Frozen 2 Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
It had been heavily rumored, but it's official Frozen 2 is totally a thing..

And I have to admit, I'm both extremely surprised and like.. not at all. Yeah, the obvious question is.. "where is there for the story to go?".. which is what made me think there wouldn't be one. Still, I mean.. it makes perfect sense that Disney is trying to do this to keep their current cash cow.. making the dollar milk. I just don't know how successful I think it will be.

What makes me worry is that Disney will think the natural progression is to find a romantic partner for Elsa, but also that Disney doesn't realize that that is in some way counter to the part of the reason why Frozen got so popular.. that vibe of not NEEDING the romantic partner. In that it's mostly a story about the two main sisters and about Elsa really discovering herself without the need of a "man" to having been involved.

This isn't to say I'm personally against the idea of Elsa finding love.. darn, wouldn't it be nice if Disney was progressive enough to go "the other way" with Elsa? Would be nice just to see.

Your thoughts?

They've got sequels for all their movies planned before the first hits the theater. I was sick and tired of hearing Frozen Frozen Frozen after the first one came out.. raving crowds of fanboys and gals can ruin a movie for me.

I'm not happy at all. As a huge Disney fan, this is a terrible idea. The first one was incredible but now Disney is just trying to get every penny they can out of it. I will always support everything that is Disney but I will keep my expectations low for this movie.

I would rather burn my nipples off with liquid nitrogen.

I saw the trailer for Frozen and it looked funny, but then I heard it was a musical and the advert scene wasn't even in the movie.

I don't want to build a snowman, I want to replace it's carrot nose with dynamite and blow him up.

[video=youtube;umDr0mPuyQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc[/video]

The only thing I liked about frozen was the snowman. He was original and cute. The rest of the movie not so much

One can only put up with so much frozen, the fact that there will be a second movie. I think I'm going to go insane ugh.

I hate cold weather, but I don't know......I like ice cream.

Not even once

gigglemuffinz said:
Your thoughts?

If they do it right, this is actually a really great opportunity for a classic adventure tale with female protagonists. I think you're spot on that a big part of Frozen is that Elsa doesn't need a boyfriend and the female characters and their familial love are the important actors in the movie. So, why not run with that? Introduce a villain who causes a problem of some kind: maybe s/he's got some new magic, or s/he makes Elsa's magic go haywire so she's out of commission for part of the film. Then have the existing cast work together, overcome some challenges, fix whatever problem the villain caused and ultimately confront and either defeat or redeem the villain. It's the most classic story out there and because the character's from Frozen are so endearing, I see no reason not to take an opportunity to tell a classic.

I really don't care all that much. I saw Frozen, and it's good, even if I'm sick to death of it thanks to overhype. I don't have high expectations for this sequel since Disney is known to always make atrocious sequels (Seriously, aside from the Toy Story sequels and the Rescuers Down Under, they don't have a single good one) and I can't imagine this being any different. However, Studio Heads will be clinking champagne glasses and celebrating as considering how much money the original made, this is essentially a guaranteed cash cow, regardless of the hate that everyone's posted about it. There's only one thing Disney is thinking about this sequel.

Raining-Money.jpg
"Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let the shit rage on! The critics never bothered me anyways!" :smile1:

Seriously, considering how many sequels and spin-offs Shrek, Madagascar, and other cash cows have gotten, I can safely predict that we're going to have a Frozen 3 that everyone will complain about.

A site full of littles and 90% of us hate a Disney kids film. Disney you f*cked this one up!

I still haven't seen frozen 1, I'm serious I haven't got a chance to see it, but still, in my opinion 85 percent of sequels are cash cows, and are worse then the original, and about 15 percent are good. although I did like despicable me 1 & 2, the sherk movies, and the Lego movie, and others... (not kidding, but still.) What I'm trying to say is there's a natural ending point to a series, and milking a series for all it's worth, no matter how good it is, or how much Money it makes, is always a bad idea, unless you can do it right, and keep what people loved about it intact, like the toy story series.

Last edited:
I just saw they are doing "Pirates of the Caribbean 5". I originally thought they were going to stop at 3. I, too, have not seen Frozen I. I want to as I am a Disney fan, but haven't had the chance to. I guess I better see it before we go to Disneyland this summer.

Starrunner said:
Frozen was pretty good, but I'm more pumped about the next Star Wars movie.

Ding! Ding! Ding1 We have a winner! I can't wait (obviously) either!

zipperless said:
Ding! Ding! Ding1 We have a winner! I can't wait (obviously) either!

I also can't wait, I hope it's good.

just Saying i drive a bus with Young Children and one of the CD's we are given by the Schools is packed with things like THE ENTIRE FROZEN SOUND TRACK plus what the fox say and happy by pherrell and quite honestly i want to shoot myself by the end of the day its Horrible. id even be happy with a Kids bop CD if it means i never have to hear let it go again

But Still Frozen 2 is a BAD IDEA. too Much Girl stuff in Disney shoot lets have another Cars movie or even a new Planes, or better yet lets actually hear about a new animated marvel movie or more info on SW 7 i mean come on disney get your act together you have BOUGHT OUT franchises that have grossed almost 10X frozen in their life time and you still bank on a movie that makes people want to commit suicide.

With all the positive reaction this movie got (pretty much everywhere), I'm surprised to see such negative responses to a sequel. Pretty surprising for the movie that was hyped to me as "the best thing Disney has done since The Lion King." I enjoyed it more than the trailers led me to expect but I would say it was overhyped. I'm neutral on a sequel. I'm just not strongly invested enough to think it could damage a good movie I enjoyed but didn't gush over, nor do I have any burning questions about where the story goes from here. We'll see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back