Abena M4 tapes rip off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Anyone have issues with Abena M4 tapes pulling off from the back of the diaper? Find that when I wear at night one of the lower tapes on one side will stay taped in front but pull off from the back. Really sucks for what these cost. Been thinking about buying the Confidry 24/7 diapers but hear mixed reviews. Have switched to Molicare supers for now and been happy but sometimes hard to find.

I have had some issues with the tapes coming off after taping them and re taping them mabe you have the wrong size diaper or over stretched the tapes other than that I don't know what else I can say that can compare to the tapes coming off the back

I'd say you must be pulling them too tight.

I've never had this issue with Abena but I do get the feeling that their quality has been going slowly downhill the past few years. I'm still disappointed that they got rid of the rear waistband, supposedly as a cost-saving measure, so it wouldn't surprise me if they made some new "improvement" to the tapes recently.

Only had this happen with last couple of bags I bought. Haven't had this issue in the past couple of years. Have not changed the way I put them on, and no major weight gain or loss so think the quality is declining.

TXDL said:
Only had this happen with last couple of bags I bought. Haven't had this issue in the past couple of years. Have not changed the way I put them on, and no major weight gain or loss so think the quality is declining.

Shrinkflation for sure.

I would definitely look at other brands, have you thought about trying high quality ABDL specific brands like ABU, MyDiaper and Rearz (not that I have personally tried Rearz)?

I have some Abena L4s and I've never had this happen before. Bought this bag in September I believe?
If you're sure you're not putting them on too tight, maybe you have a defective batch?

I might have seen this once or twice but it's definitely not a chronic problem for me. The biggest tape issues I recall with these are when the white 2nd tapes pop off the front - they don't seem to stick anywhere near as well as the blues.

I've had this happen to me a bit, if I'm understanding you right. What tended to happen to me was that I would end up pulling my knee up in the middle of the night and slowly that would put strain on the bottom tape until it ripped. My wife started taping my bottom tapes at an upward angle at night, seemed to do the trick.

I've had this happen with Abenas before. I think it happens on some production runs. The case I'm into now seem to allow me to tape them exceptionally tight without popping tapes, but a few cases ago I remember having some tapes popping off. I think it's just a QC issue. Try taping a bit looser though and you'll be fine.

INTrePid said:
I've never had this issue with Abena but I do get the feeling that their quality has been going slowly downhill the past few years. I'm still disappointed that they got rid of the rear waistband, supposedly as a cost-saving measure, so it wouldn't surprise me if they made some new "improvement" to the tapes recently.

The quality is atrocious compared to when they were the X Plus. It's a real shame.

I've never had this issue with my M4's. the only issue I have had with them would be I would wake up in the morning and the bottom tapes would occasionally have ripped the plastic of the diaper, so the fluff inside the diaper starts to come out. However, I have only had that happen a few times. No issues with daytime wearing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back