Growth In Diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.
... or so Kimberly Clark would like you to believe...

If the market is going to blow up Kimberly Clark's almost non stop "Improvements" that have trashed there product in favor of a Corporate mindset of Greed, Money and uniformity of all of there products will not be behind it, over the years they have taken there product from a quality leading brand down to a "Me too,also ran product", PBE is not called the Cadillac of insurance paid for or reimbursed protection because they are getting there lunch money stolen by Kimberly Clark, it's the other way around. K&C had there day as an innovator and market leader long ago and far away from the crap they sell today, just the fact that the entire market has been displaced from store shelves ought a tell you something,it's been years since you could go to a grocery store or Pharmacy and get a decent incontinence product in the diaper form,everything is pull ups quite honestly because the population is aging IC and some form of cognitive dysfunction be it dementia or something else is setting in and we have a whole bunch of people needing the protection a diaper affords but desperately unwilling to wear them, I participate in a lot of groups I'm a Carer who grew up to be Disabled and I can see things from both perspectives, and as an IC and a former carer I know pull ups do not meet most people's level of need and they don't make a carers life any easier, but the retail space can not afford to be caught with there pants down in a battle for the almighty dollar so they are going pull ups even though the carer market is saying these things are impossibly unusable and do not keep there clients dry during the day let alone in the nighttime ( most carers are reporting getting up to change patients 3 or more times a night ) , therefor the carer market is navigating itself toward Northshore and XP products to replace the pull ups and the depend brief. Those people with minor IC issues and care for themselves can survive with pull ups fairly effectively but they do not drive the market Institutional sales and the disabled do ( I know a ton of Hospital executives and purchasing people and I can not think of any institution on the coast that uses or dispenses a K&C product, they all use Attends or better and no one uses cloth backed, it's all Plastic because cloth are to ineffective and because they are ineffective they drive up nursing cost all 8t takes is a few spreadsheets with nursing costs spiking because of crap cheap diapers and they phase out the crap and in with something that works) as it is most institutions charge more to insurance for 1 diaper than half a bag costs because of the enormous space diapers take up to keep in inventory. Anyway yes adult diapers are taking off but don't for a moment think that K&C investment is going to pay big it's not, my money would be with PBE or better ( I personally in my carer communities send people to Northshore 40 times a week) because like I say I can see both sides of the bed rail as a former carer and a current patient. So adult diapers are trending up ( and not in a Facebook social media way ) and will continue to do so as we have more population getting old and IC than we have young vibrant folk.

I just went and read the article and that guy from K&C is smoking crack, there is nothing fun about wearing protection that causes you to piss yourself because it's lower than a pregnant snakes belly quality, the market is not growing upwards because of LBL, It's going ballistic because the population of the country right now is swung way far into aging and to few young people! So all you young people untape for awhile and get some action, do it for the Red,White & Blue ( and that does not mean Tranquility,Abena & Space diapers the Flag boss ,the Flag)

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Aston said:

Some of the figures sound like absolute nonsense:

As many as 1 in 3 adults—more than 80 percent of them women—have bladder control issues...

Well, 80% of a third is 4/15ths. So, of the whole population, 4/15ths are women with bladder control issues. Since half the population is male, that would mean 8/15ths of women have bladder control issues... That's the majority.

Are they really suggesting that most women are incontinent to some degree?! Are they implying that most women will need to buy incontinence products? It all seems very far-fetched.

Bladder control can issues can mean even a few drops of urine leakage occasionally. It's a wide net that covers everything except 100% dry all the time. Along these lines I noticed this kind of careful wording on the back of Goodnites boxes: "Did you know? Bedwetting is common. 1 in 6 4-to-12-year-olds wet the bed." Note how they include a much younger age group than the product is for (L/XL size), lump both genders even though boys wet far more. The idea is to cast the net wider than you realize it is, relying on you to assume it's a smaller net and so the wide catch was actually from a small area, so think that the issue is more common than it is. Basically I imagine that they look at the raw data and think of many different ways of presenting it, and choose the one that makes it seem most like they want it to seem. /rant

^^ Exactamondo! :)

^^^^ "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Well in truth Women are more likely to have bladder control issues mostly because they have a very short urethra and they give birth to all the babies, and childbirth can really tear stuff up, but then again if men were the ones responsible for childbirth humans would be extinct. We all have a woman to thank for our lives, I am not embarrassed by buying diapers for myself, tampons ,maxi pads or anything else, however if I was purchase challenged by those products, and new a women that needed any kind of protection I would gladly buy it Wether she wore diapers for need or "sport" as a DL, She deserves that honor, and although I know DL seem to be statistically more "male-centric" any woman that needs or wants to wear gets my support.

Tetra said:
Well in truth Women are more likely to have bladder control issues mostly because they have a very short urethra and they give birth to all the babies, and childbirth can really tear stuff up, but then again if men were the ones responsible for childbirth humans would be extinct. We all have a woman to thank for our lives, I am not embarrassed by buying diapers for myself, tampons ,maxi pads or anything else, however if I was purchase challenged by those products, and new a women that needed any kind of protection I would gladly buy it Wether she wore diapers for need or "sport" as a DL, She deserves that honor, and although I know DL seem to be statistically more "male-centric" any woman that needs or wants to wear gets my support.

Assuming the world would be extinct if men were up to the task of childbirth is a bit harsh and quite frankly extremely discriminatory as a guy if I were able to have my own kids I would it would have at least allowed me to cut out my psychobitch ex

Ýeah we all have a psycho bitch ex somewhere out there screwing up some other dudes life, everything these days comes with reams of warnings and women should come with a forehead indicator light to tell us who the "damaged goods" are and a total of the number of exs they have and a rating of the total amount of financial and mental hardship they have caused just so we know going in to the relationship what may happen,although I have met a few small seemingly sane Un psychos but without full disclosure they could have a trail of bodies behind them, never marry one until you have survived at least four years of living together without any attempts at Suicide because you can't take the sound of there voice anymore. Live long and Diaper, if only Spock had of been ABDL .

People are probably just having less kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back