Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyWolfe

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Little
Sorry if this is a fairly short coming question, I've got a headache right now and it's hard to deal with the dim light from the monitor and clacking of the keys.

Okay, I'm not 100% sure maybe 50/50 that Baby Powder is giving me headaches.

I put on enough to apply it around my front and back and put some in the diaper.

It seems like every time I use it I get a headache from it. The thing is, it's hard for me to tell, since I am prone to getting headaches with the wrong smell, light color, too dim or too bright of lights, etc.

I use J&J baby powder, would there be another type that I could try, in hopes that it doesn't give me headaches?

Thank You
FM

or try none at all for a spell...
It's not required ya know? Just make sure to change a bit more often if your skin is sensitive.
:)

Perhaps the talc in the baby powder is giving you the headache. You might be inhaling it accidentally. Maybe you can try a corn-starch based powder. J & J and many other manufacturers make corn-starch based powder in addition to talc-based powder.

I think you should be using a corn starch based power and you probably are. Talc can act much the same as asbestos and we all know what that can cause, things like lung cancer. It's possible that you are experiencing an allergy reaction to the baby powder. My sinuses are sensitive to a number of things, dust being one of them. I would try using J&J baby lotion instead of the powder and see what happens. If you still get a headache, it may be caused by the smell. A lot of people who suffer from allergies get headaches from specific smells.

I used to suffer from migraine headaches and like you said in your thread, bright lights, almost any light, smells, etc. made my headache much worse. It could be that you were getting the headache first, and the powder and its smell made it much worse, or accelerated the pain. You might just want to stay away from both powders and anything with a strong smell.

Oh sticks, I didn't even notice the ingredient list showed Talc.

Yeah, I'll look for a corn starch powder and try that.

With the baby lotion, will that make me stick to the diaper?
I don't use my diaper until about 36 to 48 hours, until then I'll either pull out from the leg cuff or pull it down to mess and when I shower. I usually powder once a day and right before I go to bed.

With smells, I would love to have some nice smelling cologne, but 99.99% of them give me a headache, even most deodorant can sometimes give me a headache. This Christmas, my youngest brother got an amazing smelling cologne. I did a single spray on my chest, didn't breath in for a few seconds afterwards while walking away, and about 20 minutes later I had a raging headache, that made me sad.

Thank You everyone. Headache is mostly gone for now.

switch to diaper ointment/cream?

Now that you mention it, I find wearing strong scents can also give me a headache but I haven't had any negative fallout from any baby products. I don't use a lot of baby powder, oil, or lotion but it doesn't seem to affect me even when it's not just on the diaper. You might just be abnormally sensitive to scents, which would be unfortunate. I'm not sure if there's any way to desensitize yourself. It wasn't important enough for me to try.

Trevor said:
Now that you mention it, I find wearing strong scents can also give me a headache but I haven't had any negative fallout from any baby products. I don't use a lot of baby powder oil, or lotion but it doesn't seem to affect me even when it's not just on the diaper. You might just be abnormally sensitive to scents, which would be unfortunate. I'm not sure if there's any way to desensitize yourself. It wasn't important enough for me to try.

It really is unfortunate, so many different colognes I've had to pass by because it gives me headaches.

FluffyMastiff said:
It really is unfortunate, so many different colognes I've had to pass by because it gives me headaches.

For me, the effects are relatively minor, so I just tough it out if I really need to smell extra nice. I'm fine with deoderants that I've tried but with regular bathing, I don't see to be too stinky overall, so I go au naturale.

Be careful because too much powder can cause headaches. To much in the air can cause an explosion.

bluejewel has a good suggestion switch to diaper rash cream, I use the equate brand from Walmart and it works great, yes Imstick to my diaper for a while I till it absorbs into my skin a bit but it works our better then baby power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back