Shaving

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jn6438

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Do people find it easier to shave their private area when incontinent.

How do you do it?

I Have always done it and used a razor to do the job, I find it easier to clean up during a nappy change so will continue to.

PadsnPullups said:
I always keep my diaper area shaved. I use a women's Venus razor and shave during my morning shower. It only takes a few extra minutes and it makes cleaning up so much easier and keeps odors down.

I did try some of the ladies range but just didn't get on with them.

I don't think that any cautionary articles apply to incontinent people. I'm not speaking as any kind of expert here, just as someone being logical. Hair traps the moisture and the odor, neither of which is a good thing. It makes cleaning up a whole lot harder. I've been clean-shaven since I lost control; it's one of the things I think has helped me to be discreet about my incontinence.

Oh, to answer the OP's question: Venus razor. Works fine.

Norelco electric triple head razor for me smooth as babys bottom once a week shave does the trick not a issue a one

I trim my hair short but have never removed it totaly, i use a braun trimmer with aduustable lenth combs to trim it down to a very managable height.

I use a men's twin blade pivot head razor, dry or wet, sitting on the toilet or standing in the shower. Not a real close shave, but close enough.

Shave completely from my neck to my toes for the last 25 years and no problems yet. Keeps that whole area cooler and yes, easier cleanup too!
Once a week with a Gillette Mach3.

I shave down below - it is much easier to keep clean - to start with it was very itchy, but over time my skin has adapted

Jn6438 said:
An article from the Daily Fail. Mmmm I'll take that with a pinch of salt.
Hmm... Probably for the best:laugh:!
On a more serious note, I've been shaving "there" for a while now, it may feel a bit off putting at first, but you get used to it over time. I just use a cheap electric razor to help keep clean. It works out far better to shave in the long run, and I think the pros outweigh the potential cons.

I hate the itchiness that follows a day or two after shaving down there from the stubble, so I just cut it really short with scissors.

Yes, I find it easier just to shave down there - barrier creams adhere better, powder settles better, waste washes off easier. I use the same brand of razor I use to shave my face (although obviously I keep face and genital razors separate). I try to do it at least once a week.

URRRG!! Shaving is such a hassle and its always uncomfortable when it grows back. I recommend Brazilian Wax to anyone who finds shaving to be too much work, its a bit of an extra expense but you deserve to treat yourself!! :cool:

I have been trimming my body hair for a while now, in some areas like down there, belly and upper legs I trim really low to the point that it seems like shaven. I find it so much better than to shave, you achieve the same results but without all the hassle and possible complications of shaving. I use hair clippers btw.

It's great for immersion while regressed and I'm so used to it now that it looks strange when the hair starts to grow back.

I shave my chest, bottom (yes even into the difficult area which means spreading) but only trim (real short) the hairs in my guy-zone upfront. No itch, cleaner, looks better.

JOCKMAN said:
I shave my... bottom (yes even into the difficult area which means spreading) .... No itch, cleaner, looks better.

Sorry if this is overly crude, but how do you accomplish shaving your bottom (technique/equipment)? Isn't the stubble unbearable back and in there? How often do you have to do this? What's the easiest/most comfortable way to do it the first time? I have considered doing this myself as it would make cleanups back there much easier when I'm away from home and only have wipes, but the thought of the stubble makes me apprehensive.

This may sound cave man-ish here I just yank the hairs out of the backside while in the shower easier to clump a few groups of hairs together and yank them out its sounds worse than it actually is. the rest I use my spare Norelco razor back there with no issues at all .

I don't really shave down there, but too much hair can definitely be an issue so my wife periodically hits it and my butt with my clippers to keep it under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back