I think I'm furry curious

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't consider myself a Furry, but I've found out the last few months I've taken a liking to the Art/Fursona (particulary with diapers of course) thing and often find myself looking at that sort of thing on Twitter a lot.

I used to find it all really weird, and I guess I still do.

But more and more the last few years I have come to be 100% comfortable with who I am and what I like

And bottom line, weird is not bad and I would not want to be Mr. Normal.

I slowly got into it when a now-ex who was one introduced me to the work of his favorite artist. The art was really good and as I looked at more of it I came to appreciate the aesthetic. Soon I ran into some that genuinely did something for me and I had the realization.

I didn't mind it, to be honest.

Welcome to the proverbial rabbit hole. ��

I know this feeling. I've actually been "furry curious" for a long time. I love furries a lot, and I think they are adorable... on some occassions, I've even tried OUT the furry world and what not. The problem is that I don't feel that comfortable being one at the moment. I don't find it weird. I just don't know how to adjust to being furry either. I like the term you called it because that seems to really fit me very much.

I'm right there with you guys. I joined mainly for the incontinence section. I knew of the ABDL stuff and after several years I'm at a point where I can comfortable whit myself and have let go of any animosity towards that side, at least enough to explore some of the more colorful products out there and not have conflicting feeling. I never gave furries a second thought. I always pictured them as the extreme, suit wearing people.
But after joining here, and reading post on this tread I became very curious and looked more into it. In my research I found the furry fandom to be very broad. The best example I found and I think this will make sence to the OP and the others that have posted is this, think of a sports fan. It's a very broad group of people. By saying sports fan, you have left things open for a very broad range of people. Some people just like sports in general. Some like a particular sport like baseball. Some baseball fans only watch college games and some like professional. Then there are the extreme fans that dress up in the colors of their favorite team and never miss a game. Furry are much the same way. Some just like the art and love how creative the artist can be. Others will picture themselves and may even commission an artist to make their fursona in an image. Then you have the extreme where they will pay out the money to get a suit and where it out when they can.
There are so many shades in between that there is room for everyone. So with all that said, I would say you guys have taken the first step into the furry world and can call yourselves furries. Where you go from this point is totally up to you. Me, even though I am new to all this, I got very curious, learned what it was and asked myself, if I got more into it, what would my fursona be. After much thought, I picked a bear (or should I say a bear picked me). I got so excited once I got the basic picture in my mind, I have just commissioned an artist to draw my vision and make it more real. I can't explain it but I am so excited to see it and share that I can not wait. I'll keep you guys posted if you want and would encourage you to look inward and ask yourself what you would be and figure out your own fursona.

Good luck and keep us posted
RW

Reactions: OmiOMy
I think I would be considered furry curious too. My second life character is a kemono kitty, because she is freakishly cute and I love all things cute. I animated some cat stuff for her to use, a litterbox, scratching pad, cat toys etc. I love cats IRL and always jump at the chance to play a feline in a game, even my star wars characters are Cathar, but I don't really think furryism really carries over into my RL much other than that, although it wouldn't bother me if it did.

LavendarLime said:
I think I would be considered furry curious too. My second life character is a kemono kitty, because she is freakishly cute and I love all things cute. I animated some cat stuff for her to use, a litterbox, scratching pad, cat toys etc. I love cats IRL and always jump at the chance to play a feline in a game, even my star wars characters are Cathar, but I don't really think furryism really carries over into my RL much other than that, although it wouldn't bother me if it did.

That's absolutely adorable! :)

When Final Fantasy XIV came out I leapt for joy at the chance to play a beautiful carboy. I spent so much time lovingly crafting the color of his hair/fur, the beautiful shade of his skin (an almost blue-Black), making sure the two complemented each other perfectly. He is a beautiful catboy, and by the time I had finished building him I had to admit that yes, I'd gone a little beyond furry curious (It's Final Fantasy, he's GORGEOUS OK).

In real life, I am fascinated by the skill of suiters and find everything involved very interesting. It takes work and dedication to do that and I admire it.

I'm on my way to joining the club officially. I commissioned and artist and he has sent me the first update and I have to say I absolutely love my fursona as he is unfolding. I want to ask before I share what he has done but as soon as I get his blessing, I'll share in the creation of my first fursona..

It feels kind of weird but it feels like I'm inviting everyone to watch the birth of a child so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back