• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

Greetings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bkworm

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Hello all: So here's my story.

17 years ago had a double hip joint replacement. I was very young, but the hips just gave out. The replacement surgery went well, but when the Foley was removed something was horribly wrong and I ended up with a stricture. That was opened up and after several months my bladder/UT returned to normal.

A few years later I developed a UTI. Being on vacation, not wanting to slowdown and not knowing what a UTI was I delayed in getting it treated (yes, that was stupid of me :wallbash:). I started losing control (OAB related) and ended up in diapers for the remainder of the trip! What an ego killer! But I was thankful that the UTI did clear up!

After regaining control I noticed I was suffering from stress incon. And while frustrating, it was handle-able. Then in 2009 I had to replace both hip joints again (broke one and the other one started to give me problems). In with the Foley again. When it came out, it was déjà vu except that instead of a stricture, I just didn't have much control.

After tests, probes, PT, drugs, etc. I finally settled for being mixed incon and needing diapers 24/7. I had a great urologist who didn't push for a "final solution" and suggested living life with diapers! Wife is completely understanding, supportive, works around my incon, and makes it easy to live life! Kudos to her!

Meanwhile, I'm always looking for the latest and greatest, newest product to manage the incon. And while I'm not an ab/dl'r the products made for those folks sure are great! Thanks to them, I've got some pretty good options.

Until things dry-up (not likely), "plastic underwear" is my normal!

That's pretty much about it!

Hello Bkworm and welcome to the group.

Very informative introduction.

Egor

- - - Updated - - -

Hello Bkworm and welcome to the group.

Very informative introduction.

Egor

Hi Bkworm and welcome to the site. You've written an excellent introduction. I'm sorry you've had all these medical problems. Since your screen name is, and I'm guessing, Bookworm, what kind of books do you enjoy reading? I like horror/scary types of books and stories. I also dabble in writing and have several short stories on this site.

dogboy said:
Hi Bkworm ... and I'm guessing, Bookworm, what kind of books do you enjoy reading? ...

Thanks for the welcome and you guessed correctly. I read all kinds of stuff. Mostly non-fiction, the classics, theology, etc. No real pattern. Just whatever comes up next!

Bkworm said:
Thanks for the welcome and you guessed correctly. I read all kinds of stuff. Mostly non-fiction, the classics, theology, etc. No real pattern. Just whatever comes up next!

Theology can get really deep. I'm a graduate of Westminster Choir College, Princeton and as future church music directors, we had to read some theology, Tillich, Barth, etc. They were tough. It was easier for me to understand Kierkegaard.

dogboy said:
... we had to read some theology, Tillich, Barth, etc. They were tough. It was easier for me to understand Kierkegaard.

LOL! I hear you. Of the "ancients", I've read Luther, Calvin, Augustine, Aquinas, even Origen!. Modernly: Sproul, MacArthur, Edwards, Knox, Moody, Mueller, Spurgeon and a horde of others ... Sadly, I spend too much time in books! Consider Ecc. 12:12 - "My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh"!

Bkworm said:
LOL! I hear you. Of the "ancients", I've read Luther, Calvin, Augustine, Aquinas, even Origen!. Modernly: Sproul, MacArthur, Edwards, Knox, Moody, Mueller, Spurgeon and a horde of others ... Sadly, I spend too much time in books! Consider Ecc. 12:12 - "My son, beware of anything beyond these. Of making many books there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh"!

Spurgeon, if I'm remembering correctly, was here in Lynchburg, Va. as the minister at First Presbyterian or maybe it was St. John's Episcopal Church. The church grew while he was there. He is a good theologian and makes a lot of sense to me, at least. I've lived in Lynchburg for the last 37 years. It was a great place to raise our family but it killed my professional career. Other than Thomas Rd., there was no place to grow. I still work as a part time music director at a Methodist church. It's a great church and I'm glad to be their music director, but we struggle to gain members.

Welcome to the group

Welcome to ADISC! I'm glad you have found the right products for your situation. I had a catheter once after a surgery because I needed to be drained. I'll tell you this, I'd rather undergo anything than to have one of those inserted again. First off, the nurse had a hard time getting it go in and had several attempts before she got someone else to do it. It wasn't just uncomfortable it was painful. At least the second nurse gave me some kind of local for it and it wasn't as bad. Anyway, I didn't get any UTI from it or loss of control but it hurt to pee for a couple weeks and had double streams. You wouldn't want to stand next to me at urinal. Anyway, I hope the forums are helpful.

embrace

Enjoy it and your new life we all support you!

Thank you all for the kind welcome ... I sure hope to be able to contribute and help others along. Blessings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back