I didnt relize how good we ABDLS have it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapor

Est. Contributor
So i was at CVS the other day and I saw the first "real" diaper i ever bought 4 years ago, the CVS day and night diapers. I thought why not, next time im out of town I will swing by a one and pick a pack up. I have only wore premiums for the last 3 years from everything ranging from Molicare super plus to ABU space. First thing I noticed as soon as i opened a pack, the thinness, lack of leak guards, no waistband, cloth backing, holds 1 wetting. This is exactly how I remember them and I laugh to think back then these were HUGE and so absorbent(Compared to goodnites). It makes me appreciate just how great we have it with premium brands and kinda saddens me that actual incontinent people think theses are the best you can get.

I completely and utterly agree! I saw somewhere that someone said we are practically living in the "golden age" of adult diapers and just the sheer selection of them that are available. Although they can be pretty pricey, I feel like you get your entire penny's worth for sure.

I recently had two awful experiences with the Walgreen's brand diapers last week. I leaked both at work AND at college. While I had the blessing of wearing all-black uniform to work, no one could see that the seat of my pants was soaked. At college, though? It was even worse. I ended up leaking through TWO of those diapers and ended up with my unbelievably drenched pants, and I even left a puddle in the chair I was sitting in.

The very fact I made it out of that classroom without anyone noticing or commenting was an absolute blessing. Though I did think about the poor unfortunately souls who had to use that classroom for the rest of the day... :sweatdrop:

Regardless though, those pharmacy brands are definitely a tremendous step down from what our premium diaper selection. It kind of is a bit disheartening as well, but the way I see it, I suppose it might be good for those who truly do need them. I bought a pack of 40 for less than $20, which was insane. That, and considering how I'd imagine incontinent people would probably prefer to change rather frequently, the diapers serve their purpose for a good one to three wettings.

Plus, they are pretty comfortable. I though the cloth was probably the softest I've ever worn! So...it's kind of a hit and miss with how I feel about those things. They definitely were not made to last, that's for sure! The price is good, and I guess the product is just as good for the sake of frequent changes and all that jazz.

Vapor said:
So i was at CVS the other day and I saw the first "real" diaper i ever bought 4 years ago, the CVS day and night diapers. I thought why not, next time im out of town I will swing by a one and pick a pack up. I have only wore premiums for the last 3 years from everything ranging from Molicare super plus to ABU space. First thing I noticed as soon as i opened a pack, the thinness, lack of leak guards, no waistband, cloth backing, holds 1 wetting. This is exactly how I remember them and I laugh to think back then these were HUGE and so absorbent(Compared to goodnites). It makes me appreciate just how great we have it with premium brands and kinda saddens me that actual incontinent people think theses are the best you can get.

I'd say its kind of a renisance, yes diapers are better but availabilty and pricing put better choices out of some people who need them's hands and the public facilities and places in charge of distributing products to people who need them often opped for less reliable products (like the prevail family)

Here in Australia the only in-store actual adult diaper I have ever seen is Depends with tabs, and even they are only available from select pharmacies, not supermarkets. The only thing regularly carried by brick and mortar stores are all pullups. I can buy Molicare pullups however locally and I gotta put in a good word for those - these things are the bomb! Take around 4 heavy wettings from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back