Has anyone brought diapers on a cruise?

deebo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

With the number of us old folks that go on cruises I would think that diapers would be ubiquitous. It makes me wonder how much of a problem diaper disposal causes the operators of these ships. I would imagine throwing your used diaper out the porthole is frowned upon!😝

• Haha
Reactions: TigerDL, littledub1955, Peesalot and 3 others
Yes, 5 cruises. Its not a big deal. An extra bag (I use a big duffel bag so I can fold it up in a bag when I go home) holds enough for 7 to 10 days. You can also ship a box to the hotel if you come in the day before. Cruise lines don't have an issue with a box as part of your luggage. The cabin steward put a "special" trash can in the bathroom. Tip generously.

deebo said:
I went on a cruise for a week back in 2019. Brought a duffle bag full of medical supplies. I didn’t have any issues with security it was kind of like airplane security where your stuff goes through a scanner. As far as the cruise part I just carried extras in a crossbody bag thing when I went on excursions. When I would throw them away I double bagged them and put them in a trash can in the room that I requested for since the one that was already there was too small. The cleaning staff were nice I always left a tip :)

Reactions: WillFord384
Two crusts here, like others have said, no issues. I brought small diaper disposal bags that uses ones fit into. Tied them up and drop them in the trash. No point in trying to hide them. The Steward cleans daily, so even the normal trash was fine for me.

DanielW said:
This is exactly why portholes no longer open and outward facing stateroom balconies are to far from the edge to hit the water...unless you have a really good arm :)
Eh? Maybe on some ships, but on the two cruises I've been on, I'd have had no problem dropping things into the water off my balcony (not that I would).

Never been but I think you will find that most large hospitality places understand it is life for some of us and are grown up enough not to make you feel ashamed. I bet most will go out of their way to help you, I know once 15 years ago I had a few to many drinks and my diaper did not hold and I soaked a hotel bed. To bad it was my first night of a 5 day business trip. I told the staff at the front desk what happened and apologized. he assured me they would clean the mattress and it would be dry and clean with fresh sheets and told me not to even worry about it. I was never treated any different. They want you to come back and as someone else pointed out cruise lines are full of old people. that and they are also a fully staffed small city with a hospital like setting on board. They account for all things one might experience in a city including IC people.

Yes, on both of my cruise, once in 2009 on Explorer of the Seas by Royal Carribean, and once again in 2013 on the Holland American Ms Maasdam, the maid probably noticed them since next night there was a mattress protector on both of the beds (they were just Goodnites and plain standard adult diapers, nothing fancy that she could spot other than that), I shared a cabin on both of the cruises with a friend that knew about my ABDL kinks but wasn't an ABDL himself, he was more than happy to let me have some privacy when I wanted some fun time.

I have brought diapers on a Disney Cruise. There were no issues. I discussed it with the cruise line when booking and there was no issue getting a second trashcan. I am going on a longer cruise in Oct (hopefully) and I do not forsee any issues then either. Note I do wear for medical reasons so I have a legitimate reason to have them.

DanielW said:
I've gone on one cruise. Diapers aren't a problem. Multiple cases of diapers can be stored in the cargo area and supplies can be brought up as needed (discretely). Disposal isn't a problem either. I was given heavy opaque disposal bags and they were collected daily (or as needed.). Personally, I would tip your cabin steward as they are the ones doing the delivery and disposal, It wasn't handled by housekeeping staff.

Staterooms are tiny and its nice not having to store a case or cases in the room itself.

Some lines also offer laundry service, but I don't know that I would trust it for the laundering of cloth diapers however.

Cruising isn't really my thing, and I don't know that I'd do it again, but diapers didn't make it any more difficult.
I've never been on a cruise but if I ever did I believe that the laundry personal would be more than happy to wash, dry and fold my diapers for me because I would tip them very well.

Seems like there are a few people out there who may be amazed and amused about having a little around, even if they don't participate.

DanielW said:
I enjoyed a fairly long stay at a luxury hotel once, and our suite had a butler along with housekeeping services. Anyway, when I checked in my bags were unpacked, clothing folded and placed in drawers, work shirts and suits pressed and on hangers, shoes polished and bagged etc. My laptop and charger on the desk, my shaving kit and toiletries in the bath room. Diapers on a shelf and an extra bin provided for disposal. I didn't know if it was nice or creepy at first. I got used to the fresh flowers, and chilled water on the table when I woke up in the morning though. :)
I have stayed some nice places. Some of them places even leave chocolate on the pillow. But I never had a butler. That would be nice.

DLScottsman said:
I have brought diapers on a Disney Cruise. There were no issues. I discussed it with the cruise line when booking and there was no issue getting a second trashcan. I am going on a longer cruise in Oct (hopefully) and I do not forsee any issues then either. Note I do wear for medical reasons so I have a legitimate reason to have them.
By any chance would it be a transatlantic? I have one booked in October, it would be funny if we were onboard together.

Scott729 said:
By any chance would it be a transatlantic? I have one booked in October, it would be funny if we were onboard together.
Nope it is a Mexico Disney Cruise.

Reactions: Scott729
Back