drinking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
i used to hate alcohol, but now i drink every time i get the chance to do so. i'm sad and nonthing helps. Lexi needs cuddles but nobody wants to cuddle and love a transgender girl.. i'm sorry for making a bad post.. Lexi is sad and drunk. that rakija was a lot stronger than i thought it would be. i just need love and hugs and cuddles. nothing else matters..:( i feel so sad :(

First of all, it simply isn't true that "nobody wants to cuddle and love a transgender girl." I, for example, have just celebrated my 10th anniversary. Don't feel sorry for yourself: put yourself out there; you might find a lot exists in the world you don't know about.

Second, alcohol is not any kind of cure for depression. It is in itself a depressant. Stop trying to drink your troubles away and call a friend. :)

Or maybe read Rain. It will probably make you feel better.

The following is purely a personal perspective, and maybe it's not great advice, but I have to say I went through a phase of being scared of drinking.

I know alcohol can absolutely become a debilitating life destroying addiction. It's also the most successful generally available form of self medication for psychological problems throughout history.

When you have self esteem, anxiety or depression issues, it's easy to add drinking to the list of things that make you feel shitty about yourself, even as it's one of the few things that can dull the edge. Like diapers, pacifiers, being spanked or the dozen other examples that bring comfort (that we usually see here), I've come to realize that so long as it's not something that's out of control or causing other health issues, then it's not inherently the evil demon that we've come treat it as (at least in puritanical American society).

When drinking, don't drink cheap shit. Don't drink too much (keep count and maintain limits). Stay hydrated (one glass of water per drink). Recover electrolytes (drink a glass of coconut water before bed to avoid hangovers). Don't drink right before bed (you will screw up your sleep or develop insomnia which is a terrific way to spiral your drinking out of control) - if you're fleeing sleep stop drinking, if it's an hour before bed stop drinking.

That said, absolutely get professional help and get proper treatment for depression or anxiety.

Starrunner said:
I hope you can find your way to go back to hating alcohol. This is not a healthy way to live. Alcohol only provides a temporary relief in escaping the real problem, that you're feeling lonely, misunderstood and not accepted. The problem with alcohol is that you build a resistance to its effect and you need to more to escape. The result is feeling even more miserable with hangovers and a deepened sense of depression. I know because I lived through it.

Forget the alcohol and begin work on finding ways to accept yourself. Maybe you could find a trans support group in your community and get involved. The EU has a number of great non-profit groups that do advocacy and education about transgender issues. Perhaps this would be a good time time to get involved, not only in advancing the rights of trans people, but it's also a great way to get yourself busy and involved, and to meet new people with whom you will have things in common. Transgender Europe and ILGA Europe both do advocacy and education on trans rights and could probably use some volunteers. If you're really depressed, then talk to your doctor. They may be able to refer you to a local support group for transgenders.

Transgender Europe advocacy and education
http://tgeu.org/about/

ILGA Europe
http://www.ilga-europe.org/

Remember: you are not alone. A high percentage of the trans population suffers from depression at some point in their lives. You're still very young and have a lot of years ahead of you. My hope is that you will find some support and surround yourself with people who can help and care for you. Talk to a friend, parent, doctor or counsellor. Hugs, friend.

EU Helpline- 352 - 25 22 33 - 333
IPR Helpdesk- https://www.iprhelpdesk.eu/Helpline

This, I suggest you drink occasionally, not too often as drinking can turn into a addiction, not only do addictions destroy your liver and body, it also destroys your mental health and makes your problems a lot worse in the long run.

That and alcohol only provides temporary relief for any mental illnesses you're better with medication in the long run.

Also tons of people date transgender people so don't worry too much about that aspect, the time will come eventually.

Plus alcohol addictions do add up, It's expansive in most countries, and is heavily taxed.

It's all about moderation and control, I've seen what alcohol does to family members and personally I think that's a major reason as to why I can't drink certain types of alcohol without spewing my guts out. (one glass of wine, and my floor is covered in vomit :p)

thanks for the support, everyone.
i don't really know what else to say right now.. i'm not very good at responding to supportive words. i must have been really drunk to write something like this. usually i keep such thoughts to myself. tho i wonder how i managed to write all that without making any spelling mistakes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back