pushing for new type of pull up

Status
Not open for further replies.

wmd1982

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Ok I have been in contact with Adam from north shore. I was asking him if he could make a pull up out of his cloth back diapers. I just want to know how many out there would like to see a quality pull up that is just like a diaper but is a pull up instead of these granny pantie style pull up for adults. And how many of you would order them if they was top notch quality. Just wanting to get a feel for what everyone wants to see. Please jump in. Also he said that the cost to make such a pull up is very high I really want to see him be able to make pull up diapers so any ideas how to help again jump in the conversation

The big problem here is how much adult pull-ups need to stretch. Just look at the S/M Always Discreet pull-ups that just came out. They cover waist sizes 28-40". That's one size, and it needs to stretch 12" -- or more, given women's curvy hips. Now consider that, between ages 2 and 12, a child's hip circumference grows about 10" on average, and yet there are five sizes of pull-ups for that age group (Pull-Ups 2T-3T, 3T-4T, 4T-5T, GoodNites S/M, L/XL).

The adult diaper market has basically been whittled down to "two sizes fit all." The flat, Huggies-style elastic just isn't stretchy enough for that. To use that stuff, I'm pretty sure they'd have to add a bunch more diaper sizes, and good luck with that!

But I do sympathize. I don't care much for pull-ups myself, but I'd like to see elastic wings on adult diapers. That's a change that seems a bit more doable given that tape positions aren't fixed.

Ok I understand what u are saying and I get it I am hoping that someone will come up with something that is more like a diaper though. They could take the briefs they have now and add the stretchy side to it I would like to see with the padding that a brief has instead of the square pad

Anyone else want to weigh in on this

I need something cloth-like-backed that protects, and comes off, like a diaper, but goes on like a pull-up. I only have one working hand, and I can't walk, so I boost them on while seated.

My issue with most pull on diapers is the padding does not go high enough in the front. They all seem to be made for women or men that can no longer get an erection.

DLScottsman said:
My issue with most pull on diapers is the padding does not go high enough in the front. They all seem to be made for women or men that can no longer get an erection.
I'll second this. I have yet to find a pull up diaper that can deal with sexually functional male anatomy. But I'd sure like to find one someday.

Well hopefully northshore will come through for us and develop the pull up that is more diapered based.. last time I spoke with Adam tthey was looking at some different options for there pull ups to make them better. I suggested that the make elastic tabs on their air briefs since he couldn't afford the machine to make goodnite style or huggies style pull ups just add the elastic and that would help too

Cottontail said:
The big problem here is how much adult pull-ups need to stretch. Just look at the S/M Always Discreet pull-ups that just came out. They cover waist sizes 28-40". That's one size, and it needs to stretch 12" -- or more, given women's curvy hips. Now consider that, between ages 2 and 12, a child's hip circumference grows about 10" on average, and yet there are five sizes of pull-ups for that age group (Pull-Ups 2T-3T, 3T-4T, 4T-5T, GoodNites S/M, L/XL).

The adult diaper market has basically been whittled down to "two sizes fit all." The flat, Huggies-style elastic just isn't stretchy enough for that. To use that stuff, I'm pretty sure they'd have to add a bunch more diaper sizes, and good luck with that!

But I do sympathize. I don't care much for pull-ups myself, but I'd like to see elastic wings on adult diapers. That's a change that seems a bit more doable given that tape positions aren't fixed.

Yeah, so far the only real solution I've seen to that issue is the Depends Adjustable Underwear. They are basically a hybrid of pullup and diaper. You basically pull them up, and then they have the tapes that can help you adjust them to the most ideal fit that you can get. It is a shame though that are pretty much useless for every other function that a diaper is supposed to serve.

DLScottsman said:

indeed i have checked out a Japanese Pull up that with padding goes high in the front.

What is the name of the Japanese pull up

Just letting you know there's actually a really great pull up brand that's realatively new they are called always discreet they have cute girly designs and they feel just like adult goodnights! http://wm6.walmart.com/AlwaysDiscreet.aspx

I would be interested in seeing them and perhaps trying them. I like the style that I got from Australia a few months ago as the bikini style plastic covers fit neatly over them. I'm not worried about an erection as it is more for psychological comfort I suppose.

I know for sure I would order it. There are many on here including myself who have been waiting for this for a good while

my local sam's club (walmart's warehouse brand in the united states) switched from offering regular-style cloth-backed briefs to "stretch-to-fit" briefs for a little while. i bought some out of curiosity and didn't like them at all, until suddenly i did! they stayed on, and they were extra quiet because they were under a little tension all the time from the pull of the side panels. and when i went back eventually (months later) for more, i couldn't find them any longer! they must not have been popular enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back