First bad incontinence episode since surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

miapeters

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
So hello everybody
Today was a pretty unsettling day as the titles suggests my incontinence acted up really badly and this was the first time I could do nothing to deal with it
I have to say both my bowels and bladder acted up really badly today but it was one of my least stressful times since I didn't and couldn't deal with any of it
But the changing and cleaning up was a challenge especially for my caregiver and I definitely didn't enjoy it but I have realized that while I have been depressed about my situation some of the negative effects of the incontinence have sort of gone which is the changing and the clean ups something I have been doing by myself

I guess this is a positive post and its sort of a relief in a way

Although I was just telling kerry about how having a caregiver is sort of a compromise because I no longer have much privacy which so many people take for granted
I mean I have alone time but this is more about being able to care for yourself and do basic things to allow you to function

Anyway I just wanted to get that out there hope everyone is doing well

miapeters said:
Although I was just telling kerry about how having a caregiver is sort of a compromise because I no longer have much privacy which so many people take for granted
I mean I have alone time but this is more about being able to care for yourself and do basic things to allow you to function

This is kind of what I was getting at, Mia. The loss of privacy must be very difficult to endure, but it is good to hear you discussing something more positive about your admittedly awful situation. And the realization that, even with the worst IC episodes, you are no longer responsible for cleaning them up is at least something. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back