Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgeG

George
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hi, i have an oab, with urge Incontinence. Cycling home from work I have leaked twice in the last two days. This is because of the pressure from the bike saddle, combined with not changing the pad before leaving for home ( lazyness). First washable threaded armour, then disposable tena pant inside outer. Does anyone have experience with cycling and wearing a nappy ?

Also, to make this a more relevant post for this adisc forum.... leaking makes me really upset. I love the feeling that the outside is dry and clean whilst knowing that I am wet. That disgusting part is kept clean and away from the outside. the nappies sanitise me. And maybe my self judgements of my slightly kinky sexuality, are kept in check by the nappy ..... Thus when it leaks I feel instantly upset and also anger.
Wet shorts are also really uncomfortable!!! Does anyone else feel like this ?

Reactions: Pino and Angelapinks
I myself have ridden with diapers/nappies on, and it depends on what kind of biking your talking about and what type of bicycle you have.

What kind of problems are you having? What kind of bike is it? And how far of a distance is the ride? I could probably answer your question better if you answered these, as it's quite different on different terrains, bikes, distances, and such

peepthekiwi said:
I myself have ridden with diapers/nappies on, and it depends on what kind of biking your talking about and what type of bicycle you have.

What kind of problems are you having? What kind of bike is it? And how far of a distance is the ride? I could probably answer your question better if you answered these, as it's quite different on different terrains, bikes, distances, and such
Just home through a city, 40 minutes. I'm using a female hybrid ( comfortable, upright riding position). I am a man ! I suppose if the wee could spread out a bit towards the back of the nappy, or stay at the front...

Reactions: KrankyPants
Rowan said:
Just home through a city, 40 minutes. I'm using a female hybrid ( comfortable, upright riding position). I am a man ! I suppose if the wee could spread out a bit towards the back of the nappy, or stay at the front...
Oh, but that is relevant, because when I use my wife's bike ( also a female hybrid) I have not noticed this happening. I am filling the pads more at the moment. But maybe it is the bike seat. I shall experiment....

Rowan said:
So since you're using a hybrid (assuming it's a mountain/road hybrid), I'd recommend wearing something not too thick, but something with some padding.

I would think a store brand nappy/diaper would fit that role, as it should add some padding for your behind, but will also not be too thick. You don't want your down there square to get too hot on such a long bike ride.

I personally have more experience riding padded with some easy to moderately hard mountain biking, and the padding can be nice on your butt. However, it can get irritating on your thighs, and can get quite hot.

TL;DR: wear a thin-ish cloth backed diaper, that should work well

Reactions: GeorgeG
DanielW said:
I ride a bit in the city, though not as much during cold/bad weather. I also wear threaded armor, but I don't usually have anything else inside it. How badly are you leaking through to your shorts - a lot? Maybe the Tena inside is bunching up from the pressure of your bike saddle? Have you tried anything like a TENA MEN Super Guard - Level 3 in front instead? it would give absorbency up front and not add much bulk between your legs and be less likely to shift while you are riding.

Making sure you are dry before you start will help to if you can.

Try not to be so hard on yourself. I still get really angry and upset too (especially if I've leaked t work or in bed) and Its still really hard for me not to start channeling all of those angry lectures from my parents. I swear I can be harder on myself now, even though I know its not my fault, than my parents ever were. Its a hard habit to break.
Yes, I use tena level 2 often. That is a good idea. I will just slip one inside before the journey... That fits with not wanting to change. Good idea. Thank you.

Reactions: Angelapinks
peepthekiwi said:
So since you're using a hybrid (assuming it's a mountain/road hybrid), I'd recommend wearing something not too thick, but something with some padding.

I would think a store brand nappy/diaper would fit that role, as it should add some padding for your behind, but will also not be too thick. You don't want your down there square to get too hot on such a long bike ride.

I personally have more experience riding padded with some easy to moderately hard mountain biking, and the padding can be nice on your butt. However, it can get irritating on your thighs, and can get quite hot.

Thank you. Great

DanielW said:
I ride a bit in the city, though not as much during cold/bad weather. I also wear threaded armor, but I don't usually have anything else inside it. How badly are you leaking through to your shorts - a lot? Maybe the Tena inside is bunching up from the pressure of your bike saddle? Have you tried anything like a TENA MEN Super Guard - Level 3 in front instead? it would give absorbency up front and not add much bulk between your legs and be less likely to shift while you are riding.

Making sure you are dry before you start will help to if you can.

Try not to be so hard on yourself. I still get really angry and upset too (especially if I've leaked t work or in bed) and Its still really hard for me not to start channeling all of those angry lectures from my parents. I swear I can be harder on myself now, even though I know its not my fault, than my parents ever were. Its a hard habit to break.
Not much. Just two wet patches at the rear leg guards. Enough to be uncomfortable, and noticeable if I was wearing anything but dark colours. I don't think the tena's are bunching up. Maybe. So, you use threaded armour! .. wow.. do you recommend any other washables?

peepthekiwi said:

I get given tena pants, or pads. And I have purchased a few different washables... Forever experimenting. I'm in the UK. Slightly spoilt by our hallowed NHS ( get the tena s free). So I want to make them work. . But that would be like a store bought diaper? . Or do you mean a tape up kind?

I don't really have a suggestion on what type of diaper/nappy I'd say would work best, as I've only used tab style briefs. Pull ups would probably work as well, as they are less bulky, but still have a decent amount of paddling.

Though as someone else in the thread mentioned, it could also be the seat. Now I have no idea about the seat you use, so that's a total blank for me.

Another thing that I probably said before is that you want some padding, but not too much. a store brand pull up, or even depends if the seat is soft enough, would probably work. Some other things to consider are amount of movement you need to do, your agility, your riding speed, and many other things.

You might want to do some extra homework on this if you would like the best diaper for cycling. I hope this makes any sense at all, and that it helps you

Are u peeing during the ride? Can u void before

peepthekiwi said:
I don't really have a suggestion on what type of diaper/nappy I'd say would work best, as I've only used tab style briefs. Pull ups would probably work as well, as they are less bulky, but still have a decent amount of paddling.

Though as someone else in the thread mentioned, it could also be the seat. Now I have no idea about the seat you use, so that's a total blank for me.

Another thing that I probably said before is that you want some padding, but not too much. a store brand pull up, or even depends if the seat is soft enough, would probably work. Some other things to consider are amount of movement you need to do, your agility, your riding speed, and many other things.

You might want to do some extra homework on this if you would like the best diaper for cycling. I hope this makes any sense at all, and that it helps you
It makes great sense. I m just happy to receive replies. I have never really spoken to other DL or abs before.

Rowan said:
It makes great sense. I m just happy to receive replies. I have never really spoken to other DL or abs before.
Thank you

Diapercutie said:
Are u peeing during the ride? Can u void before
Sometimes during. But today I need to change before I left. That was the problem.

Well you're in luck! I have some more experience with cheaper, lower end diapers because im not really into adult baby stuff (more of a padded cg in that situation, If I did do that stuff), and I was more cheap with diapers, until I got some extra money to but some good ones in the future.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

peepthekiwi said:
Well you're in luck! I have some more experience with cheaper, lower end diapers because im not really into adult baby stuff (more of a padded cg in that situation, If I did do that stuff), and I was more cheap with diapers, until I got some extra money to but some good ones in the future.

If you have any more questions, I'd be happy to answer them!
Thank you. What is a cg?

One thing that could help keep things in check is trying different saddles if possible. Ones that reduce prostate pressure could help a lot.

KrankyPants said:
One thing that could help keep things in check is trying different saddles if possible. Ones that reduce prostate pressure could help a lot.
Yes, thanks. That is a fine idea.

Reactions: KrankyPants
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back