Does what you wore as a baby influence what you wear now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuffedBaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I think most people here are of the age where they were diapered with disposables as a baby but for me and others in my age group it was a cotton diaper and plastic pants. For years nothing could match the feeling of a nice soft cotton diaper and a pair of plastic pants for me. With the advent of the modern disposables however I find my self wearing a Rearz Seduction, a Northshore Supreme (plastic backed) or a Northshore pullup more frequently. Absorbency on this generation of diposables is outstanding, fit is great and comfort is close to cloth. It's great to have so many choices, how does everyone here decide what to wear?

don't really wear cloths these days. Granted I have memories of pampers being alot like what attends are (Albeit thick). I think the fact that wide scale they don't make diapers anything like the diapers I wore when I was 2 are like

I wore cloth as a child and wear disposables as an adult.

I do think there is a causal effect. Most of our members grew up with plastic backed diapers and they seem to prefer plastic backed. I grew up with cloth diapers and plastic pants and that's what I enjoy wearing. If you look up Love Mapping on Wikipedia it gives a good reason as to why this is. There article on Infantalism is very good and love mapping is attached to that article. It explains why we as children, probably made infantile sexual stimuli to objects like diapers.

I think it definitely does. What you're used to is what you gravitate to.

But another interesting thing: I've heard it said somewhere that it often happens like that, that a young ABDL wants not necessarily the specific diaper they wore as a child but the diapers the diaper that kids were wearing when they were not. I don't remember my source on that but it's certainly true for me: I remember being very jealous of a few of my friends who had to wear GoodNites when we were kids. It's no surprise at all to me that I'm satisfied with GoodNites as a DL.

I've always been most attracted to what I didn't get to wear as a child - Pull-Ups.

I wore cloth as a baby but prefer disposables. I don't recall being in diapers, so I think my interest is based more on what was available at the time. I keep cloth around and I like plastic pants but disposables are what say diapers to me.

I am a switch hitter cloth when I am at home and when I lay down , or disposables when I am out and mobile, at night I wear rubber bloomers during the day either "blue ice" or Gary wear active PUL , no matter what I wear I always have plastic pants of some kind on , I feel naked without them .

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I wore cloth diapers in gerber pvc or what I just call "rubber" pants. rarely a disposable diaper. older, I wore pullups sometimes for vacations / bedwetting.
I only have interest in mainly the pvc pants and pullups or rather just goodnites now. I did like the ABDL diapers too, but are somewhat of a hassle.

Absolutely agree, wore huggies or pampers as a kid, now I wear cloth backed disposables all the time. I think when I was an infant I wore plastic backed however. That seems to creep up on me now and then.

I ain't so sure about this. From what I know about my infanthood, I was in cloth diapers and plastic pants almost exclusively.

But yet I am more attracted to disposables than cloth diapers. I have explored using cloth and plastic pants, but despite some advantages, I tend to like disposables more.

So... x-nay from me as to whether my childhood wearing causes me to like what I like to wear now.

:detective3 TeddyBearCowboy

I would have to say yes to a point . I like a lot of others plastic back wore disposal pampers I remember when I was five. Trying one of my brothers diapers. I always loved the smell of baby cent pampers in their boxes when they we're opened or smelling them from from a nursery or diaper bag, I always liked the feel of the diapers and my pastic pants. I always thought to see a toddler get diapered the type of clothes he wore for diaper changes. I always thought it was neat to a child run around just in his diaper and t-shirt or what ever. And thèn I started wearing diapers again for various reasons and when o got older I loved to go to the buy my own box of diapers and trying them on Amy enjoying the smell. As an adult I have to admit I have to confess I have enjoyed buying my own diapers and stuff.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

I feel like this is the case with just about everyone as well. What you had then can easily be what you want now, and it really does help getting in that mindset or headspace of relaxation and innocence. I think I wore cloth-backed as a baby considering my age and I really wouldn't doubt it at all. Surprisingly enough, the first diapers I bought were indeed cloth-backed, and they felt so good... :eek:

Now, though? I tend to wear a lot of plastic-backed diapers. I can still wear cloth with no problems at all and have nothing against them, but I suppose I've found a new preference. Both styles are great all around - diapers rule!

I love babyish things and baby printed diapers and onsies stuff with snaps on them. There times when I was made to diapers for day time accidents and especially night time. I évén ran around outside like a toddler every now and thèn just in a diaper. Yes I got teased few times and had pulled backed and checked and changed like a lot of times. So that why I enjoy diapers as an adult and babyish things. So I guess that mâkes me a Do or a ABDL like others I understand. I don't have a problem with it. And am not ashamed of others who are. I do wear do diapers as a needed thing too.

I wore pampers as a baby and I love pampers now as seeing the symbol is very babyish to me but the others ones look cute too!

It doesn't have to seen babish. I think it's fun to wear baby looking diapers,. It can take you back. I feel its a fun thing too. If you have to wear diapers might as well have fun doing it

Pampers weren't widely available when I was a baby, and - like others in my generation - I wore Curity cloth diapers and plastic pants exclusively. When I started experimenting with diapers, I used the same Curity diapers and super-large plastic pants, then adult snap-on plastic pants. However, adult disposables came onto the market soon after and I used them extensively.

Today, I use pocket diapers as a 'hybrid' - the comfort of cloth with the convenience of disposables. I have pin-on prefolds and plastic pants, but I seldom use them; they're just too much trouble. My nanny uses disposables when we're out and about, and I greatly prefer plastic-backed.

When I was eight, our next-door neighbors had a baby. I vividly remember looking at the newborn sleeping in a playpen, wearing pin-on Pampers. The nearly-full box of Pampers was on the floor nearby. Fast forward a decade, and I watched my older girlfriend using Pampers with her nephew. Even in my late teens, I had a small waist, and I really wanted to steal a diaper or two ... or the entire box! My girlfriend actually bought me a box of toddler-sized Luvs to prove to me that they would not fit. With the prices boxed diapers from that era are fetching on eBay and elsewhere, I cannot help but wish I'd kept them.

Yes, there is a definite influence from this. Not as a baby though, but closer to 4-5 years old when most people start remembering what kind of diapers were used around them at that time.

i definitely agree, as a child i wore cloth diapers and plastic and rubber panties, and up until about five years ago that is primarily what i wore. My life has become a bit more complicated now though and cloth diapers require a dedication i cannot afford so i have switched to disposables, however i still wear plastic or rubber panties over them.

I don't even know what I wore as a baby lol. In 1988 to early 90s they were probably still plastic backed I presume, but I have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back