How to be comfortable with wearing Diapers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokogirl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hello! I have been wearing Diapers for a month.Today for the first time I went outside wearing one.But I couldn't relax even for a second.My heart kept beating,I thought that my jeans look bulkier,anxieties that it will make noise,someone will find out.I couldn't even walk properly.It is needless to say that I couldn't wet it either.Although on my way home I could wet perfectly fine on the elevator(I was alone on the elevator). Any advice?

No advice, Adiba. But just know that there will come a time when absolutely knows what you're wearing under your clothes, or cares. And if they happened to be staring at your but and notice a bit of a bump, the absolute last thing on the list of reasons that bump might be there is diapers. It just will not occur to anyone . . . unless they wear them too.

Nothing anyone can say will alleviate your paranoia; only time can teach you that your fears are completely unfounded.

-RMS

Practice! It may seem awkward at first but nobody really cares what kind of underwear you have on. The more you wear the more normal diapers will feel. It's all nerves. Try normal walking in the safety of your home. Know exactly how much your diaper can handle (wet it to the max at home) then you will get to know when you have to change. Usually away from home there is always some background noise that will cover up the crinkle of the diaper. Avoid skin tight pants. Just try to relax and enjoy it!

I don't remember how long it took for me to become comfortable, but just know, it will come. Now, there are times when I totally forget that I am wearing.

Adiba said:
Hello! I have been wearing Diapers for a month.Today for the first time I went outside wearing one.But I couldn't relax even for a second.My heart kept beating,I thought that my jeans look bulkier,anxieties that it will make noise,someone will find out.I couldn't even walk properly.It is needless to say that I couldn't wet it either.Although on my way home I could wet perfectly fine on the elevator(I was alone on the elevator). Any advice?

That was how I felt the first time I went out in a diaper too... It just takes time, and eventually you get used to the fact that no-one will notice and you'll be fine. As long as you wear a looser pair of jeans than normal, and your waistband isn't going to be exposed by your shirt riding up, no-one is going to notice. It's only ABDLs that look at people and wonder if they might be diapered - no-one else will give it a second thought unless you're careless and show them some white plastic.

If you want to get comfortable wearing in public, put on a diaper, dress in some loose, comfy clothes, and head outside. Go on a short shopping trip. Head to the shop, get whatever it is you want, and return home with it. If you feel brave enough try wetting yourself in the elevator again as a reward ;-) Repeat this a few times, and you'll gain confidence.

I understand you're wearing a makeshift diaper. Diapers I've come across for daytime use (Depends and store brand, Tena, Seni) tend to be thin and quiet. Adult baby and nighttime diapers (my comment for Dry 24/7 is "king of crinkle butt") are thicker. If they make too much noise, you can wear underwear over them to mute them a bit, but there's not much to do about bulk aside from wearing looser clothing. If you're still using those, did you have to use so much absorbent materials that the bulk is sizable?

My first time out I was standing in a line and was constantly fretting if the guy behind me could see them. Then I realized that he probably thought I just had buttocks fat if he looked long enough. Even if he did figure it out, you'd have to have lots of guts or little social skills to admit you were staring at another guy's butt.

For noise, if you really want to know, audiorecord yourself walking with clothing and some light background noise and play it back (not through headphones!). Your body conducts sound, and your brain can even be filling in gaps (you know diapers crinkle, and you can feel them crinkle, so you "hear" them crinkle).

For the funny waddle, Seni actually has an instruction on their pack for that: fold the diaper into a 'v' longways to make a trough. When I push my legs together, I mostly either get a 'v' or a 'w' shape. The 'v' is better for keeping liquids from spilling over (at least while standing), plus it puts less material in a line between your legs.

The biggest advice. Most people [I run into] only notice things they care about, and they only care if they have reason to. If you are acting nervous, people will try to figure out why. Around people you know, they will notice differences in behavior. Don't look nervous, or like you're trying to hide something, or like you've really gotta pee... just look normal. People won't have reason to notice, so they won't.

I can only say that the advice you've received is dead on. No one is staring at your butt to look for a diaper. I've worn in public so many times now it's nothing new. Just try not to pay attention as everyone else is so far into their own la-la land to care about anything or anyone else.

When you go out in diapers just relax and don't worry about it there are millions of people in the US and Canada alone who wear 24/7 I am one of them and a like you when I first started to wear real medical grade taped diapers (Dry 24/7's) I was worried that some one would see I am wearing.

It didn't take long for me to get use to changing and wearing in public, after a while you won't even react to a wetting while standing and talking to some one. No one can tell you keep checking if you are leaking when wetting.

Find a diaper you can trust and relax no one is looking to see if you are wearing a diaper.

You have received some real good advice so far. President Franklin D Roosevelt said in one of his speeches "the only thing that you have to fear is FEAR IT'S SELF". I was in your shoes at one time also and someone reminded me of that quote.

I have to wear support for my legs, which look like they have been in WW II, terrible. and I had to wear Support Pantyhose. (still do) I was scarred to death to go outside while wearing shorts until I found a support group and their motto is "it is all in your head" and how true that is. Wear where you like, because no-one cares.

It's like the saying no mind no matter if you don't mind it does not matter, I know men who go about there every day life wearing women's lingere under their clothes, it's kinky sure and will be embarrassing at the emergency room if something should happen but no one but you will remember it happened six months later the same with wearing diapers for comfort or enjoyment, just do it and enjoy ,

Telling people you do it and them running there mouth about it around the water cooler will out you and embarrasse you but hey you only live once, will wearing it after your outed still be a thrill? Doing something "taboo" is only fun when doing it otherwise it becomes part and parcel of vanilla.

May as well enjoy the thrill while it lasts. Then get back to the job of figuring out the meaning of life. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back