Advantages of Being a Female Little

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleAndrea

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I recognize that I am very lucky to be a female in the little world. This allows me to be much more open about the way that I feel without any real judgment. I take my teddy bear to work with me and no one bats an eye, I wear clothes that are pastel with flowers, stars or cartoon characters and I can't remember ever even getting a stare. There are some things of course I save for home like my trainer cups but even when I'm out I always use a straw or I will probably make a mess of myself.

My heart goes out to guys that feel little. They are forced to hide it because society is very unforgiving. I can't imagine a guy going out to the store in a dinosaur t-shirt and not getting funny looks or pulling out a stuffed dragon to have on their desk without their boss thinking that there must be something mentally wrong. I wish that there was a way to fight for further acceptance and maybe someday we will get there, but for now I must say I am very glad that there is a place like this that we can talk is a non-judgmental arena and get advice and support.

I guess I can ask this question, for the girls and guys out there is there anything that you are willing to do in public that let's your little side show through? (Aside from wearing)

Funny how it works that way. I am glad you have peace.

For me sometimes while driving i suck my thumb and ur right for us guys it would draw major attention. I have made settle comments that if i could bring my teddy and binki to work i would. Or if i dont keep geeting attacked i am going to buy a binki and suck on it at work. The one guy at work was basicly pucking on his friend from school bout him being afraid of the dark and i commented so (he had tried to get me in onit) and i said i sleep with a stuffed mickey (before i got yogi, my stuffed teddy i sleep with almost every night) and he started to laugh at me and all i said is i have real kids and he hasnt said anything since. But if everyone was non judgemental about it i would go all out and suck on my baba at lynch and change my diaper at work. I try not to mess but its getting harder, i use seni quatro diapers they hold 96 fluid ounces. And o yea they do hold alot. Sociaty is just so close minded its rediculass. I grew up being shunned for never wanting to be potty trained by everyone. So here is food for thought if everyone jumped off a bridge would u? (No comment required on that question) thats y we here ik we wouldnt jump off the bridge we here are all unique and that is ok and to me i try to instill that aspect i try to teach my kids that. And o yea i can foeget to mention i would even wear footed sleepers in publuc if i could

I tell people how much I love my footed jammies, call lots of things what a toddler would - blankie, sagetti, mis say yellow etc, only watch Disney movies, still watch cartoons, comment on all the posts about not adulting lol - love them, say I refuse to grow up and you cant make me, act silly lots of times - some people make a comment, most don't. I also work in the pet industry so its common to baby talk to all the animals ;)

Awesome and i do silly stuff all the time as well but gor me i am waist deep in the adult world (work side) i work in a shop where a gross sexual comment or even just a small gesture is very common

Even though I am a girl I think that because I am a giant it would be scarry for some people if I dressed and acted like a kid in public. There is also the fact I am trans and the stigma that goes with that. Most people just seem to see me as a really tall cis girl, but the last thing I want is to be labeled with the mentally-unstable-sexual-predator stereotype that transphobic people like to put on us.

At my last job, I had stuffed animals on my desk. A chameleon and a T-Rex.

My boss gave me a bit of a hard time for it not being "professional" but soon gave in. We had the CEO and executives visit our area one day, and he told me to put them away. I didn't. The CEO and a few of the executives liked them, they said it gave the area "color and life." The room walls, ceiling and floor are all the same off color white. The tech benches were brown and black, with white dry erase boards and some other items were all boring neutral colors.

My boss was right there when they said that, I stuck my tongue out at him. He face palmed and just shook his head, while the CEO laughed, as I did too. The CEO was pretty cool, laid back.

It felt good, but man did I get an earful after the visit. They sat there until the day I was laid off.

I would wear a T-shirt with dinosaur(s) on it, if I could find one that fits me. I've been looking for cartoony printed mens brief underwear recently to feel more little. I'd wear dinosaur underwear. Sadly, all I find are stupid superhero BS, which I can't stand.

For me it would be talking funny. Like talking regular and suddenly saying one word like a kid, or just way out of context. Everybody laughs but little do they know that its my little side clawing its way out, struggling to be free if in some small way.:beg:

Haha....I would love to wear my Baby Pants toddler dinosaur printed shirt out in public but I don't have that kind of courage or kamikazi spirit. I'm known by too many people in my town and they would think I had lost my mind. It's the problem of being a male.....sigh.

FluffyMastiff said:
I would wear a T-shirt with dinosaur(s) on it, if I could find one that fits me. I've been looking for cartoony printed mens brief underwear recently to feel more little. I'd wear dinosaur underwear. Sadly, all I find are stupid superhero BS, which I can't stand.

I've had this design as a hoodie for a quite a few years (although it looks like you can only get it on a t-shirt now), and I've loved it. I'm kinda sad that they don't seem to have the hoodie anymore, because the design was on the back, and the front had an adorable graphic of the brachiosaurus with little bandaids on his neck and a heart right above his head.

As a guy, I've found in life that I can get away with loving kids movies and being all around a "young at heart" person, but I wouldn't be able to really go any further (like wearing my Winnie the Pooh shortalls in public on a regular basis) without getting stares and stuff. I just recently shaved my arms so that I could look a little younger, but I'm not sure if I want to go out in short sleeves now.

dogboy said:
Haha....I would love to wear my Baby Pants toddler dinosaur printed shirt out in public but I don't have that kind of courage or kamikazi spirit. I'm known by too many people in my town and they would think I had lost my mind. It's the problem of being a male.....sigh.

Same! I love my little dinosaur onesie from Baby Pants, but I don't think that I could wear it on the outside (I do wear it underneath clothes when I wear in public) unless it was to a littles munch or other littles activities.

haha, that shirt is awesome!

I'll have to remember it, if I can get a job :D

thanks

I have been looking for more subtle ways to bring my little side with me wherever I go. Right now a lot of the stuff that I have in public are things like pretty pink hair bows and my smurfette necklace I also have cabbage patch barrettes. I don't want to be to in their face but being able to know that I have these things on lets me "adult" when I have to but still know that little me is still there. I also wear mostly pastel colors which to me are cute and I have a pair of jeans that I modified with a really pretty floral patch that I copied from a toddler pair I found on Walmart.com. They were really pretty and sweet and I was so excited when I found a patch that looked like it on E-bay. Those I would not think twice about wearing to work.

As a male I would be highly judged having a stuffed toy with me out in public or acting like a child, women get it easier because people will just think it's cute and harmless

I am not willing to do anything to show my little side in public mainly cause I lack the courage and confidence. But if I did I would bring/carry my plushies around because I love being around them and cuddling with them.

I have not really let my little side out in public. I think at my age it would be very difficult. Any time I have 'dressed' little in public it was undercover. I did buy a few onesies that look like like golf shirts. I did wear one out in public, I was dressed little but no one knew. Clothing for 'little girls' really is acceptable, for the men/boys....not so much...

I buy the cartoon tee's cookie monster stuff like that in men's department.
Thats as little as I dress in public.
Some times I wish I was a girl to get away with stuff.

The difference between the way men and women are treated in public or are "allowed to act" in the context of societal perception pretty much sucks. There's actually a major called Women and Gender Studies at my university. I've taken one of the classes because it counted for general credit, and it was pretty interesting. It hurts both ways. Women tend to be marginalized, as do minorities such as GLBT and intersex people. But on the other side there's this huge push for men to be the typical macho, manly man.

What I try to remember is that for the most part what other people think about you doesn't matter. There are a couple reasons. First, on average people tend to worry way more about what you think of them then what they think of you. Second, most people you meet you're never going to see again. Maybe you go out in public wearing a diaper and someone sees the top sticking out of your waistband. Even if they care, your always going to just be "that guy" to them. You probably wont ever know.

I think the key here is to be reasonable. Walking around in a onesy will draw attention, something like a plush on your desk less so. I used to religiously clean my apartment every time friends came over, not even my plush got left out. Now I make sure the diapers and obviously AB items are put away, but my computer and plush stay out. I've had one or two questions about the computer, and I've always just told them it was my linux machine. Nobody's ever asked more, or found out that there was probably an AB tab open in the browser. Nobody's ever asked about my plush at all. I stick him up on a shelf where he has a good view of everything, and everyone else probably assumes he's just a childhood toy now serving as decoration.

Well it depends on where you work, I get a way with wearing a Micky Mouse Polo shirt every week, no one bats an eye, but of course I am a software developer, I mean where else can you take a nerf gun to work shot a coworker and all they do is shot back?

This is a very interesting topic. I guess that in general there more leniency towards women about enjoying childish or "cute" things. The most relevant example that springs to mind are plush and T-shirt. It's seem much easier for a woman to have stuffed animals in her room or to wear a T-shirt with pastel or pink colors with video game or cartoon characters on it. In fact I have the impression that the mascots and character from video games and pop culture are an exception. And can easily be worn by men and women without judgment regarding the "childish" look ... I think about T-shirt with pokemon, mario or superheroes. There is a strong general demand about it...Nintendo even officially provided a clothing line with a more "mature" look called "Pokemon 151" as if people wanted to wear clothes with there beloved characters more often but did not dare :laugh: :

tumblr_lomamssjNq1qfrs8to10_400.jpg poke151_014a.gif tumblr_lomamssjNq1qfrs8to8_400.jpg28_pokemon2.jpgpokemon151.jpg

, I feel like the boundary between what is childish or adult is more blurred in some aspects of pop culture, but also more blurry depending on the individual gender.

I don't really wear T-shirt, I don't know why, I just don't like graphic T's. I do have a T-shirt that I am working on that is going to have pound puppies cross-stitched onto it but I don't think that one will leave the house. I have a few little girl patterns for clothing that I think could pass in public and examples of little girls clothes that I can modify adult clothes to be a little more little.
It really isn't fair that it's acceptable for women to wear cute things and carry plushies, as I've said before I have a small teddy bear that goes everywhere with me. I am however very happy to be a girl.

teddy 1.jpg teddy 2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back