Abena M4s Suck

Frungie said:
I bought my first bag of Abena M4's about 2 weeks ago and I like them a lot. They are what I call a "Goldilocks" diaper; i.e., they are are suitable for night time wetting (if a heavy night wetter you may need an insert as a qualification) and day time wetting with discretion. I am considered an essential worker during COVID 19 but have been working remotely from home for the last three weeks. I decided to go into my office 2 days this past week to do work and see some colleagues. I have many different diapers but on one of the days I wore the Abena M4's. Here is my review: 1) I wet throughout the course of about 10 hours (includes travel time) without any leaks, not even a press out leak; 2) The wet diaper of course expanded some, but remained discreet under my pants; 3) the plastic is soft and supple, very little and certainly not at all noticeable crinkle; 4) I kind of like the blue line design on the diaper to break up the monotony of an all white medical style diaper; 5) no waist band or landing zones but this does not bother me. Landing zones add a considerable amount of crinkle. I am able to diaper myself securely and correctly the first time and don't need to adjust (lots of practice!) and I like to roll the diaper over just slightly at the waist for a more discreet profile and it adds to my comfort; 6) They have inner leg guards that channel wetness and contain messes nicely although I did not mess at the office, but I have at home without any embarrassing leaks or fecal escape; 7) Speaking of comfort, I think they are very comfortable; 8) once I got home and changed, the diaper did not clump and the wetness was dispersed throughout the entire front and back of the diaper. There was no separation of the the absorbent material after 10 full hours of wetting. This even absorption rate helps to avoid a large and often noticeable diaper bulge (see item 2). In summary, I like them a lot and will use them regularly now for discrete day time wear and wetting when at work our just out in public. I actually consider myself a diaper connoisseur with years of experience wearing cloth and plastic pants, all-in-one diapers, cloth backed disposable, plastic back disposable, abdl prints, and medical style diapers such as the Abena M4. My advise for anyone considering the M4's is to simply try one package of 14 and decide for yourself. As is often the situation, we have different diaper experiences, and for me the M4 was a successful, pleasurable, experience; as said before, a "Goldilocks" diaper in my opinion. I am always trying different diapers for day time discretion. I have a few favorites and have now added Abena M4's to my list of day time diapers. Some of these favorites are, but not limited to: For abdl prints during the day I like Bare Bums, Aww So Cute, and My Diaper; for medical style day time wetting I like: Northshore Lite in all the colors, Molicare Slip Maxi (pleasant blue and design for a medical style diaper), Wellness (pleasant blue), Total Dry Overnight Protection (even though advertised as overnight they are very discreet for day time wear), and now I have added Abena M4's. These are all plastic backed diapers which I prefer. Cloth backed diapers sag when wet and you need a onesie, panties or plastic pants over them to prevent the sag. When wet they literally fall off my hips and butt. Stay safe, maintain social distancing (especially if messy), "we're all in this together" both with COVID 19 and in our unique affiliation for diapers.
My experience with Abena Abri-Form M4’s have been much like yours. It definitely seems like there’s a great deal of variation in their manufacturing process from plant to plant, or within these plants. But that seems unlikely in a mass produced item such as disposable diapers with a long time manufacturer that has their process refined. Could it be that Abena license their product out to other companies? The more likely source of this variance is in the perception of the users and/or the differences in the conditions that they expose their diapers to from their activities to bodily fit.

Reactions: jellyjigger and RedPandaDL
They are quite absorbent but I do have to get the packing tape out because I always pull at least one tape off.

As many have already said “beauty is in the eye of the beholder”. I love my better ABDL diapers, particularly those with hook and loop, but then when I go back and put on my M4s they somehow feel more babyish. The plastic, the way they wick and the fact that they don’t leak for me are what I like. Yes they clump at times when I wet enough, but the clumping does not affect their absorbency or leaking for me. And I’m not modeling them so how the clumping looks is a non- issue for me since they otherwise work for me.
We all have our own likes and dislikes but they are personal opinions, which may not match the likes and dislikes of others.

Reactions: TigerDL and RedPandaDL
good to know was actually thinking of getting a pack of Abena M4

Pantyman said:
They are quite absorbent

They used to be. They aren't anymore. Abena is a sell out company that used to make a good product. Their greed ruined a good diaper.

I just picked up a pack of M4's at the thrift store for $2.99. I'll get my money's worth of enjoyment wetting them!

Reactions: TigerDL
ChooChoo69 said:
I just picked up a pack of M4's at the thrift store for $2.99. I'll get my money's worth of enjoyment wetting them!
I do wonder whether the M4/L4s made for the American market are different to those sold under the Drylife XPlus label in the UK, as the UK ones are nice and thick.

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
PCS said:
I do wonder whether the M4/L4s made for the American market are different to those sold under the Drylife XPlus label in the UK, as the UK ones are nice and thick.

They're really not when compared to any of the better medical diapers or ABDL diapers available here. They were thick a long time ago.

Reactions: mayhem
Pantyman said:
They are quite absorbent but I do have to get the packing tape out because I always pull at least one tape off.
Same here

I stopped considering the Abena products as being viable many years ago. The first problems I experienced, was how the tapes were degraded with the white part of the double tapes pulling some of the plastic along with it, while temporarily removing the product. That was 10 years ago. Quality slowly declined from there, because Abena was putting all its money into their products with the cloth-like backing. Now, they're just another cheap incontinence product, not much different from Depends.

Reactions: mayhem and blob
I just finished my 1st package of M4s. When I ordered them (from parentgiving.com), they also sent me a sample pack of 2 Dry Direct hook and loop diapers at no charge. It took me 4 or 5 diapers to figure out how to get the M4s on so they fit the first time. Those first attempts that required me to adjust the tape resulted in me always having to use packing tape. I used the Dry Directs before I used the Abenas and had to make 5 or 6 adjustments each time. I never had to use tape as the hook and loop fasteners worked great. From this supplier, the Dry Direct diapers (their private brand) cost $1.47 when ordered in a pack of 15 vs. $1.43 they charge for a 15 pack of the M4s. For a case of 60 Dry Direct diapers, the cost is $1.33 each while the cost per diaper for a case of 42 M4s is $1.19 each. If you normally use the M4 diaper, you might consider ordering them from parentgiving.com. When I did, a window popped up asking if I wanted a free sample of 2 of Dry Direct diapers. Free is always a good price. Should I reorder these type of diapers (I normally wear pull ups), I will be ordering the Dry Direct because the hook and loop is far superior to the tape in my estimation.

Reactions: RedPandaDL
I have come to the conclusion based on use between northshore lite and m4. They are the same made in the same plant. With the northshore getting the next higher model higher quality cover tapes and packaging.

I decided recently to try M4's to use for a night diaper. I mainly use Megamax for the day, but I wouldn't even come close to filling one at night.
I wanted something cheaper and still plastic backed. I also liked the look of the stripey pattern and the wetness indicator. So far I've really liked them. They're really soft and comfortable and work well. No leaks. I have noticed that they're a little smaller than Megamax, and are a little more work to tape on. Megamax are easier to put on standing up, while these are much easier to put on laying down. They also don't look quite as neat/finished as Megamax when taped on no matter what I've tried so far.

So far I think they've been pretty good. I have definitely tried MUCH worse diapers in the past.

Reactions: TigerDL and RedPandaDL
Back