Puppyluvs
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• S
    Would be a lot cheaper, I'd say.

Might see you there then. :)
    Thanks, though chances are I'd be flying down. Should be others going past your way though I'd imagine :)
    S
    I have to admit, I feel the same way about that. Being a Furry is one thing, but the possibility of being caught out as a baby fur is another.

Well if you do decide and can afford to go, give me a heads up beforehand and I'll help out with some of the fuel costs between here and Wellington. The way my car is acting at the moment, I may need it :wallbash:.
    No prob.

If it's anything like previous furconz, then everyone is sleeping in shared cabins. It's just that a few babyfurs are planning on sharing together.

Me, I probably wouldn't... I'm not keen on everyone knowing that's what I'm into :3
    S
    A babyfur cabin you say? Hmm, that could work for long travelers and to help bring down the finances a bit if everyone pitched in. You are more in tune with the community than I am thus far, so let me know the outcome. :)

Lol, I could just chuck on a tail and some ears, but I have never really been one for half-assing it ;). See what happens. :)

Cool, I'll get the word out then and see if anyone is up for the job; I have a fair idea of what I want. Thing is, I would like to try and keep it local to avoid all those nasty costs.

And you keep giving me good advice, Puppuluvs, and I will have to keep asking you questions. ^_^
    Thanks, I've added you on there.

Not sure if I'll be at the furcon yet. Depends on if I can get the time off work, and how my finances are going. Would be nice to go if I can make it. I know a bunch of other babyfurs who're keen on going, and there was even talk of a babyfur cabin.

Sounds like a plan re fursuit, though there's nothing wrong with turing up in tale and ears if you don't want to go the whole hog straight away ;)

I'm not sure if any of the people I know are currently making fursuits commercially. They were, but I'm not sure about these days. I'd suggest you join the NZ Furs email list (details on furry.org.nz), and send out an email enquiring who's making fursuits these days if you're interested. Or just check out various fursuit makers on Furaffinity till you find one you like.
    S
    Lol, you and me both. All the artistic talent runs on the other side of my family. I know it's something I could construct myself as I am good with my hands - but only if I had comprehensive instructions to do so.

Hmm, what I might have to do is just hold off until after the con. Being my fist time actually being in the community it will give me a chance to get some ideas and the general feel of it all.

Was just thinking. You reckon your friends who made their own fur suit would be up for a job?

And are you coming to Fur Con? Or is it a bit to far?

Oh, I also added you as a friend on Babyfur.me ^_^
    S
    Haha, cool, thanks for all the info, Puppyluvs.

About the next convention: The next Fur con will be held on the "6th - 9th February, 2014, Wellington (Thursday till Sunday, Waitangi Day weekend) - and the full event will cost NZ $99.00.

This is good for me - because it will only be about 80Km away from where I live. And it will be my first one, so that's kinda cool. ^_^

Got a few more questions:

Do you have a fur suit (or partial)?

And did you make it yourself?

Or did someone else make it for you?

I ask because I am putting some thought into getting one sorted myself. I have looked over some of the tutorials over at Fur Affinity for making a head as I assume that would be the hardest part, but the 'how to' guides are not descriptive enough for me.

I think I'll go with a "Red Fox" theme myself, fits me down to a tee lol.

Any advice will be appreciated. :)
    S
    Hey Puppyluvs. So, it turns out I may be a Furry. Have been taking an interest in the Furrydom for about 3 years now - but never considered by doing so that I might actually be one. And thinking back to my earlier years, it's not hard to see why that may be.

Is there anything you can tell me about the Furrydom in NZ? Conventions, tutorials etc. I have just signed up with "babyfur.me" so if you want, add me as a friend.
    Well that's the thing. I looked into this too when I noticed that spike. The people in my thread joked that it was an intern missing up at Google. But all things considered I am starting to wonder if it is a bad data point.

There was a woman that showed up on the Tira Banks show. But that was before October 2008, at least the video was so assumably so was the broadcasting.

As far as documentary I've been under the impression that Taboo was the first big one and it was 2011.

CSI's King Baby was in 2005.

As it stands I'm not sure what else to look at beyond those.
    (Continuing previous message, hit the character limit)

All things considered the October 2008 data point has been the most confusing element in all of this to me. I can't recall anything that happened back then that would have caused just such a huge spike.
    That's a fair point too. I know personally I'm preferring the lazier ABDL instead of AB/DL.

That's an interesting discovery that ABDL diaper has overtaken adult baby diaper. I guess that makes a little sense. ABDL has a broader audience I suppose and it represents a better search term for community finding than adult baby. But when tacked on to diaper....I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

It appears neither are near "adult diaper" in regards to traffic though, which isn't too surprising. But speaking of "adult diaper" it also has the same spike in traffic in October 2008. I also noticed that adult baby had the same spike in October 2008. In fact it looks like it even outdoes adult diaper.
    Tossed in some of my previous terms:

Google Trends

You know if we read in between the lines a little bit I'm curious what this implies. The grand majority of public material out there focuses on "adult baby" and not this rising term "abdl." I wonder if we could extrapolate that people are researching adult baby and then researching further when they come across ABDL. Hopefully they're getting a more thorough understanding of ABDLism instead of just AB shock material (wishful thinking).
    (Sorry I never replied to this until now. I primarily browse the forums via the tapatalk app. I didn't get a notification saying I had a visitor message.)

I'm glad to see I'm not the only person that was interested in this. I was actually a little surprised that that thread fizzled as quickly as it did given what it represents to us.

You make a very fair point that I feel dumb for not having realized at the time. There's no reason to expect someone not "in" the community to realize it's AB*/*DL verses ABDL.
    K
    Thanks for showing me the site that makes custom pajamas. I'm wicked tempted to make a husky pajama!
    A
    yeah and then she just sends loads of cakes to my house lol like nearly every week we have something
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back