Status
Not open for further replies.

Khaymen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Other
I am so happy, and have no one to share it with. I have been visiting thrift stores for the past seven years and today scored a major win. I got a pack of 1989 P&G Attends in my size for $5.

This just took me back to the feeling I had in high school when I first experienced adult diapers. I didn't think I would ever be this excited about diapers again and it is amazing.

What has triggered unexpected emotion or an unexpected emotional level in you?

Khaymen said:
I am so happy, and have no one to share it with. I have been visiting thrift stores for the past seven years and today scored a major win. I got a pack of 1989 P&G Attends in my size for $5.

This just took me back to the feeling I had in high school when I first experienced adult diapers. I didn't think I would ever be this excited about diapers again and it is amazing.

I was going through an emotional tough time. My diabetic wife's foot had become infected, and the doctors weren't sure they could save it. No matter what we tried, the wound simply would not heal. I was doing IT at the school where I was employed, and on some free time, I Google Earth'd a community where I had lived when I was 8 - 11 years old. It was a wonderful home along Barnegat Bay, N. J. There was nothing but small, old houses, a creek that lead to the bay, and woods and marshes as well as a swimming beach. I had a lot of fond memories.

Google Earth was a new program, so I used it to look down at my old house, and was in for the disappointment of a lifetime. Everything was built up, the houses torn down and replaced with much bigger homes as well as swimming pools. It was all gone. But something happened. It was then that I started writing my novel, and the setting was that little community of houses and woods, all leading to the bay. I love what I wrote as does my family. Even though it's fiction, it's a part of me and my past.

I crisscrossed the entire eastern half of the United States from the years of 2002-2006 going to various family events in the back of a beaten up Oldsmobile Cierra station wagon, I have some stories. When your driving up and down bypasses and highways you have to make stops at a lot of weird places which are prime areas for finding crazy rare things. I could buy things for anywhere from $0.50 to $10.00, sometimes I even traded a couple valuables for some things (like my sweatshirt, a copy of some movie on VHS, or sometimes even services like changing some guys tire). I found some old bottles of baby powder, some change mats, and of course a large number of vintage diapers which I never used and kept stored away in a hall closet (they're still there, I just don't want to drag em out and take pics because it might damage them).

Khaymen said:

Lucky, I miss those diapers. They were the best. Nice find!

BabyToddler said:
Lucky, I miss those diapers. They were the best. Nice find!

Funny thing is they have no SAP, so other than being nostalgic they serve no purpose as they are barely useable and leak like a sieve.

However, they feel fantastic and I hate to take it off when I wake up to get ready for work.

Attends were my first diaper twenty years ago and they worked well. Nowadays they are junk.my Gt is in diapers also and uses them because they fit the best in her mind.no matter what diaper I bring her to try she still goes back to Attends.

Khaymen said:
Funny thing is they have no SAP, so other than being nostalgic they serve no purpose as they are barely useable and leak like a sieve.

However, they feel fantastic and I hate to take it off when I wake up to get ready for work.

Sorry to hear that. When I found my Attends at Savers I had no problems. Unlike the new ones today. But now I use Total Dry plus briefs that work great for my daytime protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back