Should I go back to wearing diapers?

LIDiaperBoy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hello,

I am a 22 year old ABDL who used to wear diapers at night for psychological reasons which helped me cope with stress and some childhood trauma. 9 months ago I quit thinking I would move on from wearing diapers completely and never look back.
Recently over the past few weeks I have been getting urges to start wearing them again. It has been really difficult to resist the urges the past few weeks but I can’t seem to rationalize going back to something that I let go of many months ago. I could go back to wearing diapers in cycles like quit for 2-3 years then again for a few months then repeat.

How do I stop myself from having urges or should I just go back to wearing them?

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BunnyFofo, Jorelaxed, Tori94 and 1 other person
Everyone goes through cycles of wanting to wear and then purging. I say do whatever makes you happy. It may seem like
a terrible addiction but it does not hurt anyone and it is better than turning to something like drugs or alcohol. Be yourself.... even if that means being ABDL.

Reactions: freedom69, Jorelaxed, RoseofThorns and 10 others
Do whatever. Just dont force yourself. It's not like everyone here wears or will judge you for not wearing.

Reactions: Jenlyn, Jorelaxed, RoseofThorns and 4 others
BabyZinga said:
Everyone goes through cycles of wanting to wear and then purging. I say do whatever makes you happy. It may seem like
a terrible addiction but it does not hurt anyone and it is better than turning to something like drugs or alcohol. Be yourself.... even if that means being ABDL.

I’ll definitely consider it. I have never been one to turn to doing drugs or drinking alcohol like a lot of people my age do to cope with stress. I might do it in cycles like quit for 2-3 years then do it again for a few months then repeat.

Reactions: Jorelaxed, BobbiSueEllen, BabyZinga and 1 other person
My urges come and go but usually in a one or two week cycle. As others have said, do what makes you comfortable. If you do feel like you want to wear a diaper, it's really no big deal and once the urge leaves, you can always box up your unused diapers until the urge hits again so you don't waist money.

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, SweetheartPanda, rainbowrudy and 2 others
santizzo said:
9 months ago I quit thinking I would move on from wearing diapers completely and never look back.
Recently over the past few weeks I have been getting urges to start wearing them again. It has been really difficult to resist the urges.
I hate to tell you this; but, you did not quit wearing diapers. Before you think I'm crazy, let me draw an analogy. In 1977 I quit smoking and broke a 14 year habit. I had a constant urge to smoke and about 9 months later I started smoking again. That's when I realized I had never really quit smoking. I had simply taken a temporary break from it. That is what you have done with your diaper wearing. How long that break is, and how much longer it will last, is up to you. (BTW, I did quit smoking again in 1999 and haven't smoked since. But, I also have never had the urge since then.) Anyway, the point is if you truly don't want to wear again, then don't. But, if you constantly have the urge to wear, then satisfy that urge. Repressing the urge does nothing more than prove you can not do that which you want to do. What's the point of that? Do you really want to be having constant thoughts of what you want to do when you could easily do it and let your mind move on to more productive thoughts?

Reactions: LePew, BobbiSueEllen and pampers4U
After getting out of the house and living alone I have the freedom to do it whenever so I find that sometimes I will wear for a while and then give it a break. Having breaks in anything you do is healthy. *Except breathing...keep doing that*

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and DwarvenDL
Binge/Purge cycles are common. It is how you treat them. I thought I would out grow wanting to wear diapers many times in life, yet here I am still wanting to wear them.

I've written about it a few times on my blog because the roller coaster of emotion can be very taxing!

https://aberrantlyme.home.blog/?s=binge

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
It's up to you if you want to go back and wear diapers

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Santizzo,

You are not alone. As others have stated this desire is likely to express itself from time to time throughout your life. The auction will be what you do about it.

I'm in my fifties and have had these desires since I was quite young but I have also had long durations where the desire was minimal and/or completely non-existent. I believe that the change in desire is natural.

The way you handle the changes can be healthy or unhealthy. I encourage you to avoid drastic (extreme) changes at any one time. The extreme changes (massive binge or complete purge) aren't good for you based on my personal experiences. It is much better to take it slowly.

I am currently in an abstinence phase but as recently as yesterday I was ready to start wearing again. When the desire came, I decided to wait until the morning to see if I still felt that way. (A few months ago I simply stopped wearing and put everything away in a plastic container that wasn't readily accessible.)

I don't know how long this phase of the cycle will last this time because in the past I have gone years without indulging but I am improving in the way that I handle the change in desire. Many times in the past I took extreme measures by purging everything and telling myself (and my wife) that I was done. That extreme action caused a more extreme reaction later on with increased bingeing. The magnitude of the cycle grew out of control and these desires were hurting my life.

Over the past few years, I've been able to bring it under control by delays, choosing to do slight changes (In either direction) and distracting the mind so that the diaper desires are not center stage all of the time.

In summary, my advice is to take it slowly by not focusing on the desire. If you decide to indulge a little do is sparingly. If you decide not to then you'll have an easier time next time something in your life triggers the desires again.

-Ieyasu

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and LIDiaperBoy
Can anyone else help me?

DiaperBoyDaniel said:
Can anyone else help me?
Sure, Guy. What do you need help with?

Please read the beginning of the post so I don’t have to explain.

Don’t let wearing diapers keep you from interacting with other people. When I finally got my apartment eons ago it was my chance to stay dressed as a woman while I was at home. It was like a drug that kept me out of the loop.

Reactions: Freddie07601 and LIDiaperBoy
Still feeling the same way since back in Jan? Its not going away, son. You are going to have to balance your life the best you can. Enjoy yourself but also try to mingle with polite society and make friends. You dont want to end up alone and awkward at 50. Just dont lead with this topic when you meet people. When you have people who love you they wont care if you dont push boundaries.

Reactions: Freddie07601, BobbiSueEllen and LIDiaperBoy
Saltedcaramel64 said:
Still feeling the same way since back in Jan? Its not going away, son. You are going to have to balance your life the best you can. Enjoy yourself but also try to mingle with polite society and make friends. You dont want to end up alone and awkward at 50. Just dont lead with this topic when you meet people. When you have people who love you they wont care if you dont push boundaries.
Yeah , I’m still having urges since I posted this back in January

try to avoid giving into the urges, odds are you are in a binge and purge cycle the next binge could hurt you

Aby said:
try to avoid giving into the urges, odds are you are in a binge and purge cycle the next binge could hurt you
It’s been over a year since I last wore diapers.
June 2020 was the last time I wore.

yeah I went two years, came back and was happy for a few months, but It also made me more alone, I have a super friend I text with but that is it for my social life really, bad news has me contemplating some serous stuff. Is this all there is?

Reactions: LIDiaperBoy
BabyZinga said:
Everyone goes through cycles of wanting to wear and then purging.

I disagree; while there may be some longer stretches where I don't feel like wearing, I've never done a purge because I wanted to give up diapers. I've only done a purge once in the 13+ years I've been able to be back into diapers, and that's because I was in a rough spot financially and had to move back in with my mother, and couldn't take my stash with me. Never have I ever thought of just binning everything, or wishing that I didn't have this hobby.

Back