Parents tend to have long memorys.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I just take a plastic bag and put all my wet diapers for the week in there. I hide the bag somewhere where they will never find it. At the end of the week when they're not looking, I put the diaper bag in an already full garbage bag and put it at the bottom of the bin. Your situation may be different, but if you have a hiding space and a time where your parents aren't looking, then just do what I do.

How long have you been hiding them under your bed. If you have gone hiding it there for a long time, chances are that they won't be found, so there's no need to worry.

What I do is that I wait until my parents go grocery shopping on Saturday and when they leave I put my diapers in a bag and I throw them away in the trashcan outside and it works like a charm every time.

My disposal of used diapers is to go take a quarter-half full trash bag an take it to your room on your way to through out the trash bag and put your used diapers in the bag and kinda of mix them around with the trash so they won't show up at the top then proceed to take out the trash! :) I am currently living with my grandmother who is very Snoopy an I do this all the time with no questions asked thankfully :)

I'm lucky as I get up before any one else in the week days for work and on my route to work there's a few laybys with wheelie bin litter bins so easy to chuck full bag in to it , other wise if it's rubbish bin Monday (every 2 weeks ) I hide them in there as I put the bin out any way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back