Could use some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So i have been thinking about buying a new supply

last time i got Abri from airplus 4, i really like them but atm im looking at Abri form M3, i never tried them any thay about the same?

any help/info would be appreciated

Sounds like those are the ones with clothlike covers, which I avoid like the plague. There's not that much practically wrong with them but they bring me no pleasure. Anyway, back in the day when Abenas were one of the contenders for best available diaper, I checked out the difference between 3s and 4s. It seemed minor enough that I was okay with 3s most of the time (I also thought the 2s were good for light wear). These days, I think everything but the 4s are clothlike covers, even in the US, so I won't be testing how they currently stack up.

it is the clothlike / cutton feel

Well when i had the airplus 4 thay was really good

But if the M3's are almost as good thay are "cheeper" per diaper.

but if thay are not as good or close to it might not be worth it.

im just not sure what pack i should get, i do like a thick diaper, any advice what to get?

I pretty much only Wear M3...Never tried M4, but probably should someday.
I'm generally not a fan of plastic-backing though, which I know is rare. I'll recommend M3 though.

Northshore makes a good cloth backed diaper. I like their air supreme. It certainly worth at least trying them.

The Abena 1-4 are the same cloth like diapers, just with increasing amounts of absorbant, 1 being the lightest/thinnest, 4 the heaviest/thickest. The letter designates the general size. I have used M2 (medium) for night time, but is actually a lighter diaper than the M4, which holds a lot more liquid. I like them all equally, and they are a high-end diaper. Some people just like plastic hand crank Lee, but that does not mean that abena has inferior products, because they don't.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

That was plastic and crinkly, LOL

Thanks for all the input

DiaperMark said:
The Abena 1-4 are the same cloth like diapers, just with increasing amounts of absorbant, 1 being the lightest/thinnest, 4 the heaviest/thickest. The letter designates the general size. I have used M2 (medium) for night time, but is actually a lighter diaper than the M4, which holds a lot more liquid. I like them all equally, and they are a high-end diaper. Some people just like plastic hand crank Lee, but that does not mean that abena has inferior products, because they don't.

Abena's "M" (original) series diapers are all plastic. Their "A" (premium) series are cloth like.

I just went through a case of M2, and they were cloth, so unless you are referring to a different designation, the m stands for medium because they also make an L2

DiaperMark said:
I just went through a case of M2, and they were cloth, so unless you are referring to a different designation, the m stands for medium because they also make an L2

Hum, I think you might be right. So they have M2 in plastic, and M2 in cloth like then?

Slomo said:
Hum, I think you might be right. So they have M2 in plastic, and M2 in cloth like then?

As far as I know, when Abena went to clothlike covers and customer opinion swayed them, they only went back to plastic for the 4s. The other levels of protection, even in the markets that sell plastic 4s, stayed with clothlike covers.

That is my understanding as well

It's all a personal preference really. I have used both plastic, cloth back, and real cloth diapers. Unless they were just the cheap drugstore variety, they all can be very effective depending on personal need. I have never had a cloth back diaper leak any more than a plastic one has. They all have their shortcomings, but they all have their benefits as well... well, most do!

Thanks for all the help end up going with a pack of Abena Abri Form Cotton Feel and a few sample diapers

if clothlike backing is what you want. get seni quatro, they are really well made clothlike disposables and hold as much as any other top tier product. if you dont mind plastic and you thought abenas were good, then get you some dry 24/7. dry 24 are the best diaper imo. good strong soft plastic cover. absolutely amazing leakguards and tapes, and top notch absorbency. these are the best fitting diaper ive ever tried and if they are gonna leak then they are gonna leak over the top of the diaper, and not until my 4th or 5th flooding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back