Which do you prefer Underjams or Goodnites?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowYellow

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I want to know which you prefer Huggies Goodnites or Pampers Underjams and why you have that opinion,
as well list pros and cons of either one then I'll give you my opinion :D

MellowYellow said:
I want to know which you prefer Huggies Goodnites or Pampers Underjams and why you have that opinion,

I like Underjams better simply because I think they are cuter and more comfy. They also have a lot more absorbing capacity compared to Goodnites.
On the other hand they tend to tear after long use, which can get pretty irritating. Which to me is the only place goodnites out does Underjams.

brabbit1987 said:
I like Underjams better simply because I think they are cuter and more comfy. They also have a lot more absorbing capacity compared to Goodnites.
On the other hand they tend to tear after long use, which can get pretty irritating. Which to me is the only place goodnites out does Underjams.

Apparently we have the same issues, and views on this particular subject, thanks for your input

From what I hear, pre-stretching UnderJams is a must to prevent tearing.

Historically, UnderJams have been the only ones I could pull on. The elastic is just a lot stretchier. Some people have reported problems with the elastic tearing, but I have 44" hips and I've worn them for hours without issue, so I don't know. :shrug: I do pre-stretch the sides a bit, but not drastically.

In the past, GoodNites L/XL were quite a bit bigger -- 2" longer -- than UnderJams L/XL. The latest GoodNites have been reduced to the same size as UnderJams, however.

That said, neither of them have quite enough room in the crotch for my man-bits, and because Pampers baby diapers (e.g. Baby Dry 6) are the same length and also ~30% wider in the crotch, those are my preference.

I think I like Underjams slightly more but each have there pros and cons and are nearly equal. I think Underjams are softer and better at absorbing and are more daiperish. I have experienced the sides tearing on Underjams though. However I really like the graphics on Goodnites and think they fit a bit better (although I haven't tried the newer resized ones yet). If they made Underjams the size Goodnites use to be that'd be the perfect night time pull-up.

Well... :chin:

I may have to take back some of the things I've said about GoodNites L/XL recently. Feeling like I'd gone out on a limb a bit by having not tried the latest ones myself, I decided to swing by the store and grab some. A few months back, a user had posted that the length had been reduced to 22", which seemed pretty severe -- yet not unbelievable, as UnderJams L/XL are about 22" long. Since then, I've been spreading the 22" figure for the new GoodNites L/XL, but...

The ones I picked up tonight measured 23.5" when stretched flat, which is not a huge difference from the 24" I'd measured a couple of years ago. I don't know where 22" came from. (Can anybody corroborate that?) What was a huge difference was that I was able to pull them on immediately without any pre-stretching at all. And I have a 38" waist and 44" hips! Frankly, I'm amazed at the stretchiness of these GoodNites, which is far beyond any I've tried before. Assuming I did get the latest kind (I'll post some pictures in the next day or two and we can crowd-source the answer), then these are, in my opinion, a major improvement from a fit standpoint.

That said, they still leaked. :( As always, the crotch width on these just isn't enough for me, and I end up with gapping. D'oh!

So I won't be stocking up on these, but still... hmmm... They have probably bested UnderJams in my book, at least in terms of fit.

This larger girth is what I experienced on my latest order, Cottontail. Like you, I was surprised. They returned to the Ninja and camo-skateboarder, or whatever that is, plus it has underwear seams and a fake fly printed on them. Seems crazy to me but then I'm not a grade school aged kid.

I like underjams more. However if I wear Underjams overnight the sides have a higher chance of over stretching and tearing on one side then pampers babydry /s 6 so...But I've only had one box of them so could of been bad batch. Speaking of bad batches, as far as the 22" thing goes. That could of been a measuring issue or a bad batch.

Goodnights because under jams are too small

Here is my little comparison!

Goodnites

++ Very nice design
++ Very solid (can be worn the whole day without ripping)
+ Comfortable

Underjams

++ Very comfortable
+ Smaller waistband making them more discreet (no risk to pop out from jeans)
+ Cheaper
+ Great design
- Sides can rip
- A bit smaller

MellowYellow said:

I actually can't answer this question....

I prefer the Goodnites over Underjams

Goodnites are a little bigger, with stretchier sides. I like the thickness & absorption of Underjams, which is better than the Goodnites, but the sides rip too easily.

both!
underjams rip easier..

Goodnights fit me just fine, as I have (frustratingly) small waist, but honestly I prefer the Underjams because they seem noticeably softer.

Underjams are a bit more absorbent, but neither are spectacular in absorbency. I prefer the designs on Goodnites.

I prefer Goodnites by far. They fit well, have a strong design that doesn't fall apart, and enjoyable prints that get updated every couple of years. Underjams have flimsy elastic that falls apart easily, and ugly prints. I gave up on Underjams after trying them a few times over the years.

In Underjams' favor, they have more absorbency and are always very quiet. Goodnites' quality varies and sometimes even the current quiet design get crinkly due to glue loosening between the layers around the legs. I think that P&G has better technology for the core diaper element used in Underjams. It's too bad they perform so poorly on durability and aesthetics.

Goodnites:

Easy to remove the cloth to show the plastic underneath.
Rise high.
Kinda crinckly.
Comfy.
Absorb decent.

Underjams:

Sits lower.
Not as crinckly.
Softer.
A bit more comfy.
Absorbs a good amount and swells nice.
Tears easy.

So take your pick. I personally prefer goodnites, as underjams sit far to lower and tear over time. Goodnites never tore on me. So I am in favor for Goodnites for a pull-up, but I obviously love real diapers better.

Goodnights is all I have used so far as I am a newb, the L/Xl. I am going to try the underjams so I will update after I try them. I am 140lbs 31in waist and goodnights fit great. They don't stay up very well if they are at maz capacity, they tend to slide down a bit. They hold a good amount and no real leak problems as long as you don't flood them quickly. They fit my crotch pretty good but im not hung like a horse either.

SIDE ITEM: I want to get some baby diapers but don't want to have to modify them what would you all recommend brand and such as I said im 140lbs 31in waist im pretty small.

No baby diapers unmodified will fit a waist above 28" for sure, unless you are willing to spend a lot get some from another country there might be a few that have a size bigger than a US 7.

As far as Goodnites L/XL are concerned, they are best suited for guys with a waist of 28-29" or less, and also small thighs and hips of course. Girls should not have hips or waist exceeding 28"or big thighs.

Underjams are best suited for someone with no dimension greater than 27-28" or they will rip after prolonged use.

Persons who are larger may be able to get them on of course but they may rip and they will leak severely and not function properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back