dogboy
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• I forgot to tell you but my group I made for you was removed by a mod few weeks ago. Did not matter anyway because I see that caramel in the twix :p
    I'm 5 more from TC so I think I am ok for another year, thankfully. I counted how many you needed and I started a group called "D.T.T.C" (Dogboy, the Top Contributor) Heh heh...
    Everyone has a mission. Dogboy needs 5 more to become our awesome TC again! May seem like it's not a big deal to you but for all of us, it does.
    Mhm ^^ I totally agree with what you say anyway! But that's how ADISC is set up I guess.
    Well, I guess for you, it was fun while it lasted. (Wanna give so many rep and give you 10+) ^^ Maybe you will get it back. I believe in you because you are still definitely a leader.
    How are you a DC?!?! With 279 Rep's!!!! I'm not used to you seeing green...more like yellow :D
    Hi Dogboy,

Good to see that you are still going strong posting on this site after all this time! How are you? :)
    Looks like your inbox is filled. Let me know when you've cleared it so we can continue our conversation.
    That's so awesome that you got a published poem! What topic was it on?

And I've never heard of Arthur Rimbaud, however I'm always open to read people's work. If you could recommend some of his best works (in your opinion) which ones would they be? If you want to make it more along the lines of which ones touched you the most, that's perfectly fine as well. No need to be academic about poetry, as was so greatly portrayed in the Dead Poets Society (one of my favorite movies =D).
    Maybe it speaks of my age/generation that I see it as baffling that someone would consider a gay lifestyle as being destructive to others. Or that even in college, they feel that people aren't adult enough to remove themselves from a destructive influence/behavior. Even if that is the case (which it certainly does feel like sometimes) it's their lives and choices. Sounds like the school board liked being parents of the college 'kids'. At least your poetry was there, as well as your music. Did you ever get encouragement to publish your poems or were you loathe to share them with people at the time?
    My poems definitely followed that trend. And isn't it interesting that something as seemingly simple as rhyming words could be used by people to express some of their strongest emotions as an outlet? Granted poetry is vastly more complex and artistic than merely rhyming words, but I think you catch my drift.
    Yeah no problem. Let me know if you do end up posting or publishing them. I really enjoy poetry and used to write a bit myself when I was a teen and desperately needed an emotional outlet. The funny thing is though, now when I read my old poems, I cringe a bit at the melancholy I experienced and that makes it difficult for me to start writing again since I'm much more at peace in life now. So it's a double edged sword. But I still enjoy other people's experiences felt through their poems.
    Thank you, I'll see you around. Well, as much as we actually see one another via forum.
    Yeah. Many of my issues lie in my shipping out to basic in two months. I'm both incredibly exited, and completely terrified. I'm also a bit worried about war starting with our Russki friends over the Ukraine debacle.
    I'm so happy to hear that you're doing well and that the same can be said for your literary endeavors. I'm more glad to hear that retirement isn't proving to be to much of a bore for you. As for my end, I've been reassessing the good and the bad that life seems to love to dish out. Recently I've hit a rather large amount of the bad, but I've been making the best of it and have gotten back into writing again.
    J
    Heya, cant Pm you since your box is filled. Just wanna say it's so nice talking wif you again, and if ya clear your message box lemme know!

I'd love to chat!
    Haha.....thanks. Apparently I'm a blabbermouth. I do enjoy this site, and it seems like there's always something in which to reply.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back