Who Wears Plastic Pants?

HockeyGuy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For those who wear plastic pants over disposables, what benefit do they provide? Do they help with leaks, or provide some other function?

Reactions: gadam, Andrewgdfw, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
I used to dabble in them. It was kind of a meh experience tbh. I found that it took away from the feel and overall sensation of the disposable. The only ones I kept were the ones my wife wore for me on occasion. I don’t think she enjoyed it so I likely will get rid of the last few.
As far as leak protection goes, they don’t absorb anything so it’s really pretty minor in terms of benefits.

Reactions: Lonerwithfeelings, Softypink and BobbiSueEllen
I also wear Gary Wear over cloth training pants and Goodnites

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, Traveller and Deleted member 57387
JoeRelax said:
they are just amazing how well they contain the leaks
Does the leak get absorbed at all? I tend to leak only when wearing cloth backed disposables. Does the outer layer of the cloth disposables absorbs it or does the plastic pant absorb it?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
HockeyGuy said:
For those who wear plastic pants over disposables, what benefit do they provide? Do they help with leaks, or provide some other function?
They really do help with leaks if it is a heavy night and during the day when I wear a pull up style in case of accidents before I make it home, I always wear a rubber pant as it protects more I think and doesn't seem to heat up as much as plastic pants do. I remember being in the checkout line and all of a sudden I could feel myself let go. I was just hoping not to leak before I got out of the store as I was wearing plastic pants and not ones with tight fitting legs either. I made it through the line and just got to the car when I could feel the drops coming down my leg. I quickly put a plastic shopping bag on the seat and drove home hoping not to be seen by neighbours as I got out of the car.

• Wow
Reactions: gadam, Softypink, BobbiSueEllen and 3 others
Angelapinks said:
I always wear a rubber pant as it protects more
Are rubber pants more tight fitting around the legs? What makes them protect better?

Reactions: gadam, Softypink, Deleted member 57387 and 3 others
I wear plastic pants over my disposable more for the feeling and look but they will contain a leak for a short while but not forever.

Reactions: BabyGwendolyn, Softypink, Deleted member 57387 and 6 others
I always wear a pair over diapers. I always loved the smooth shiny surface of the vinyl and the rustle sound of them.....I was always put in them as a child even though I wore plastic diapers not the big cloth ones from the olden days. It seems many from the cloth diaper era wore plastic or rubber pants as waterproof covers

• Love
Reactions: Softypink, Deleted member 57387, Zeke and 3 others
I’m from the cloth diaper and always wore plastic pants over my cloth diaper throughout my childhood and teens for my bed wetting. For years after I longed to wear cloth diapers and rubber again and when I was at last in a position to do so, I returned to wearing my cloth prefolds and plastic pants, wet in them whenever I need to, and seldom have leaks because of my plastic pants. ‘I just don’t think of myself as properly diapered unless I look like I did when a child,

• Love
Reactions: gadam, Straycatz, BabyGwendolyn and 6 others
I wear plastic pants over my disposable during night and when going out of the house during the day for three reasons: 1. It holds the diaper in place (e.g. the heavy night time diaper in the morning), 2. It prevents odor, 3. If the plastic pants fit well and tight on the leg, they will prevent from leaking (up to a certain point)

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, Lyric, Zeke and 3 others
HockeyGuy said:
I always wear plastic pants over my nappies at night and on long journeys as extra protection.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, Zeke, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
I mean, they help to some degree with leaks, not necessarily a dry clothes guarantee, but definitely a reduction. But you do have to be careful since there will be liquid sloshing around. :ROFLMAO: I like wearing it for that and it's babyish, especially when I use nursery print plastic pants. When I use the heavy duty 7 mil version with enclosed elastics, it just makes me feel super juvenile.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 57387, Lyric, Zeke and 2 others
I don't wear plastic pants all the time, but I do like them. A few times they have saved me from embarrassing public leaks.

Reactions: Softypink, Deleted member 57387 and Traveller
I see a bunch of plastic pants available but what are some good rubber ones?

Reactions: Softypink and BobbiSueEllen
I often wear boxer briefs (for extra absorption) and then plastic pants over disposable nappies - usually a Tena Active Fit Ultima or Maxi or an Abena M4. This combination ensures a dry bed, even with multiple overnight and early morning wetting.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, Seasonedcitizen, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
HockeyGuy said:
Are rubber pants more tight fitting around the legs? What makes them protect better?
I buy the real rubber pants from Kins/ Babykins in Canada and I find that the leg holes are just tight enough to make a seal but not enough to leave permanent red marks on my thighs. I find that I don't sweat quite so much in them as I do in plastic or PUL pants if I am wearing them outside on a hot day, I don't really understand why but I do have A/C in the house and car and don't spend much time outdoors on hot days or any sunny days due to sun damage multiplied by all the Meds I take for Arthritis. I have been on them for about 20 years and they come with a warning to limit sun exposure so I do.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, Zeke, BobbiSueEllen and 1 other person
What Angelapinks said, Babykins Canada for rubber.
I'm in the UK and bought 3 pairs at huge shipping and tax expense, but well worth it.
I'm 24/7 by choice, and old school in cloth kite fold and boosters with plastic pants overnight, and then I'm changed into cloth backed Lil Supreme-fit Maxi with a single booster and either the rubbers mentioned above if a hot day, or very light PVC or PU (silent) plastic pants if average or cold. I change/get changed every 4 hrs normally.
I work outdoors and I don't always have a chance to change my nappy when I need to, so rubbers or plastics are a good way to feel and be safe about going a little to long in a nappy! I can remember at least 5 times they saved me🤣
Plastic/rubber pants are as important to me as the nappy, that's the way I was raised, and the feel/look/smell/sound of them is immensely satisfying.

Reactions: Deleted member 57387, Lyric, Zeke and 2 others
I have a GaryWear PUL cover I will use if I need to sleep somewhere besides my own bed. I normally wear a pair of briefs (upsized 1x above my regular size) over my night time diaper (Betterdry) for both support and protection. It helps keep the plastic from rolling up my legs or down my tummy, and keeps a bit of pressure on the tabs to prevent peeling. I've found wearing just the cover over plastic backed disposables pointless, as any real leak will easily find it's way out with nothing to absorb it. I don't wear a cover in my own bed, as I find them irritating even with a generous amount of powder. I've had maybe two or three night time issues in the last two years, only one of which caused a small leak onto my bedsheet and was easily contained by the waterproof mattress protector.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 57387, Traveller and BobbiSueEllen
Back