I have a question on this

SparkleBunny said:
To keep it more PG: Crossdreaming is where a person imagines themselves as a different sex. The people who have these are called crossdreamers (this is a more inclusive term). This is how some people might discover they're into crossdressing and/or are trans, but some are only crossdreamers.

Unfortunately not. But it is a common fantasy some people have.
Ok, thanks. I was looking it up on the web as it’s not a term I was familiar with. I wasn’t sure if it was literally about dreaming about crossdressing while sleeping, a recurring dream I already experience, as I suspect many people do. It would appear I have been crossdreaming for as long as I can remember though without having a name for it!

Wow I'm pretty mind blown right now. Crossdreaming is something I've been doing occasionally my entire life. Had no idea there was a word for it until now. 🤯

I do have a confession to say. Sometimes when I see a very cute/pretty girl in a picture (or even an anime girl fanart lol) I like to imagine myself in their shoes and feel all cutesy/bubbly. 🥰 Yeah I know its very strange. 😅

ShyBoo81 said:
Wow I'm pretty mind blown right now. Crossdreaming is something I've been doing occasionally my entire life. Had no idea there was a word for it until now. 🤯

I do have a confession to say. Sometimes when I see a very cute/pretty girl in a picture (or even an anime girl fanart lol) I like to imagine myself in their shoes and feel all cutesy/bubbly. 🥰 Yeah I know its very strange. 😅
I don’t think it’s strange. It’s pretty much a daily occurrence for me😂

Reactions: ShyBoo81
chiaochai said:
"transvestite" is an out of date term, i would say "transgender" instead. but yeah as others have said, as long as youre doing something you enjoy doing who cares? theres not always a need to put so much thought into it
Transvestite doesn't mean the same thing as transgender. Transvestite is a term used to describe a person who feels aroused by wearing the opposite gender's clothes. But most just say crossdresser and might not be as specific as to whether or not they feel arousal when wearing.

Reactions: ChibiDolly
SparkleBunny said:
Transvestite doesn't mean the same thing as transgender. Transvestite is a term used to describe a person who feels aroused by wearing the opposite gender's clothes. But most just say crossdresser and might not be as specific as to whether or not they feel arousal when wearing.
it is still an outdated term i would avoid using

Transvestite is a term used to describe a person who feels aroused by wearing the opposite gender's clothes.

In the DSM, you're absolutely right. Historically, though, it's been a term for men who cross dress. Before terms like transgender, transsexual, non-binary, and genderqueer gained widespread notice, transvestite was the term for gender-non-conforming-male generally. As we've created terms to distinguish all the different reasons people express their gender differently, and as the psychological community has come to better understand gender-non-conforming behavior, it's definition has been narrowed.

For my part, I hesitate to adopt this narrower definition because 1) it's primarily a clinical term under the DSM's definition and 2) I don't think it's a meaningful distinction in social settings--I eroticized my cross-dressing for decades before I came out, I wasn't essentially hard wired that way, I was afraid...and people sometimes eroticize what they're afraid of. I think it's telling that the therapy for transvestism is typically oriented around self-acceptance of cross-dressing...not with the aim of eliminating arousal, but simply to alleviate any distress a person might feel about their desires and behaviors and navigate how it affects their relationships.

Reactions: chiaochai
Transgender is too broad a brush for simple crossdressing. As stated, there are some who dress in women's clothes that do not identify/desire to actually be female.

t
willnotwill said:
Transgender is too broad a brush for simple crossdressing. As stated, there are some who dress in women's clothes that do not identify/desire to actually be female.
then say crossdressing? or just keep saying transvestite cause everyones got their heels in anyway, its no skin off my back

ShyBoo81 said:
I never knew of this or heard of it nor experienced this type of dream ever. BUT.....I have never had a dream where I had pooed myself in my dream and then woke up to notice it actually happened. I have had the pee dream about 2 dozen times in my life and about 1/2 the time I wake up to either going a bit in my training pants or on the verge and go to the bathroom. My first one poo dream about a 2 weeks ago though fortunately had me wake up but no urge or actual occurrence in my trainers. The dream itself was not so startling as was the fact I have never had this type of dream before. Maybe cross dressing will happen as a one timer now and blow my mind........

Im straight but love being a sissy baby diaper lover

JOCKMAN said:
I never knew of this or heard of it nor experienced this type of dream ever. BUT.....I have never had a dream where I had pooed myself in my dream and then woke up to notice it actually happened. I have had the pee dream about 2 dozen times in my life and about 1/2 the time I wake up to either going a bit in my training pants or on the verge and go to the bathroom. My first one poo dream about a 2 weeks ago though fortunately had me wake up but no urge or actual occurrence in my trainers. The dream itself was not so startling as was the fact I have never had this type of dream before. Maybe cross dressing will happen as a one timer now and blow my mind........
It is an amazing feeling to have these dreams. I have been lucky enough to dream about being pregnant which was awesome and also to dream about having had gender reassignment surgery and being utterly overjoyed. It’s only happened a small number of times though. Dreaming about being diapered is a relatively common occurrence though by comparison

• Wow
Reactions: JOCKMAN
ShyBoo81 said:

As Mal said, it's not strange/weird at all. It's a pretty common fantasy people have whether they know it or not. I was one for a short time in my life. My crossdreaming self was a crossdresser, so you can figure out how I came to wearing guy clothes and different clothes in general. But I feel like it has changed me a bit more than just gender expression and I'm fine with that.

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen and ShyBoo81
SparkleBunny said:
As Mal said, it's not strange/weird at all. It's a pretty common fantasy people have whether they know it or not. I was one for a short time in my life. My crossdreaming self was a crossdresser, so you can figure out how I came to wearing guy clothes and different clothes in general. But I feel like it has changed me a bit more than just gender expression and I'm fine with that.
Thank you for telling me this! It’s relieving to hear this coming from a girl. Not all girls might agree, but I feel a bit more at ease know that some girls are ok with guys who crossdream/crossdress. 😌

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
My wife only grumbled that I had more dresses and nicer stuff than she did. Of course, she felt free to borrow some stuff (she wore my cheerleader uniform and panties to a dance once).

Reactions: Seasonedcitizen
wetnsquishy said:
The majority of men that engage in cross dressing are straight. Actually transvestism and cross dressing are the same thing it just means that you get some sexual pleasure from wearing female clothing. I think transvestite is just an old term. My interest in cross dressing started in middle school when I was 11. I snuck into the movie theater with my brother and friends to see the The Rocky Horror Picture Show and was fascinated by Tim Currys character and wanted to dress like that.

Shortly after seeing the movie I didn’t have any clean pants one day so I borrowed my sisters Jordache jeans and a pair of her panties and wore them to school. They were stylish, comfortable, tight and super sexy. At that age I had no clue why there were different clothing for boys and girls, they all served the same function except girls clothes were prettier and more comfortable. That led me to wearing panties and other items I borrowed from my sisters. No big deal really. If my sisters were missing clothes there was a good chance they were in my closet, haha. Women’s/girls clothes ( at least in the past) were simply more fun to wear. Years down the road my ex wife thought I was a freak and wanted to be gay but she also didn’t take the time to understand that it was just a sexual desire.

Fast forward to today and I absolutely love 1950’s vintage style undergarments, lingerie and dresses. Maybe they remind me of the show Leave it to Beaver, Betty Boop and the Varga girls. Nowadays when I do a thorough house cleaning every week I dress up in my vintage undergarments and a pretty vintage style dress and clean the house. I love how it makes me feel and look and my house gets super clean. Haha

Just be you and do the things that maybe “YOU” happy. It’s just a preference and sexual desire.
I'm a huge fan of The Rocky Horror Picture Show! That's where my attraction to crossdressing men came from! I hope it helps people to know that some women like crossdressers. 🥰

Ghg789987 said:
I've always liked to cross dress, not sure why, just turns me on. But I'm a straight dude. I believe that being straight and cross dressing can co exist, it's just another weird lil fetish. What do yall think? Others like me out here? I'm not a transvestite or anything, and I don't plan to be, nothing wrong with that though.
I just wanted to second what a few others have said in this thread: "transvestite" is an old term for "crossdresser." The term you are looking for is "transgender." Also, your sexuality is not defined by how you dress, or your physical appearance. ♡

• Love
Reactions: Seasonedcitizen, Mal8, ShyBoo81 and 1 other person
ChibiDolly said:
I'm a huge fan of The Rocky Horror Picture Show! That's where my attraction to crossdressing men came from! I hope it helps people to know that some women like crossdressers. 🥰
Not a crossdresser myself, but thank you for saying this. As a straight guy this is very reassuring to hear! 😌

Reactions: ChibiDolly
Don't be afraid to dress up in any fashion. You'd be doing yourself a huge disservice if you didn't explore your interests. No amount of CD play will change your sexuality.

Mal8 said:
I don’t think it’s strange. It’s pretty much a daily occurrence for me😂
mal8 and shy boo: I am with you both completely from the age of 12. The labels are difficult and in the final analysis not very important. I am hetero, love to wear womens’ clothing (or baby girl), often imagine myself as a pretty girl particularly if I come upon an image of one (however I am far from looking like that myself … sigh), enjoy the strength of my (male) body and being well toned …. Simply polymorphic.

Last edited:
Ghg789987 said:
I've always liked to cross dress, not sure why, just turns me on. But I'm a straight dude. I believe that being straight and cross dressing can co exist, it's just another weird lil fetish. What do yall think? Others like me out here? I'm not a transvestite or anything, and I don't plan to be, nothing wrong with that though.
I'm confused...what has cross dressing got to do with your sexualitiy?

What you wear doesn't alter how you feel about a particular gender...or no gender!

Back