How did you come to be a babyfur?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adelio

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Bit of a question for all you babyfurs (and diaperfurs can contribute too) out there: how did you come to idea of being a babyfur? Did it happen over time? Did you figure it out over time by yourself? Did someone else help you figure it out? I'm just rather curious. o_O

Last edited:
It actually happened because of ADISC! WAAAAY back when I first joined, I lurked around the babyfur forums to see what it was all about. At that point, I had never heard about furries at all, let alone their stigma of place in pop culture. I had a completely pure and neutral viewpoint going in, which I am very thankful about!

Fast forward seven years later, and I'm still in the fandom :D

I came across a post on the ABDL storyboard forums about 11-12 years ago. I thought it was super cute and loved the art and ended up joining the furry community. It took time for me to decide If I was furry.

Not really sure if you're wanting my answer or not, since you said you didn't want diaperfurs. I'm not exactly sure how I'd classify myself, to be honest. I'm basically a DL, and was talked into the furry fandom by my little brother, Oceltot, about a year ago. I really enjoy the art. I've gotten several pieces commissioned now. I agreed to join, because it seemed like neat way to meet and interact with others, without things been awkward. I've just gotten home from my 2nd furry convention, Texas Furry Fiesta (TFF). There's a huge cub / baby fur / diaperfur / AB / DL / Little population there, so they're very welcoming.

I've had a very fun time in the fandom so far, and have inadvertently talked others into becoming cubs as well.

Being a furry / cub / etc. is sort of contagious. :p

I think at the moment, I might have been (partially or completely) responsible for 3 others becoming baby furs.

Legolas said:
It actually happened because of ADISC! WAAAAY back when I first joined, I lurked around the babyfur forums to see what it was all about. At that point, I had never heard about furries at all, let alone their stigma of place in pop culture. I had a completely pure and neutral viewpoint going in, which I am very thankful about!

Fast forward seven years later, and I'm still in the fandom :D

I myself had been in the fandom for quite some time but towards the beginning, before I even joined FA, I stumbled upon a badly written diaper/babyfur story on SoFurry (then called YiffStar) that piqued my interest in diapers. But it wasn't any diaper-related stuff that initially drew my attention to furry. But I had bought my first pack of diapers a couple of months later. That was in '07.

Since then I had only really considered myself a diaperfur. But sometimes I wonder if I could possibly be a cub to some degree.

Cereal said:
I came across a post on the ABDL storyboard forums about 11-12 years ago. I thought it was super cute and loved the art and ended up joining the furry community. It took time for me to decide If I was furry.

I kinda got engaged into the fandom before diapers; that came at a later time. I already pretty much knew I was furry by the time I started wearing.

Mattew said:
Not really sure if you're wanting my answer or not, since you said you didn't want diaperfurs. I'm not exactly sure how I'd classify myself, to be honest.* I'm basically a DL, and was talked into the furry fandom by my little brother, Oceltot, about a year ago. I really enjoy the art. I've gotten several pieces commissioned now. I agreed to join, because it seemed like neat way to meet and interact with others, without things been awkward. I've just gotten home from my 2nd furry convention, Texas Furry Fiesta (TFF). There's a huge cub / baby fur / diaperfur / AB / DL / Little population there, so they're very welcoming.

I've had a very fun time in the fandom so far, and have inadvertently talked others into becoming cubs as well.

Being a furry / cub / etc. is sort of contagious. :p

I think at the moment, I might have been (partially or completely) responsible for 3 others becoming baby furs.

Well, I guess maybe it was a bit rash to seek only babyfur input. Your perspective is interesting as well. So were you a DL before furry then?

Me I got into the furry community before diapers. When I did try diapers back in 2007 I had mainly considered myself a diaperfur and that was that. In the past year however I been getting more interested in the babyfur community but I'm not sure if it's a passing curiosity or if I'm cub deep down inside wanting to come out and play.

I was at TFF myself this year and I ended up going to the Cub Corral as a way to get my first step onto the babyfur community. I can easily say it was a unique experience being surrounded by so many cubs. I knew a couple already though they were already busy with doing other things.

But I wonder if I could've gone about it in a different way or if it would've been a more lax experience over all if I knew more people that I could be confortable around. I was pretty nervous in the Cub Corral and felt kinda lost. That and a lot people I knew were pretty insistent I go too.

I tried to explore a different side to myself this weekend and it kinda left me wondering about myself even more. I had never really done anything like this before (especially around such a large crowd of virtual strangers) and I wonder if maybe I should've tried to approach this differently than how I did this weekend.

I am a recent convert (Mattew's fault) to the Babyfur side, about 1 year ago. Like many here on ADISC, I have had a lifelong fascination with diapers and other babyish things, but I kind of ignored the Furry forums because I assumed this was just for people who had fur suits and dressed up as animals - which I did not.

Then I was introduced to some of the cute and awesome artwork (Mattew's fault again) and sort of fell in love. Then the idea of creating a fursona (for me a 2 year old tiger cub) was a perfect match with my diaper wearing and age regression interest. I find I can role play much easier as a mischievous hyperactive toddler tiger, than as a human.

I was also at TFF last weekend, by the way, my first Convention ever. I must say it was a terrific experience! I got to meet all sorts of new people, and be in a LARGE crowd of people where I could talk openly about being a furry and wearing diapers (at least amongst other Cubs). I even bought a Tiger tail and wore it around the hotel and even went out to lunch wearing it. Attracted some attention, but none of it negative.

I would suggest thinking about your fursona, I mean really developing him in your mind. Then, getting some artwork commissioned. It was the artwork that brought my little guy alive in my imagination.

Mostly, have fun with it.

Adelio said:
Well, I guess maybe it was a bit rash to seek only babyfur input. Your perspective is interesting as well. So were you a DL before furry then?

It’s OK. No worries. I just wasn’t sure if I was going to get yelled at for commenting. I’m not exactly sure how to classify myself, so I was hesitant to respond.

Yep, I’ve been interested / fascinated with diapers since as long as I can remember. I’ve got a few memories from when I was 4 and 5 involving them. Didn’t get into the whole furry thing until a year and a half ago. I’ve been on ADISC since 2011, and there’s a long running joke about how everyone on ADISC eventually turns furry. Just took me several years. I’m still not sure if I’d even classify myself as furry.

Since I’ve never really been or done any AB or “little” stuff, I feel a bit silly trying to do anything. But I can see and understand that role-playing as a cub, would be easier than as a human child. I’ve been told that if you can get someone to help you along, it makes it easier. Hopefully one day I’ll find someone that can help me do that. I’m honestly not sure if I’ll enjoy any of it or not. I guess I won’t know until I get the opportunity to try it out.

Adelio said:
I was at TFF myself this year and I ended up going to the Cub Corral as a way to get my first step onto the babyfur community. I can easily say it was a unique experience being surrounded by so many cubs. I knew a couple already though they were already busy with doing other things.

Wait!?! What?!? You were there? Did we meet? I’m honestly trying to remember. Dang it. Just like Cereal, I don’t think I got to meet you. I was very big on trying to meet people this year. I missed out on so much my first year because I was too nervous about meeting others. Did you stay for the cub Olympics? I was the guy that gave up on trying to drink the bottle, that hurt my jaw too much. I’ll be posting some pictures to my FA eventually of me in my fursuit. I took a few pictures of “me” as well, but I don’t think I’ll be posting them.

Adelio said:
But I wonder if I could've gone about it in a different way or if it would've been a more lax experience over all if I knew more people that I could be confortable around. I was pretty nervous in the Cub Corral and felt kinda lost. That and a lot people I knew were pretty insistent I go too.

Personally for me, knowing people, really helps. I don’t like large groups of people or meeting new people. I was so out of my element last year. I was talked into going by Oceltot. He was my rock. I didn’t go anywhere without him. I’m serious. We ended up getting a commission of me walking behind him with me holding his tail. This is something that really happened at the con. I was so scared and nervous. He had on his tail and had me hold on to it, as he walked around and met with his friends.

Over the past year I spent A LOT of time getting to know others in messages, pm’s, skype, teamspeake, etc. And I did MUCH better this year than last. I had several people comment on how I was a different person this year than last. Last year, people couldn’t get me to talk to them (they remembered) This year, they couldn’t get me to shut up. LOL, several people commented on how different I was.

Did you visit the cub hub? At times there were only small groups in there. Story Time is a good panel as well for cubs.

I was usually hanging out with different groups of cubs / babyfurs / AB / DL / diaperfur / littles / etc. It was fun. We went out to eat, and do various things together.

I highly encourage you to get to know others. It’ll make things more fun next year.

Adelio said:
I tried to explore a different side to myself this weekend and it kinda left me wondering about myself even more. I had never really done anything like this before (especially around such a large crowd of virtual strangers) and I wonder if maybe I should've tried to approach this differently than how I did this weekend.

Find people. Get to know them. Hang out with them. Use them to help you meet others. It helps. It works. Just trust me.

Little2Roo said:
I am a recent convert (Mattew's fault) to the Babyfur side, about 1 year ago…

Yep. lol, all my fault. There’s a long running joke here on ADISC that everyone that comes here eventually turns furry. It just took a long time for me and you. Many years.

Little2Roo said:
Then I was introduced to some of the cute and awesome artwork (Mattew's fault again) and sort of fell in love. Then the idea of creating a fursona (for me a 2 year old tiger cub) was a perfect match with my diaper wearing and age regression interest. I find I can role play much easier as a mischievous hyperactive toddler tiger, than as a human.

Can you blame me? The art is AWESOME! Also yes, this is exactly what I was talking about earlier. It’s easier and more fun to do the animal rp than human.

Little2Roo said:
…I even bought a Tiger tail and wore it around the hotel and even went out to lunch wearing it. Attracted some attention, but none of it negative.

Lol, yep. Going out to eat at a pizza place, and all the kids there were looking at our tails and had smiles on their faces.

Being on ADISC probably was at least partially responsible for me becoming furry. I wasn't when I joined, but I started enjoying babyfur art and having thoughts about collars and stuff.

KimbaStarshine said:
Being on ADISC probably was at least partially responsible for me becoming furry. I wasn't when I joined, but I started enjoying babyfur art and having thoughts about collars and stuff.

Same story here. (Except more diapers and not collars)

Little2Roo said:
I am a recent convert (Mattew's fault) to the Babyfur side, about 1 year ago.
x3 as am I (Mattew's fault) hehe.

I actually learned about furries from Tavimunk, who tried to convert me a long time ago. However he did not succeed xD. After hanging around talking to Mattew, he convinced me to create a fursona :)

I always found bfur and furry art really cute, but it took me a long time to figure out my fursona to one day get some bfur art of myself. For me, once I knew what animal I wanted to be, the hardest part was coming up with a name. It always takes me a while to name things.

ClandestineWing said:
Same story here. (Except more diapers and not collars)
*Slips a collar around your neck* Oh yeah? :p
lilkayden said:

I actually learned about furries from Tavimunk, who tried to convert me a long time ago. However he did not succeed xD. After hanging around talking to Mattew, he convinced me to create a fursona :)

I always found bfur and furry art really cute, but it took me a long time to figure out my fursona to one day get some bfur art of myself. For me, once I knew what animal I wanted to be, the hardest part was coming up with a name. It always takes me a while to name things.

I just took my fursona's name from my username - Kimba.

Mattew said:
It’s OK. No worries. I just wasn’t sure if I was going to get yelled at for commenting.* I’m not exactly sure how to classify myself, so I was hesitant to respond.

Yep, I’ve been interested / fascinated with diapers since as long as I can remember. I’ve got a few memories from when I was 4 and 5 involving them. Didn’t get into the whole furry thing until a year and a half ago. I’ve been on ADISC since 2011, and there’s a long running joke about how everyone on ADISC eventually turns furry. Just took me several years. I’m still not sure if I’d even classify myself as furry.

Since I’ve never really been or done any AB or “little” stuff, I feel a bit silly trying to do anything. But I can see and understand that role-playing as a cub, would be easier than as a human child. I’ve been told that if you can get someone to help you along, it makes it easier. Hopefully one day I’ll find someone that can help me do that. I’m honestly not sure if I’ll enjoy any of it or not. I guess I won’t know until I get the opportunity to try it out.

I'm kinda the same way right now. Not sure where to classify myself. I guess some of things I do when padded are considered 'cubby' according to some people and I had been more curious to explore beyond just the diaperfur label. Now I'm just unsure of myself in regards to this.

Wait!?! What?!? You were there? Did we meet? I’m honestly trying to remember. Dang it. Just like Cereal, I don’t think I got to meet you. I was very big on trying to meet people this year. I missed out on so much my first year because I was too nervous about meeting others. Did you stay for the cub Olympics? I was the guy that gave up on trying to drink the bottle, that hurt my jaw too much. I’ll be posting some pictures to my FA eventually of me in my fursuit. I took a few pictures of “me” as well, but I don’t think I’ll be posting them.

I may have seen you at the Cub Corral. I was that fat Mexican guy who was awfully quiet and playing with LEGOs mostly. Hell, I was so nervous, I didn't even get padded! My boyfriend did do the babyfood tasting challenge and won me a free diaper. I chose an extra Li'l Pawz!

Mainly I went because my boyfriend was being extremely pushy for me to go and several other local cubs were me to be there too. Really I'm not sure if I was really ready to be in a room surrounded by a bunch of cubs I didn't even know but I did it.

I also went to Story Time (this time of my own volition) after I was invited by a couple of other cubs. It was funny and I did enjoy it once I got my jitters under control. Too bad we couldn't see more of the Darh Vader & Son story since we had a horde of angry dragons waiting to use the room.

Personally for me, knowing people, really helps. I don’t like large groups of people or meeting new people. I was so out of my element last year. I was talked into going by Oceltot. He was my rock. I didn’t go anywhere without him. I’m serious. We ended up getting a commission of me walking behind him with me holding his tail. This is something that really happened at the con. I was so scared and nervous. He had on his tail and had me hold on to it, as he walked around and met with his friends.

Over the past year I spent A LOT of time getting to know others in messages, pm’s, skype, teamspeake, etc.* And I did MUCH better this year than last. I had several people comment on how I was a different person this year than last. Last year, people couldn’t get me to talk to them (they remembered) This year, they couldn’t get me to shut up. LOL, several people commented on how different I was.

Did you visit the cub hub? At times there were only small groups in there. Story Time is a good panel as well for cubs.

I think that would've made things a lot more comfortable for me. I barely knew any cubs, and the few I did know weren't going to TFF. When I was at the Cub Corral, I felt really lost. I wasn't even sure what I was doing was what I was supposed to be doing. I just sat by the LEGOs and started playing.

Me and my boyfriend went down to the Cub Hub to pick up that diaper he won for me later that night. I'm certainly not a party goer and it was cramped and noisy inside the room (plus that knock-back weed smell outside in the hallway), so I didn't really stay longer than I had to. I was semi-tempted to stay but sleepiness was taking over.

I was usually hanging out with different groups of cubs / babyfurs / AB / DL / diaperfur / littles / etc. It was fun. We went out to eat, and do various things together.

I highly encourage you to get to know others. It’ll make things more fun next year.

Find people. Get to know them. Hang out with them. Use them to help you meet others. It helps. It works. Just trust me.

I might try that for next year more and perhaps with furries I know are gonna be at TFF. I'm certain that was the biggest issue for me in fully enjoying this.

Little2Roo said:
Then I was introduced to some of the cute and awesome artwork (Mattew's fault again) and sort of fell in love.* Then the idea of creating a fursona (for me a 2 year old tiger cub) was a perfect match with my diaper wearing and age regression interest.* I find I can role play much easier as a mischievous hyperactive toddler tiger, than as a human.*

I would suggest thinking about your fursona, I mean really developing him in your mind.* Then, getting some artwork commissioned.* It was the artwork that brought my little guy alive in my imagination.*

Mostly, have fun with it.

Well, I already have my fursona as a fully grown male rat. Did you mean to suggest developing him further as more as a rat pup? Like attach a cubby side to him as well?

lilkayden said:

I'm just getting blamed for everything. :p

Blame in a good way, of course. I like being a cub :).

Luvs.

Oh no..what have I created...it's infectious.

KimbaStarshine said:
*Slips a collar around your neck* Oh yeah? :p

*Tries to yank the collar off* -__-

ClandestineWing said:

There is no salvation from furry hell ;~;

Oceltot said:
Oh no..what have I created...it's infectious.

Vampire cub, you turned me; and I turned others.

ClandestineWing said:

Good boys don't try to get out of their collars... Unless they want spankings.

So, judging by these posts, I'm to assume that I'll eventually convert over time then? X3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back