Difference between girls and boys diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
So, there is a diaper that I've been dying to buy. But the stores nearby only contains the boys version of the diaper. Until now the diapers I've worn didn't have any specific gender recommendation. What's the difference?
mp_top_pc_dry_pants_L_5th_01.jpg

Extra Soft USP-03 (L-XXXL).png

Both look pretty same to be honest. Any harm in buying the boys version? Or should I search other stores for the girls version?

Last edited:
The difference usually would be anything dealing with the absorbency, the location of the absorbent material, the amount of SAP (Super Absorbent Polymer), the number of layers etc. Boys' typically have most of the absorbent material concentrated in the front, while girls' have it in the middle/bottom. Also the fit of the garment would differ, in that boys would have more room in the front area, while girls' would be cut differently and accommodate larger hips, while boys would not accommodate girls hips especially those of an adult and just not really fit properly or cover all the appropriate areas as well.

Basically boys specific products usually are designed to fit and work best with boys 12 and under roughly. Girl specific products may not accommodate the waist or large thighs of an older girl or adult but the absorbent area would be in the right area for a woman. For a girl, to wear a product designed for a younger boy the product would have all the absorbent material in the wrong area, that would be of no use to a girl, and due to the cut and sizing it would not fit correctly or cover your butt most likely.

If you are actually speaking about a product for an adult male compared to an adult female then that is a different story, if that is the case, let us know and we can explain those differences instead.

For me as a guy, I've noticed no appreciable difference between the boys' and girls' GoodNites as far as space or absorbancy goes - so I stick to the ones for boys because I think the boy designs fit my cute little boy aesthetic better, if you will. But if your store only has one gender product available, I'd still say go for it, it's probably never going to be too different

Thought gendered diapers went out with luvs and pampers in the early 90s?

okmis said:
The difference usually would be anything dealing with the absorbency, the location of the absorbent material, the amount of SAP (Super Absorbent Polymer), the number of layers etc. Boys' typically have most of the absorbent material concentrated in the front, while girls' have it in the middle/bottom. Also the fit of the garment would differ, in that boys would have more room in the front area, while girls' would be cut differently and accommodate larger hips, while boys would not accommodate girls hips especially those of an adult and just not really fit properly or cover all the appropriate areas as well.

Basically boys specific products usually are designed to fit and work best with boys 12 and under roughly. Girl specific products may not accommodate the waist or large thighs of an older girl or adult but the absorbent area would be in the right area for a woman. For a girl, to wear a product designed for a younger boy the product would have all the absorbent material in the wrong area, that would be of no use to a girl, and due to the cut and sizing it would not fit correctly or cover your butt most likely.

If you are actually speaking about a product for an adult male compared to an adult female then that is a different story, if that is the case, let us know and we can explain those differences instead.

Yes,I'm talking about baby diapers. These two diapers to be exact.
XXL 10 boys.jpg
bcda015_mamy_poko_pants_extra_soft_xxl_girls_15-25kg_10pcs_main_2.jpg

Fit at that age should be identical. It's costly to manufacture with uneven padding - it's easier for them to just work off a single continuous roll of padding and cut out the hourglass piece and stick it down as it goes down the line. If you want extra padding in the middle or front, you'll have to lay down another layer of padding as an additional step.

I see that sometimes on adult diapers - if you open one up and hold it up to the light you can sometimes see a darker smaller hourglass region usually in the middle and extending a bit up the front and back on some diapers. It's basically a diaper that's had a thin (but usually high SAP) booster set down in the middle before the main padding is set down on top of it. That's a goo design really, allowing the main padding to have more pulp for better wicking, while keeping the high sap / heavy absorbency close to the plastic, away from where it would slow down the wicking.

Isn't kind of a moot point question? Both are kids pullups, so neither will fit an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back