NBA Licensed Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Just wondering if anyone else had seen these. And to let others know about them. I went into my local grocery store today, and saw officially licensed NBA diapers. Since I live in Oklahoma, and the NBA team that we have here is the OKC Thunder, that's the team logo that was on the diaper. I'm guessing that maybe in other areas, they have their own teams. Thought it was kind of funny. I'd never seen something like this before, and wasn't sure how long they'd been around.

They're manufactured by the Diaper Sports Group LLC, out of Dallas, TX. Also called the Small Stars Diaper.

....yeah...so I did have to pick up a pack of them...Just sort of an oddity to add to the collection. Obviously, too small for me to actually use, or anyone else. But if there are any Basketball fans out there with kids, you might be interested.

IMG_2891.jpg

IMG_2892.jpg

IMG_2942.jpg

Last edited:
Mattew said:
Just wondering if anyone else had seen these. And to let others know about them. I went into my local grocery store today, and saw officially licensed NBA diapers. Since I live in Oklahoma, and the NBA team that we have here is the OKC Thunder, that's the team logo that was on the diaper. I'm guessing that maybe in other areas, they have their own teams. Thought it was kind of funny. I'd never seen something like this before, and wasn't sure how long they'd been around.

They're manufactured by the Diaper Sports Group LLC, out of Dallas, TX. Also called the Small Stars Diaper.

....yeah...so I did have to pick up a pack of them...Just sort of an oddity to add to the collection. Obviously, too small for me to actually use, or anyone else. But if there are any Basketball fans out there with kids, you might be interested.

View attachment 25429

View attachment 25431

View attachment 25430

This reminds me of the TV show, "The Middle" where the Uncle markets baby diapers with the logo of the team you most hate, printed on the inside of the diaper where the baby would take a dump. It's a pretty funny premise.

lol, yeah I was just thinking about that. If I had a kid, and was a bit more into the NBA, I'd get a diaper for the team I don't like.

Jeez, what's next? Michael Phelps-branded swim diapers?

I live in Texas. There are also football ones.

Cottontail said:
Jeez, what's next? Michael Phelps-branded swim diapers?

lol, nice one.

dlinu said:
I live in Texas. There are also football ones.

lol, really? Nice. Are they made by the same company as these are?

It was kind of odd. They aren't at any other stores around here. Just one specific grocery store. None of the big box stores have them.

I've seen Texas Longhorns diapers too.

Mattew said:
lol, nice one.

I know, right? I mean, they could even have little gold medals that disappear if you wet--which would require some chemical engineering wizardry given the ambient environment.

I'll just sit back, arms folded, and wait for the royalties to start pouring in...

But back to the topic: One of the problems I've always had with gender-specific diapers is that these kinds of themes--sports, superheros, etc.--just don't strike me as being all that babyish. I think that's the core of my somewhat sissyish preferences when it comes to disposable diapers in particular. I don't want my diapers to be telling me that I should aspire to be a football player when, by putting on a diaper, I'm pretty clearly aspiring to be the opposite of that.

Cottontail said:
But back to the topic: One of the problems I've always had with gender-specific diapers is that these kinds of themes--sports, superheros, etc.--just don't strike me as being all that babyish. I think that's the core of my somewhat sissyish preferences when it comes to disposable diapers in particular. I don't want my diapers to be telling me that I should aspire to be a football player when, by putting on a diaper, I'm pretty clearly aspiring to be the opposite of that.

I didn't realize that you were drawn towards the sissy stuff. Shouldn't you like gender specific ones then? That way you can get a package of Goodnites with Butterflies, princesses, or something similar. And don't have to get the boy ones?

Or do you just prefer the babyish prints? Doesn't have to be gender specific, as long as it's babyish?

Personally I'm drawn to the boyish prints / designs (as you might be able to tell with me posting pictures in that Goodnites thread).

I see how these aren't really babyish or gender specific. I see them as more of a novelty for parents, that really like specific teams. Maybe something a parent buys once as a joke or for fun. Maybe an impulse buy at the store. It's not like they'll be going around showing it to people. "Hey look at the print on my kid's diaper". lol, that's a bit odd. They're off-brand. I'm not sure how well they'll do in a real life situation as its intended purpose. Could be a good diaper, might not be.

Mattew said:
I didn't realize that you were drawn towards the sissy stuff. Shouldn't you like gender specific ones then? That way you can get a package of Goodnites with Butterflies, princesses, or something similar. And don't have to get the boy ones?

Well, right; the gender-specific diapers are a double-edged sword, by design. :) But yes, I've got some sissy in me, and would take the girl GoodNites over the boy ones anytime.

Mattew said:
Or do you just prefer the babyish prints? Doesn't have to be gender specific, as long as it's babyish?

Babyish first, girly second, boyish last.

Ohh ok. Thanks for explaining. We all have our own preferences.

Yeah, I just get the girl Goodnites. For one, they look more like a baby diaper than Ninja warriors. And two, yeah, they're more sissyish.....sigh.

I have actually seen some (years ago mind you) that were covered in OU and OSU logos. I thought it was cute and all..

It was at my first job I had in Edmond, Ok..

How about one for the Washington Whizzards. (Wizards) :)

Moosie82 said:
I have actually seen some (years ago mind you) that were covered in OU and OSU logos. I thought it was cute and all..

It was at my first job I had in Edmond, Ok..

That's cool. Also, howdy fellow okie.

I would not want to retrieve the ball after a slam dunk!

Those are interesting even though I am a NBA fan I will not be buying a pack of these diapers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back