• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Quiet type

Status
Not open for further replies.

pampers7

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have always been more of the quiet type and more of a forum reader than poster. I need to come out of lurker status to comment on the new Pampers Swaddlers size 7 thread.

The Cruisers size 7 have been my favorite since they were first released and I started driving, although I think they peaked around 2011? with the mostly white front and green dots on the back. That generation had the best ratio of stretch to strength in my opinion. It was always tough to figure out if the next update would be better or worse before the current version disappeared from store shelves. Especially since they often slightly changed the diapers without changing the packaging.

What size waist do you have to fit in a size 7? I fluctuate from 32-34, would that fit those? I can get into the largest Goodnights, although it's snug.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

DiaperMark said:
What size waist do you have to fit in a size 7? I fluctuate from 32-34, would that fit those? I can get into the largest Goodnights, although it's snug.
Fit is always a term that is used somewhat loosely when it comes to baby diapers on an adult.

My waist is about 36" and I can get the tapes to at least attach to the side wings until they rip off and then to the taping panel until the stretchy sides tear off at the back. With some Cruisers size 7 and Baby Dry size 6 this has lasted anywhere from minutes up to 6+ hours. In the past I have used the stretchy sides from one diaper on another but in the last 5-6 years it hasn't worked as great as around 2008-2009. Cottontail also has a design that uses the entire outer layer to make an extender.

My current favorite method is using the double sided Velcro One Wrap 1.5" wide and a piece of microfiber towel to cover most of the hook side that is against my skin. For about $15 you can make a multiple sets of extenders. I bought the Velcro from amazon (amazon.com/gp/product/B00I0TUMRE) and white microfiber towels 14" x 14" from the automotive section of Walmart. My current set has the velcro about 9" long on each side and microfiber about 2" wide by 7" long. This gives me the right amount of tightness without the stretchy sides tearing off even when worn for 10+ hours. The Baby Dry size 6 has had a slightly different taping panel material from the Cruisers and Swaddlers size 7 that requires a narrow strip of velcro across the front for reinforcement. I originally bought black 3/4" wide velcro one wrap and doubled it up, but I think the 1.5" wide white velcro version looks better

I hope this helps a little.

Excellent info, thanks for your help!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back