Diapered Toddler Princess
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
Hello Eveyone,
Does anyone still play Final Fantasy 14? Did anyone get Stormblood? I have still been playing FF14 for a wile now on the Excalibur server and was wondering in any other ABDLs play still. Let me know if there is a ABDL LS on Excalibur so I can join you all.

Your Friend,
Selphie Tilmitto

Heya I got Stormblood!

Also play on Excalibur but cant say theres a AB oriented LS on the server, dont think I ever heard one outside of maybe Balmung

Last edited:
Damn, I'm an avid player of XIV myself but I'm on Brynhildr :( if you ever make a character hit me up in game: Victor Crowley

I've heard good things about FFXIV, but I'm not an MMO guy. As people who've played it, would you recommend it?

I'm a big Final Fantasy fan but this seems to be beating out WoW now. I would recommend giving it a try.

Shadow456 said:
I've heard good things about FFXIV, but I'm not an MMO guy. As people who've played it, would you recommend it?

I would say yes and no depending on your taste in games.

You see compared to FFXIV 1.0 the reboot now known as FXIV: A Realm reborn is a streamlined game made to cater to the casual playerbase and be playable for console players. Now an FF MMO isn't actually that odd given the last MMO from SE (FFXI) was also available on PS2 and Xbox(Forget if it was the 360 or OG). So why am I bringing this up? I bring this up to let you know the game is very very much streamlined to hell and back which has helped its community grow and thrive since people don't need to throw their lives away to get to most of the end content.

1) Duty Finder: One of the streamlined things and I think a copy of a similar system from the current WoW is the Duty Finder which is the tool that lets you drop in/out of a duty/dungeon/trial/instance which is the majority of what you will be doing in the game meaning you will be standing in Hubs a lot or if you're productive you will take the time to use this system's queue to do other things like Quests, Gathering or Crafting. Depending on who you ask its a blessing or a curse, I personally find it to be fine since like I said you do get the options to do other things instead of waiting at the entrance to get in.

2) Classes/Jobs: Unlike Blizzard's counterpart where jobs are locked to race(and maybe gender?) in FFXIV you are allowed to be all and any class regardless of your starting race. Meaning you can be a Tall Bulky Healer or be a small Potato Tank and if you get tired of that job well guess what? You can train another job without making a new character, you are free to make multiple characters but the system itself is placed so you can make one into everything at the change of your weapon/tool.

3) The World: This is probably the one thing I have a problem with in this game. Like I said in Duty Finder you will be spending a lot of your time using the tool instead of entrances of dungeons or trials so you can be free to do other things but you will not use the world much unless you're gathering, doing Hunts which take time to spawn if not one of your marks or cause a quest told you to do so. The areas are split into zones meaning you will see loading screens from teleport or zone change and mostly see players in the Endgame hubs or residential areas. The world in of itself is pretty and nice to look at but could use a graphical overhaul.

4) How to play a Job: The way combat works isnt really that deep in this game, over time the game will teach you your main combo which can only be described as 1-2-3 seeing as most main combos only have 3 actions at best but thats not to say you wont be using other abilities alongside them. Endgame consists of what I would call playing a song on repeat meaning you would have something along the lines of; 1-A-2-B-C-3-D-1-E-2-A-3-B (Obviously this is not THE EXACT PATTERN but gives an idea) which youll generally learn how to do on repeat while dealing with mechanics. The jobs that I say dont really follow this are Healers and maybe Machinist. The Crafting System on the other hand is more about adapting to your current status on crafting so you wont generally be following a rotation unless youre highly overgeared and making an item way under your current level.

Take this how you maybe and maybe look up some of the boss fights, it is in the long run a Themepark FF MMO seeing as most of it is references of old games slammed in there such as this expansions new 24man raid known as "Return to Ivalice" (FFXII) or the High Endgame raid "Omega" which brings back other FF characters to fight such as ExDeath.

Last edited:
I don't play much anymore now that I have small children, but I play Aidrianna Ruglia on Balmung.

Ouch Noodle. You don't think much of the questing process do you?

The main storyline of this game easily rivals any storyline of any other MMO I've ever played. That includes Star Wars The Old Republic. So that is saying something. So skipping the main story in the game is a huge mistake. I haven't bought any of the expansions yet. I'm I have 80 hours of played and I have a dragoon to 46 and white mage to 36. I still have more than 40 quests to go out of the 184 quests of the main storyline for A Realm Reborn.

That doesn't include any of the quests in any of the other zones. Which there are TONS of quests that I've just ran by. Mostly because at the moment I don't need them. I'll need them when I'm leveling a Paladin or Bard back through again.

Noodle if all you're doing is Duty Finder then you're missing the game. Yeah you can gain some quick experience by running the daily roulette. The duty finder isn't meant to be the sole source of experience. There are

Fates,
Hunters log
Grand Company Log
General Questing

That is just what I know about. There are so many positive aspects to this game. I've been playing less than a month and I love it.

Anyways Lhunara on Coeurl

Anuric said:
Ouch Noodle. You don't think much of the questing process do you?

The main storyline of this game easily rivals any storyline of any other MMO I've ever played. That includes Star Wars The Old Republic. So that is saying something. So skipping the main story in the game is a huge mistake. I haven't bought any of the expansions yet. I'm I have 80 hours of played and I have a dragoon to 46 and white mage to 36. I still have more than 40 quests to go out of the 184 quests of the main storyline for A Realm Reborn.

That doesn't include any of the quests in any of the other zones. Which there are TONS of quests that I've just ran by. Mostly because at the moment I don't need them. I'll need them when I'm leveling a Paladin or Bard back through again.

Noodle if all you're doing is Duty Finder then you're missing the game. Yeah you can gain some quick experience by running the daily roulette. The duty finder isn't meant to be the sole source of experience. There are

Fates,
Hunters log
Grand Company Log
General Questing

That is just what I know about. There are so many positive aspects to this game. I've been playing less than a month and I love it.

Anyways Lhunara on Coeurl

I did not bring up questing for one reason: It's not the endgame

While I must admit the story is nice, and I got a majority of memorized including the 1.0 tie-in assuming your character is one of the original Warrior of Lights during the Seventh Umbral Era [Battle of Carteneu and all that jazz], but it's something all people will have to do regardless unless youre willing to drop $25 for story skips. The issue with it is that once its done then thats it, its done till the new MSQ for the relevant Expansion is added in. The main things done in end-game are Raids, Duty Roulettes to get your weekly cap for Tomestone armor, Crafting, Finishing Logs, Hunting now that it gives Cracked Clusters at an alarming rate allowing you to gather max level Materia much more easily and leveling your uncapped classes [Currently one 70 and 6 sitting at 60 waiting to be capped].

Grand Company Logs are done eventually to meet the requirements for max ranks meaning once youre done thats it, takes 30mins at best to complete. FATES are only touched upon by 2 people: People still in need of leveling jobs or People hunting special rare FATES that give either glamours or mounts which I do participate in for glamours and assuming you're one of the few who bother to cap all your Battle classes it becomes pointless. Hunting logs are once again one of the few things that should generally be done naturally as you progress through a new job seeing as they're great sources of exp to enter the dungeons. I know there is more but as a player from 1.0 and 2.0 onwards I do have many gripes with the direction Yoshi-P has taken the game. He has gotten to lenient on staying on a stale formula and giving us more of the same while trying to give us non-answers for quality of life or content that the community as a whole is interested in and that in of itself is annoying. "Please understand our servers cant handle the load" when he's throwing the money away for rented out castles or manors for Livestreams, this is why I warn people. Yes its a fun game but realize what you're getting into.

Quality of life end game is always an issue I don't care what MMO you play. SWTOR and WOW both suffer from bordom end game. WOW and it's Legion expansion is the most grindy I've ever seen the game and I've played WOW a long time.

What to do to keep yourself occupied once at max level is has and likely always will be an issue for the format of game play. Which levels and gear seem to be the only way developers have use of anymore to indicate character progression. Essentially by constantly increasing player strength you slowly eliminate content that is fun and or challenging. Level scaling certainly for dungeons, fates and levemetes helps but it has it's limits as well. PvE content always will have a wall. It's the players choice in how they handle what they are given.

Many players in many games turn to PvP to add in random challenge. No other than going out to the isle to pick up access to PvP I haven't touched it. Other than I know that character gear and stats have been normalizes. Which means your success "should" be more in your hands with skill. That doesn't mean that is always the case. Otherwise I'm not sure of the quality of life as a PvPer in FFXIV. It's more of an idea to bounce around really.

As a new player into the game I'm very happy with what I see. I'm enjoying myself, and at the end of the day that really is what matters isn't it? Having fun. That is why we play games. I understand the bitterness though. You play a game long enough and you almost feel betrayed when they do something stupid. Maybe it wouldn't hurt to walk away for a while. Might rejuvenate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back