What's your style?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanch

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
As someone who works in fashion, this is one of my favourite topics of discussion.

I tend to really like dressing quite formally, even if I'm just doing casual things like going to the pub or shopping. I love wearing a blazer, shirt & tie* (*or knitwear) and loafers, and just feel more confident when I'm dressed that way. So, I guess I'd say my style is kind of Preppy, but I lean slightly more to the Mad Men aesthetic. If it's summer, though, I'll sometimes go more casual with graphic t-shirt and shorts. :)

How about fellow ADISCers? How do you like to dress? Do you just slip on the comfiest thing you can find, or have you developed a specific style which is all your own? :)

I guess I would go with "red neck".

Sweat pants and a pocket tee shirt. Shoes if I am going out and do not care what other people think.

I don't know what you would call my style. I mainly wear a t-shirt and black cargo pants.

I'm mainly into the whole "simple as I can get away with" thing.

At work that's basically somewhat dressy pants and a polo shirt. Usually black, but I have some blue, red, and grey.
Outside of work I usually go for sweatpants and a t-shirt.

Pretty casual. Mostly jeans, although I did start wearing shorts again last year in the warm weather - I have to keep my legs shaved now because I swim. T-shirts, turtle/mocknecks, sweaters, simple blouses.

Football hooligan casual
Jeans, designer polo shirt and pastel coloured jumper.
White Adidas trainers

While it's not really my goal, I guess my style is closest to indie. Jeans, t-shirts, plaid button-ups, hoodies. It's pretty normal tbh, not really a specific style, but with how my clothes are, that's probably the closest.

Definitely casual. I wear whatever feels most comfortable to me. Although sometimes from time to time, I'll wear a video-game related shirt.

I'm pretty drastically feminine even in my "adult space", sometimes I really still cling to the youthful stuff.. but sometimes it's more "mature" feminine as well. Most of the time though I crawl through the world trying to find things with a happy vibe, happy colors, dresses and skirts are usually a must. So.. preppy, girly, femme, whatever you wanna call it. Hehe.

Lots of us on the casual/simple/comfortable side.

I often go to town dressed like I'm going hiking in the mountains. Outdoor pants (one size too big) and T-shirt. 2 long sleeve T-shirts now in winter (I prefer that to having one thick layer). Running shoes almost always.

Sometimes I enjoy dressing up to theatre or a similar occasion, but not too often.

At one point of my working life I had to wear suit+tie every day and I hated that (especially when combined with the daily commute in super hot or super freezing weather). I felt like I was faking something.

View attachment 22864

View attachment 22865

Generally, my style is something I'll call reworked classical. If I'm doing something "event"ish, I'll throw on a jacket. I wear classic hats according to the old rules of hat etiquette (generally a light gray fedora with a long coat during the three Michigan seasons that require outerwear, the straw hat shown above during the summer). Sometimes, I'll go pretty casual with a plain t-shirt or hoodie with cargos. This happens much less often, but sometimes it just feels right.

Also, I don't wear blue jeans. I stopped wearing blue jeans after high school, and I don't plan to start wearing them again any time soon. I find them a detestable uniform of the masses that don't look particularly good on particularly many people. Also, I don't like how they're generally cut and fit. I'm pretty much a khaki, chino, and occasionally cargo guy. Those all work in pretty much every situation short of ones that demand a suit.

At any rate, I don't ever look like I just grabbed random clothes and put them on, even if I grabbed random clothes and put them on. I generally only buy clothes that work with other clothes. I buy jackets that I can wear with a wide range of things. I buy pants I can wear with a wide variety of things. I buy shirts I can wear with a wide variety of things.

So yeah, reworked classical.

Trendy I guess...
But only what is "wearable" and looks good. I like street fashion, so trying to create something unique, with like adding something long forgotten. While staying within range of casual or classic looks, nothing too overdone. Mostly pants/jeans and knitted sweaters/waistcoats I guess and my beloved dufflecoats. ^_-

Formal clothes (blouse, blazer & long skirt) depending on where I work, which I also like most of the time.

Ethical and ecological friendly as far as I'm able to get it.

T-shirts and jeans.

I usual just stick with whatever is comfortable for what I'm doing. Jeans and a t-shirt are what I wear most often.
If I do want to look cute, some patterned shorts and an airy top, maybe with some lace, will do it for me. Unless I'm feeling little that is- then I usually go for a cotton skirt with a cartoony t-shirt.
Overall I'd say I like bright colors and flowers a lot. :catsmile:

This is a timely thread for me. I had my men's group choir rehearsal tonight, and all of us were wearing flannel shirts and jeans. I made a comment about it because our accompanist, one of the men's wife, was wearing this beautiful blue top with glittery stars. I commented that we all looked a bit gray compared to her. Anyway, flannel shirts are my thing for the winter, except when I go to a restaurant or have big choir rehearsal. Then I wear khaki pants and a knit shirt.

In the summer it's a pocket T-shirt and shorts. It gets hot in Virginia.

I dress pretty casually and comfortably but if I could I would wear Sweet Lolita dresses alot. ^_^

Casual, T-shirt and jeans mostly. I don't get into a dress shirt or suit unless it's a wedding or a funeral, and I have never owned sweats, maybe I should expand my wardrobe!

I do enjoy dressing up nice. Where I work it's a casual dress code, but I think work in a nice excuse to where a shirt and tie. Although I prefer to wear a jumper rather than a suit jacket, unless it's a special occasion.
Outside of work I usually just throw on clothes. Typically a Tshirt with something printed on it and some jeans. In the house I just wear PJs. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back