Status
Not open for further replies.

Cthulhu

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Remember that trip to London i posted about (With the other account i made called ''Luxuria''. Ceating that account was a mistake, i won't use it again and didn't mean to use more than one account) ?

Well, i made it.
I made it to the hotel in London (from Sweden) with a weeks supply of diapers and supplies. The fact that i pulled this off while living with my parents is pretty cool i think, i can tell you how i did it if you're interested.
Activities for the week is to attend an event Saturday and Sunday afternoon, see some cool building and castles, find and photograph some supercars (lots of those here unlike at home) and just explore the city. I put on a diaper after the security control at the airport, and will be in diapers until i leave the plane on the way home:) It's my first time wearing for more than 24hrs, so this is kind of a big deal.

In fact i've been dreaming about doing this for at least a couple years, and now it's actually happening. It's not every day a dream comes true, and this might not ever happen again. I can barely take it in tbh...

I would love to make this a daily post/diary, is this the place to do that or should i post in ''Stories''?

Now i have to get something to eat and then get some sleep (haven't slept for 30hrs). Tips on activities to do alone in London are of course welcome:)

Btw, do you think it's ok to ask for a bigger trash can in my room so i can dispose of some diapers that way? Otherwise i will have to take all of them out in my backpack and throw them somewhere else, which isn't that easy since it's a new country and city. I guess it would be ok, but since i wear by choice i feel kinda bad making the housekeeper taking care of my used diapers.

Welcome to London!

You can create a blog here to document your trip - see tab at top^^!

I wouldn't ask for a bigger trash can, just bag your wet ones welll and put them next to it - if they have something suitable they might bring it otherwise they will just chuck the bags into their wheelie bin. They are used to collecting trash that is not in the bin - e.g. few hotel room bins will hold pizza boxes. That is, unless you don't want them to know you wear nappies. I've long since stopped worrying about that.

Have fun at the weekend, I'm working most of it...

Paxe said:
Welcome to London!

You can create a blog here to document your trip - see tab at top^^!

I wouldn't ask for a bigger trash can, just bag your wet ones welll and put them next to it - if they have something suitable they might bring it otherwise they will just chuck the bags into their wheelie bin. They are used to collecting trash that is not in the bin - e.g. few hotel room bins will hold pizza boxes. That is, unless you don't want them to know you wear nappies. I've long since stopped worrying about that.

Have fun at the weekend, I'm working most of it...

Ok thanks:)

PyjamaBaby said:
Congratulations. I hope you have a great time.

What kind of activities do you want to do? When I have visited I went to Harry Potter world (a bit outside London, but great) and one that you might need a diaper for is the London dungeons. Enjoy
I've certainly had a great time so far :) I don't know, anything that wouldn't be ''weird'' doing alone. For example if i saw someone go to the cinema by themselves i would think it was odd, because that's usually a thing people do with friends to have a good time.

It just happens that I'm also in London this week (for work/business)

Yesterday I went to visit the british museum (they have historic stuff.... Thinks I liked the rosetta stone, many ancient egypt mummies, etc.), and then moved to a place where there are at least 3 museums, but I only visited the Science museum, and then took a walk on the park nearby (Hyde park)
Tomorrow I plan to go to the Natural History museum, changing of the guard at buckingham palace (happens daily at 11am), and london eye.
There's certainly lots of things to do in London! haha.

Diaper-side, this week I haven't brought any, but the last time I came I did bring 1 diaper per night. I would dispose them in the street trash bins sealed in a small plastic bag (Not sure if I'm supposed to do that, but I couldn't find any other trash more suited for it)

The Cutty Sark in Greenwich is pretty cool as is the observatory in Greenwich Park. You can stand on the meridian line there and jump between time zones. Natural History Museum is another good one like the British Museum. The London Eye and going to the top of the Shard for amazing views. You may be able to visit the House of Parliament depending on the day and also the Tower of London is fun. I love London hahaha. Have a great stay.

MotherFaith said:
The Cutty Sark in Greenwich is pretty cool as is the observatory in Greenwich Park.

If I'm not mistaken, the Cutty Sark had caught fire and either is heavily damaged or burnt down. I was in London a couple of years ago and on a hop on/hop off bus tour which had seeing the Cutty Sark as its main attraction only to be told midway through it had caught fire.

lonewolf93 said:
If I'm not mistaken, the Cutty Sark had caught fire and either is heavily damaged or burnt down. I was in London a couple of years ago and on a hop on/hop off bus tour which had seeing the Cutty Sark as its main attraction only to be told midway through it had caught fire.

from wikipedia:

The ship has been damaged by fire twice in recent years, first on 21 May 2007 while undergoing conservation. She was restored and was reopened to the public on 25 April 2012.[5] On 19 October 2014 she was damaged in a smaller fire.[6]

Maybe they ought to install sprinklers ;)

Thanks for the tips everyone. Since i'm out and about most of the time i only throw 2-3 diapers a day in my room. They don't always fit in the trashcan, but if they don't i just put them next to it (in bags of course). So it turned out to not be a problem :) I have another problem though. The plastic pants i wear are plastic on the inside, but similar to a cloth diaper on the outside. Because i walk almost all day it's chafing really bad, and i've got rashes where the bottom of the diaper goes against my thighs. It's fine to walk for a while if i put cream on the rashes and wear a plastic diaper without the plastic pants, but i need the plastic pants for smells and i have more cloth diapers than plastic ones (ordered plastic Tenas, but got cloth ones...). It's fairly hot outside as well, so that plus the plastic pants plus the hot pee makes it very hot in that area. Now i've bought some band-aids(?) to put over the rashes so the diaper goes against them instead of my skin. We will see how it goes tomorrow.

Have fun in London I have never been would like to go at some point.

I'm not familiar with plastic pants with a fabric outside, but could you turn them inside out? In hot weather I often abandon the plastic pants and switch to hybrid nappies, as the benefit of the hybrid is only achieved when the breathable parts are exposed to the atmosphere. The extra comfort is worth the more frequent changes necessary to be safe from leaks, and the restrictions on where and when it's OK to make messy smells. Putting any kind of protection over sore areas sounds risky, I would do anything possible to avoid contact with those while they recover.

Paxe said:
I'm not familiar with plastic pants with a fabric outside, but could you turn them inside out? In hot weather I often abandon the plastic pants and switch to hybrid nappies, as the benefit of the hybrid is only achieved when the breathable parts are exposed to the atmosphere. The extra comfort is worth the more frequent changes necessary to be safe from leaks, and the restrictions on where and when it's OK to make messy smells. Putting any kind of protection over sore areas sounds risky, I would do anything possible to avoid contact with those while they recover.
Yes i've thought about turning them inside out, i will try that when i go out today.

Paxe said:

You can, but there isn't much of a point to doing so. The outer nylon fabric isn't thick enough to absorb much of any pee. Plus the inner polyurethane layer goes around the entire cover.

Some say the entire cover is slightly breathable, but I have not found that to be the case. When the inside is saturated wet, the outer layer stays completely dry, plus it contains smells just as good as any plastic diaper cover.

Slomo said:
You can, but there isn't much of a point to doing so.
The reason for doing it would be that the cloth side irritates the skin more than the smooth plastic side. I tried it for a while and it was a little better, but i ended up putting band-aids over the rashes instead. It worked great for a while, but then the adhesive started to come loose and pull on the hair on my legs and sticking to the diaper/plastic pants. I changed them out halfway through the day. I got a bit sore where the adhesive was instead though, haha. I'm in my room now, putting skin cream on the rashes and recovering :)

In your position I would definitely be going without the pants. For comparison, I didn't wear any today, and was walking / running around the site for ten hours or more without any chafing or stress on the skin. It was not so hot that hybrids were essential, and I expected to be drinking a lot of coffee, so I chose MyDiaper White with boosters, inside support panties, under my cargo shorts. The support panties keep the nappy snug enough that it doesn't rub anywhere even when soaked, and the reasonably high performance nappy combo avoids irritation from leaks around the leg gathers. I've got plastic pants on now though and wouldn't be without them overnight.

PyjamaBaby said:
So how did the rest of the week go Cthulhu?
It went great, thanks for asking :) I actually made a blog post about every day i was there, check it out if you want. It was an experience i don't think i will ever forget, and i would love to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back