Enjoying my new reaz rebel diaper

Status
Not open for further replies.

makena43

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I like the new rearz rebel diapers but i have some questions. First, I notice there is a clear plastic panel now is this so I can readjusts the top tapes but not the bottom two tapes. Second question. Is the tapes land 3 inches into the waist Does this mean they are too small or just right? Third is it looks like on amazon there is only reaz rebel diaper but that can be shipped to Maui is there another or what other ones in baby diaper can anyone suggested. Thanks

Last edited:
makena43 said:
I like the new rearz rebel diapers but i have some questions. First, I notice there is a clear plastic panel now is this so I can readjusts the top tapes but not the bottom two tapes. Second question. Is the tapes land 3 inches into the waist Does this mean they are too small or just right? Third is it looks like on amazon there is only reaz rebel diaper but that can be shipped to Maui is there another or what other ones in baby diaper can anyone suggested. Thanks

As long as the tapes don't overlap each other, it could mean they are ok. There's a LOT other stuff that determines if the diaper fits right though.

First, does the top front and back extend up to your actual waist band (near the belly button)? If not, then it's too small, and you will likely leak over the top.

Do the side panels overlap each other at least an inch or three? Again, if not then it's too small. Here you will be likely to leak out the sides.

Also, is there at least a little extra room on the inside of the diaper. That is, the center section of the diaper should not feel tight, but have room enough to swell and expand, as well as room enough to accomodate for any bowel movements.

Lastly, even with this room in the center, the diaper needs to be snug all around the legs, and waist band. You should only be able to easily stick two fingers under the leg bands- all the way around. Any more fingers, or any looser, and that's a clear sign the diaper doesn't fit right and will be a recipe for leaks.

The same for the waist band too. Though here you should be able to easily get four fingers under the waist band. No cheating by sucking it in either. Any looser, or too tight, and that is also a good recipe for leaks as well.

This all goes for every diaper out there too. Some brands of the same size will not fit the same as other brands of the same side too. This is why there's so much trial and error in finding the right diaper.

The pad goes close to my belly button. The sidepnel or tapes go where. If you place both hand on your hips the tapes are where your finger nails are located. There. Is room in the back . and the leg are sugged. And I make sure the top is. Tight. I. Fold the diaper lengthwise.

Slomo said:
As long as the tapes don't overlap each other, it could mean they are ok.

I would disagree with that. I see that as just the too-big-for-you variation of squeezing into a diaper that's too small for you. The top tapes really ought to be at least 3-4" apart for me to consider it a "fit". Especially if the diaper has front elastic, NONE of which is being used if the tapes are next to each other.

I have 33 inch waist. I brought the medium size.

I liked these and found I could if needed adjust all 4 tapes on the taping panel.

Oh cool I like to be able to move if I put it in wrong part.

bambinod said:
I would disagree with that. I see that as just the too-big-for-you variation of squeezing into a diaper that's too small for you. The top tapes really ought to be at least 3-4" apart for me to consider it a "fit". Especially if the diaper has front elastic, NONE of which is being used if the tapes are next to each other.

Agreed, it could be ok, but might not be. That's why I threw in the other common criteria for a good fit. Sizing and fitting is extremely subject to each person. Even if the top front elastic isn't being fully utilized, as long as you're getting the proper rise and snug fit, then it could still be ok even if the tapes are too close to each other.

Darn it, why do diaper manufactures have tocbe so inconsitent with sizing! We need something better than just small, medium, large.

Yeah I agree with silmo so I bet with a large rebel it would be way too big with a 33 waist

makena43 said:
Yeah I agree with silmo so I bet with a large rebel it would be way too big with a 33 waist

Although I have a 40" belt reach, I prefer my diapers at a more comfortable 42" around, which puts the top tapes on a size Large in that group of diapers about 7-8" apart. So the tapes would meet around 34". Definitely too big for a 33" waist.

So yes they are the right size ?right?

makena43 said:
So yes they are the right size ?right?
I have 33 inch waist. I brought the medium size.

Yes I'd say 33" waist will fit good in size medium rebel

I just measure. My waist and its 35. So I sure 2 inches. Shouldn't make a diffence using the medium rebel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back