Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Looking for a R4DS...

  1. #1

    Default Looking for a R4DS...

    Meh never mind... I forgot I asked this before. :P

  2. #2
    Secret

    Default

    Its so worth it man! Get it.

  3. #3

    Default

    Here are some people giving advice on where to buy one. Gamekool seems to be the favored option. I got mine from a friend when I bought his DS, and have never regretted it. I've currently got it loaded with a pack of all games that got more than 8/10 on IGN and some awesome homebrew.

    Even if it's just to run homebrew, it's worth every penny. Pocket Physics and NitroTracker can keep me entertained close to forever.

  4. #4

    Default

    I get mine from realhotstuff.com. I have ordered 5 from there so far

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by timmydiaperloverboy View Post
    What?
    It's a flash card that you can put a micro SD memory card into so you can play homebrew stuff on your Nintendo DS. It's also been known to be used to pirate Nintendo DS games. However I doubt the creators designed it for that purpose.


    It's fairly easy to use though.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    It's a flash card that you can put a micro SD memory card into so you can play homebrew stuff on your Nintendo DS. It's also been known to be used to pirate Nintendo DS games. However I doubt the creators designed it for that purpose.


    It's fairly easy to use though.
    To be completely honest, I think is was made primarily with the intent to allow for pirating copyrighted NDS games. I don't think there's really that much money in homebrew. It would just be a very bad idea for the manufacturer to admit that. Last I heard, Nintendo were trying to shut them down anyway.

    Oh, and I too find it easy to use. I'd go as far as saying very easy. You basically just drag-and-drop the software onto the micro DS and it works right away (with a few exceptions).

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by PadDaBrat View Post
    To be completely honest, I think is was made primarily with the intent to allow for pirating copyrighted NDS games. I don't think there's really that much money in homebrew. It would just be a very bad idea for the manufacturer to admit that. Last I heard, Nintendo were trying to shut them down anyway.

    Oh, and I too find it easy to use. I'd go as far as saying very easy. You basically just drag-and-drop the software onto the micro DS and it works right away (with a few exceptions).
    There's no way Nintendo can shut these down, it's legally not just not possible. Also they aren't illegal anywhere yet I heard. But i am willing to bet the prime reason for these are to help pirate NDS games. Of course there's some problems with doing that.

    1.Your making steal games for the DS really easy.
    2. That then drives down sales.
    3. companys produce less and less games for the DS due to decrease in sales.
    4. nintendo stops making nintendo DS units since no one is buying games for it anymore and few companies will make games for it.

    This whole thing is why I still buy stuff I like to avoid a situation like this. I hope all video game pirates do the same, but I know some of them don't. We might not have to worry about a company like Sqaure Enix going down but a company like the one that made Indigo Prophecy and Hard Rain (coming to PS3) is rather small. Plus they don't have a bit fanbase yet, though they do have a small devoted one.

  9. #9

    Default

    Well I ordered the R4DS with a 2 gig MicroSD card from gamekool. It cost 24.80 and that includes the shipping. Hopefully it works.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Wzrd View Post
    I get mine from realhotstuff.com. I have ordered 5 from there so far
    Yep I bought two this way. r4 is the greatest thing that I've done for my little pink DS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.