Were you treated like a baby or toddler as a kid or teen?

Cottontail said:
Generally not. One of the few counterexamples I can think of is that, when I was 5, 6, maybe even 7 years old (?) and was eating ice cream or some similar treat from a bowl, I'd get out what I could and then hand the bowl to Mom or Dad to "please get the rest out." (I can remember using those exact words.) They'd take my bowl and spoon, scrape and scrape, and then spoon the last little bit into my mouth.
Well, that's adorable. Not necessarily intended as baby treatment per se, but a more age appropriate bit of help (scraping the last bits of goodness from the bowl) where, for the sake of convenience, it made sense to take the quick jaunt down memory lane and feed it to you.

I wonder if they felt any appreciation or bonding for the moment, or if it was more another parenting thing to them.

Reactions: nwm and longallsboy
feetintrouble said:
Not very often, because as a child I really valued any independence I had, and would defend it fiercely with "I'm a big boy, I can do it". Most adults treated me accordingly, and usually I'd be very upset if anyone talked down to me.

But this may have been the start of my fetish for being little. Occasionally I would be "thrilled" to be put in my place by an adult: I think I did it as a defiant gesture of appearing not to be bothered by a telling off or punishment. Once I was old enough to realise that a punishment or sanction would come to an end, I'd just ride it out, it was my way of winning over the adults. If a teacher said "shall I send you to the babies' class?", occasionally I'd call their bluff by replying "yes".
This is me as well. I was always trying to push past the age boundaries, and do things that bigger kids/adults were doing. The adults in my life were very supportive, while still being protective to make sure I wasn't going to get hurt.

In the same way, I wonder if this helped to kindle this desire in me. It's not like I was without boundaries or a caring support system, but part of my appreciation for the little life is having someone as the authority to set some boundaries and handle the stuff outside them. The openness and freedom of adult life is amazing in so many ways, but at times the vastness of it all can feel overwhelming. The authority setting boundaries works to create a bit of an enclosed space that can be explored, and tested.

I suppose I'm wandering off the subject, though. 😅 To op's question, I was never treated as a baby or toddler by anybody in my family, after I grew out of that stage of life. I'm not sure I'd have wanted to be either. Maybe little moments, like Cottontail's ice cream experience, but not like full baby treatment for anything.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo
It's kind of weird that I was treated a little older. I have been double IC since I was born. Obviously I was diapered since. I have 3 siblings (an older brother and sister and a younger sister) and our parents were always very fair with us. But I was IC and I was sometimes felt a different way then my other siblings.
I can't say I actually was treated like a toddler except I was diapered. My mother gave me a chance to take my own personal care when I was around 11 years old. It didn't always go my way as an early sub-teen. I got frustrated because of my health problems and my parents tried to give me a little freedom. But they did keep a close eye on me. Probably more then my other brother and sisters. But when I was diapered by my mom, there were things that didn't really change until I was 12 or 13.
I suppose as I became a young adult (like 14 or so), I never felt myself treated as a baby. I still feel some issues and it is emotionally exhausting. Who would?

I was sleeping over to a younger friend. Her mum was my mum best friends. So we hang out a lot. They lived in another town so when we were together we used to sleep over to eachother. I remember one morning we got woken up by her mum, and she asked her daugher if she wanted a bottle and warm milk. She was used to get it. i guess I was mine years old and she is four years younger than me. They asked me if I also wanted one. I said no. But I regretted soon after. We have played a lot we were babies/toddlers. I am not sure if I got the question to sleep with a diaper. I only remember pacifier and bottles.

Reactions: Lyric, PaddedMewtwo and Needdiscipline
For me it was nearly the opposite, except one of my friends moms. I was in high school and in front of my friend that I liked she literally told me to wear a bib. I probably could’ve been honest with her mom as I later found out my friend wore diapers for bedwetting and was still spanked. I probably could’ve got the parenting I needed right then and there, a completely different life would’ve opened up.
I was too shy to speak up.

Reactions: PaddedMewtwo and LIDiaperBoy
NorGirlBaby said:
I was sleeping over to a younger friend. Her mum was my mum best friends. So we hang out a lot. They lived in another town so when we were together we used to sleep over to eachother. I remember one morning we got woken up by her mum, and she asked her daugher if she wanted a bottle and warm milk. She was used to get it. i guess I was mine years old and she is four years younger than me. They asked me if I also wanted one. I said no. But I regretted soon after. We have played a lot we were babies/toddlers. I am not sure if I got the question to sleep with a diaper. I only remember pacifier and bottles.
It’s funny, it’s always that friends parent who offer what we need and then we were too shy to ask. As a result we try to spend our entire life getting that one moment back.

Reactions: LittleJ123 and PaddedMewtwo
Needdiscipline said:
For me it was nearly the opposite, except one of my friends moms. I was in high school and in front of my friend that I liked she literally told me to wear a bib. I probably could’ve been honest with her mom as I later found out my friend wore diapers for bedwetting and was still spanked. I probably could’ve got the parenting I needed right then and there, a completely different life would’ve opened up.
I was too shy to speak up.
Do you think you would have been treated like a baby if you had spoken up?

Last edited:
DiaperBoyDaniel said:
Do you think you would of been treated like a baby if you had spoken up?
If I was honest, 100%. Particularly if I had been honest about the bad grades I was getting my missing homework, and the fact my parents didn’t bother to look for me even when I disappeared for 6 weeks couch surfing at friends houses.

P.S. as a bed wetter I was sleeping like 2 hours at a time so I didn’t have accidents.

Last edited:
huh, I met up recently with an old friend and he told me that when we were 8 because of my small size and pacifier use that he would buy diapers and he would always be in a diaper when we hung out and would always use the diaper rather then using the toilet. I don't remember that but I do remember this friend was one of the few friends who treated me like a little kid or toddler even at school. my parents told me they joked about us being inseparable.

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu, PaddedMewtwo, nwm and 1 other person
Aside from being diapered, most of the time I was treated like anyone. I'm sure having attention made me "different."

Reactions: nwm and PaddedMewtwo
My irl mother sometimes holds me and rocks me while I have my pacifier and plushy. She is not comfortable outside some boundaries which I respect her on. However, in the recent years we have gotten really close even though we still have some disagreements. One of them being my alias "Lily." She is not comfortable with that name. Come to think of it though I should be satisfied with what she has been doing. I will surely cherish these moments till my old age.
Also...
To those of you who mentioned childhood trauma in this thread; my heart goes out to you. My prayers to Adoni for your sense of peace go out to you. May God love and comfort you the way my father thou art in heaven does. Amen.

• Love
It didn't seem to matter what age I was, even up into the double digits. I was always diapered or had my diaper changed the same way, lying on a changing pad. I was never shown how to, nor expected to diaper myself. I think part of that was because Mom was a pharmacist and one of my aunts was a nurse, so there was a lot of medical care knowledge in the family; it was just something practical and necessary so it was just done.

So my diapers were changed in exactly the same way that a toddler's would be. I can remember it like it was yesterday. Mom would undo my coveralls and pull them down, I'd step out of them, lie down and automatically lift up my legs. Etc. Etc. Standard diaper change process right up to her sliding the plastic pants up my legs. I can remember thinking I was pretty good at lying on my back and lifting my knees almost up to my ears for that part LOL. But would I say I was babied? I don't think so. It was more just a standard diaper change process.

I can definitely say there was a difference, when diapered or not, as to how I was perceived. After diapers at night, it was more warm and loving like taking care of a toddler. But it wasn't bad – I mean, we'd sit outside in the summer after the night diapers were on, or watch a TV show. Family life was good. I was never spoon fed or bottle fed because I had a diaper on. The only exception I can think of is one aunt that took care of me a lot, had a couple younger kids and she'd make us take naps every afternoon. I hated that because I felt I was too old for naps, even though I always fell asleep! Of course I had a diaper on so I didn't pee on her bed, but she also gave her kids bottles to go to sleep with and I can remember her offering me a bottle too.

We lived in a small farming community with lots of family close by and we used to have lots of get togethers. I was the oldest cousin, so at any family event, by default, I ended up playing with toddlers and their toys. We'd always have a table for the adults and a table for the kids when we ate and I was always at the kids table. I was kind of given the job of taking care of the toddlers, but then again, I was also having my diaper checked, taken aside for diaper changes, etc. So it was really easy to fall into the role of a toddler. I honestly didn't mind it – I was kind of in limbo between kid and adult and the adult conversations were above me and I felt out of place or put on the spot. With the kids, I felt more at home and I was the oldest so that gave me a feeling of authority.

I think there was a stigma in our community that a kid in diapers was a baby. Even though my family didn't treat me as one, when we were out visiting, for example, I'd hear people talk about me like I wasn't there. Things like, “I think Hunter needs his nappy changed!”, "He sure looks cute in his diapers!" or I'd overhear conversations about cloth VS disposables. Those kinds of comments did make me feel like a baby. Especially when I DID need my nappy changed! Or I'd be spoken to like a toddler sometimes when addressed directly, when I was in diapers.

There were only a couple other kids my age living nearby (our town had 60 people) and when the girls wanted to play “house” I'd always be the baby.

But to finally answer the question – no, I don't think I was deliberately treated like a toddler or baby. It was more just default responses to a kid in diapers.

• Love
Reactions: Rezzu, Lyric, longallsboy and 2 others
Your experiences growing up were so much like my own. Mom insisting on changing my diapers, even when I was 16-17 and wetting my bed. She was sure I'd hurt myself trying to pin my diapers on, or not do it correctly and I'd have leaks. The three kids playing in the evenings, all of us in diapers and rubber pants either outside in the summer or inside watching our favorite tv shows. Never any pressure to stop wetting my bed and wearing diapers. Frequent diaper checks even when we had guests over, usually extended family. Like you I was the oldest and only one my age still wearing diapers and rubber pants. All the others were younger and out of diapers including my younger sisters. But people were nice about it mostly. I do remember my aunt wondering why I still wore diapers when I was 15-16 and telling my mom she really should get me potty trained. When we stayed over with relatives I was so much older than the other kids and in the evenings we goof around and I was the only one still wearing diapers. One of the adults, my mom or aunts would check my diapers in front of the other kids. So even though I was the oldest kid there, I often felt like a toddler. My sisters sometimes would play house and I'd be the baby with my wet diapers and rubber pants.

Lyric said:
Your experiences growing up were so much like my own. Mom insisting on changing my diapers, even when I was 16-17 and wetting my bed. She was sure I'd hurt myself trying to pin my diapers on, or not do it correctly and I'd have leaks. The three kids playing in the evenings, all of us in diapers and rubber pants either outside in the summer or inside watching our favorite tv shows. Never any pressure to stop wetting my bed and wearing diapers. Frequent diaper checks even when we had guests over, usually extended family. Like you I was the oldest and only one my age still wearing diapers and rubber pants. All the others were younger and out of diapers including my younger sisters. But people were nice about it mostly. I do remember my aunt wondering why I still wore diapers when I was 15-16 and telling my mom she really should get me potty trained. When we stayed over with relatives I was so much older than the other kids and in the evenings we goof around and I was the only one still wearing diapers. One of the adults, my mom or aunts would check my diapers in front of the other kids. So even though I was the oldest kid there, I often felt like a toddler. My sisters sometimes would play house and I'd be the baby with my wet diapers and rubber pants.
Wait. I’m confused. You said you were a bedwetter, but did you have trouble going peepee during the day too?

curiousiguess said:
Wait. I’m confused. You said you were a bedwetter, but did you have trouble going peepee during the day too?
No, I was potty trained during the day when I was in the first grade, but had to wear diapers at night until I was 17 because of bedwetting. But I often had to be diapered an hour or so before my bedtime. And when we visited our relatives who live an hour or so away, I was diapered in the evening before we left for home because my parents were afraid I would fall asleep in the car and wet myself, which did happen fairly often during longer drives so I always diapered before we left.

Reactions: Wetshisbed, cprdr, Blekyss and 2 others
Lyric said:
No, I was potty trained during the day when I was in the first grade, but had to wear diapers at night until I was 17 because of bedwetting. But I often had to be diapered an hour or so before my bedtime. And when we visited our relatives who live an hour or so away, I was diapered in the evening before we left for home because my parents were afraid I would fall asleep in the car and wet myself, which did happen fairly often during longer drives so I always diapered before we left.
I know that it would be awful, but did you ever decide to poop your diaper as a kid, just to know how it feels?

• Wow
Reactions: Lyric and nwm
Widgeydog354 said:
The day after the expirence I had in this thread Post in thread 'Sleepover in diapers - experience story' https://www.adisc.org/forum/threads/sleepover-in-diapers-experience-story.132473/post-2007809. Being offered a bottle of warm milk by my freinds mum after we got back from Legoland I was very nervous in the car and thinking I have to stay in the living room again after waht happened the night before. But itwas nice she offered cuddles across her lap I think she missed doing it as Chris still had had a bottle for comfort but was potty trained day and night. Butat 13 but he'd sit on the sofa and watch Television drinking milk from a bottle. Yes I admit idid accept being cuddled while drinking the bottle. Even though I had a good day the feeling of sleeping in what I belived now was a definitely haunted house filled me with dread. As Mr Moore ordered pizza Mrs Moore had me laying across. Her lap almost half asleep with a bottle in my mouth. my friends sister Vicki came in and saw her mum on the sofa with me across her lap and like any normal 16 year old went uhhh he's not a baby mum.
Her mum replied I think he's doing a good impression of one and he was nervous in the car coming home. I think our ghost spooked him last night and hes sleeping down here again tonight.
Shit she said then She looked at her brother and went big baby as he had the bottle in his mouth watching tv. Chris just flipped her off to a verbal Scolding from his mum and she just walked out. I just layed there drinking warm milk in very comfortable a half dream like state.
Man I hope you're altering people's names
...if there are tales that other folk involved wouldn't like being told you need to respect that
...trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-
WE
PP (and me)

curiousiguess said:
I know that it would be awful, but did you ever decide to poop your diaper as a kid, just to know how it feels?
I did mess in my diapers a couple of times to see what it was like. My mom wasn't too happy about that, as you can imagine. Later when I was older and no longer lived with my parents I would diaper up when I could and pooped pretty often because it felt so great and turned my on a bit.

Reactions: Rezzu and PaddedMewtwo
I had it happen to me twice.

The first time I was around 7 I had been caught in diapers a few times And my parents didnt know what to do. I was lucky my younger brother was still in diapers so there was plenty of diapers in the house.
My mom was changing my brother getting him ready for bed on the living room floor in front of the tv. I was sitting near her playing with my toy car, but I kept peeking in the nursery bag looking at the diapers. I didnt think my mum noticed. Once she finished with my brother next I felt her grab me lye me down and started pulling my pjs bottom off. Before I new it I was in a diaper. Then my mom put a pacifier in my mouth. She took my pj bottoms away and left me there in front of my dad and older brother saying if you want to steel diapers and be a baby then you will be treated like a baby. The next morning I was made to be a big boy, my dad gave me a big talk about stop taking diaper and that I was not a baby. Lol, he got that one wrong as I lye here writting this in bed in my wet diaper, onesie, paci in, and plushie bunny.

The second time I was 9 I think, I was at a family sleep over at my grandparents place. There were only enough beds for each person. But my younger brother would not sleep in the crib as he had been out of his crib and in a single bed for a while.
My mom new I was still sneaking diapers and beding a baby in my bedroom, my younger brother still wore at night.
So she said for me to sleep in the crib, I was a bit short at that age so I would just fit. I said ok proberly way to fast and to excited. That night my mom said do you want a diaper since you are going to sleep in the crib? I must have said yes because I remember lying in the crib, in a diaper with my grandmother and mom looking in on me while I drifted off to sleep. I was so happy.
I got to spend two nights that way much to my fathers disappointment. When we went home nothing was said about it.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: fredy552, LittleBoyCuddles, RothwellBC and 6 others
Back