How do I go back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redeemz

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
So over the last 16 months I made sure to always wear and wet in my nappies and I've got to the point wear I wet in my sleep, how do I go back to not wetting in my sleep I also don't want to wee my nappy little by little every 20 minutes anymore....

1. Don't wear diapers anymore.
2. Retrain your bladder to hold longer period of time.
3. Use the toilet for pee.
4. Repeat 1-3

You will have to re-potty train. You could also look online for tips to potty train kids and follow them as well. You may also want to look into getting some adult training pants, and maybe a bedwetting alarm too since you will likely have some difficulty in making the transition.

Thank you guys it is just hard, because I never wake up wetting anymore only rarely I wake when I'm in middle of wetting and it's not like how I pictured it I still want to wear wet but by choice

Redeemz said:
Thank you guys it is just hard, because I never wake up wetting anymore only rarely I wake when I'm in middle of wetting and it's not like how I pictured it I still want to wear wet but by choice

This is why if you go down the bedwetting route it should be classed as permanent

bed wetting alarm may be needed

Redeemz said:
So over the last 16 months I made sure to always wear and wet in my nappies and I've got to the point wear I wet in my sleep, how do I go back to not wetting in my sleep I also don't want to wee my nappy little by little every 20 minutes anymore....

Like anything we do as humans the more we do something the more we learn how to repeat it and get better at doing it. Think of an athlete who runs and runs everyday to get fitter and fitter so they can win a race. Or a chess player who constantly practices different moves, in different scenarios to become better player. What appears to have happened here is you have taught your body to wet your diapers easily and it is learning that you do not really need the signal telling you to go to the toilet. We are creatures of habit, as you explain you have spent 16 months freely wetting and creating a cycle of wear, wet, repeat. Your body is hardwired to let go of the bladder when you wear a diaper.

The answer, as others have said, is to retrain your bladder to become stronger and let the brain know you should visit the toilet. Currently it is in a zone of just letting go because you have trained it to act like that. It may a good idea to get in a new cycle of retraining the bladder to be stronger and act like it used to. There are exercises you can do to improve bladder performance and I have included a link to this post to help get you started. Also consider the amount of fluids you intake daily. Most folk who want to wet diapers will tend to drink lots and lots to fill the bladder, but during your new training regime try to hold back a little to give the bladder time to strengthen.

Try wearing diapers less often as well for the foreseeable future. You do not want to undo any training and strength you have aquired. Or if you still want to wear, make sure you do not wet the diaper and take it off to go toilet. Once you start to find a healthy balance again and you have complete control, you may be able to start wetting again. But make sure you still continue the exercises as to not get back into this situation.

http://patient.info/health/pelvic-floor-exercises

re potty train yourself

I see you've listed yourself as incontinent. Did you have an incontinence problem in the past. Were you a bed wetter into your teens? I ask because sometimes it reoccurs later in life, though at age 23, it shouldn't. If it persists and refraining from using diapers, etc., doesn't work, you may have to see a doctor about it.

Redeemz said:

I believe this is a case of “having your cake and eating it to” never understood the idea of wanting to involuntarily bedwet people seem to want to be in control of not being in control.

Redeemz said:

Damn :O thats less good if you didnt want it.

These observations always puzzle me. For most, night time continence is genetic, evolutionary and irreversible. Take the case of the 4 year old that still wets the bed, barring something medically wrong, doctors always give the same advice - they will grow out of it. It is part of the BIOS of your brain. So, when these things do happen to someone, it should be cause for concern. I guess, said another way, I simply don't believe you can get bed wetting back, once your built in system has taken it away from you.

ArchtopK said:
These observations always puzzle me. For most, night time continence is genetic, evolutionary and irreversible. Take the case of the 4 year old that still wets the bed, barring something medically wrong, doctors always give the same advice - they will grow out of it. It is part of the BIOS of your brain. So, when these things do happen to someone, it should be cause for concern. I guess, said another way, I simply don't believe you can get bed wetting back, once your built in system has taken it away from you.

This is not correct. Most people do not have any genetic or development problems, there is a full amount of training that goes into being able to hold it. This potty training can be undone, and redone over and over again. It's just a matter of training and time. There's nothing genetic about that.

Slomo said:
This is not correct. Most people do not have any genetic or development problems, there is a full amount of training that goes into being able to hold it. This potty training can be undone, and redone over and over again. It's just a matter of training and time. There's nothing genetic about that.

Bedwetting problems tend to run in families. Thus, it could be considered genetic for some.

ArchtopK said:

you couldn't be more wrong.

rennecfox said:
I believe this is a case of “having your cake and eating it to” never understood the idea of wanting to involuntarily bedwet people seem to want to be in control of not being in control.

This is a good point.

In my case I'd like to not wake up to pee so I get a full night's sleep, yet obviously I see that if I got that I'd be a bedwetter with all the hassle and inconvenience that would cause with travelling, with sex life, with leaks etc. Even better would be to be able to sleep a whole night without needing to pee.

There's also a fetish side of it which is wanting something that you wouldn't really want in reality.

I think Redeemz means he would like to sleep well in a diaper and wet during the night by choice - which would involve being awake to initiate it.

Maybe the answer to "having your cake and eating it" is to buy two cakes :) (Sorry)

Last edited:
I too have been wearing nappies to bed for quite a few months now, as I like comfort and stress relief they bring after a hard day's work, but just this week I've twice woken up with a wet nappy and have no recollection of peeing during the night. Usually I wake up needing the toilet and just go in my nappy and fall back to sleep.

Although this is a nice feeling and makes me feel little, I'm feeling the same and hoping this is one off and not the start of something more serious.

During the day I know when I need to go to the toilet no problem, but waking up wet twice in a row has got me thinking I might have to stop wearing at night as I don't want my brain thinking it's okay to pee the bed at night, which could be highly embarrassing if I have company or stay round a friends for the night.

I have been wearing 24/7 for over 11 years and have yet to experience this. I wake every night, rise to my knees, pee, and go back under the covers. I have told the story about how I can come in at nite, reset the alarm, get half way up the stairs and have to look back at the alarm key pad because I immediately cannot remember if I reset it or not. In other words, there are things we can do out of habit and simply forget we have done them. That may be what happens when we wake with a wet diaper and know memory of doing it. I would say, if it starts happening each day, then something has really changed internally. I am of a mind that it simply is not something the brain will permit. If you look at all the hypnosis out there designed to produce this effect. It is just as rare that you read of successes with them.

KimbaStarshine said:
Bedwetting problems tend to run in families. Thus, it could be considered genetic for some.

Absolutely, but bed wetting isn't more common than having normal continence. Archtopic had said that most people have continence problems that are genetic and irreversible. This is not true. For most, incontinence and bed wetting is neither.

Philosophical debates aside, my advice as a fellow acquired IC sufferer is:

Give retraining a shot, a real, good, honest, shot.

Realise that it may not work, and make your peace with that. I've known people who've successfully retrained, but, equally, I haven't been able to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back