Newbaby110521

A sweet diapered baby boy
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
Are there any long term ill effects to wearing diapers 24/7. I’m not planning to wear 24/7 yet but wearing them constantly for the past three days has made me realise I want to heavily increase my wearing and usage of them.

• Love
Reactions: GoodnitesXL21 and chrischrischris
Long term? I can imagine that wearing diapers 24/7 for years will make some habbits/effects, however, not a few days/weeks.

Perhaps a bad nappy rash that will leave a scar ;P

Reactions: Traveller and chrischrischris
I can relate. Trying 24/7 for a few days made me never want to go back. 💕

Since I opted to come out to my wife I had to stop a couple of weeks in, but the biggest risk I can think of is training yourself to use the diaper without thinking about it. Might be an issue of you're not wearing, but no idea how long it would take to reach that point. Much longer than a couple of weeks.

Other risks would include the ongoing cost and a level of complacency that might get you caught.

Reactions: Traveller
just make sure you're applying barrier protection like powder or cream. preferably powder, as that doesn't mess with the tapes. If you do get a rash, aloe vera is your friend. We have plants here I can just cut off and use for myself if I need them, But its rare. Don't worry about becoming incontinate, because you'll need a long time in diapers 247 to lose control, and thats only if you're aiming towards it. Have fun, be safe, and enjoy your freedom.

Long term = your skin down there starts to smell unless you take baking soda baths once/twice a week
Long long term = Incontinence (after many years)

Reactions: MetalDan86, lonnie and Traveller
Doing 24/7 over the winter for the past 3-4 years has taught me how to cope if diapers are a necessity. I’m careful to clean myself and use either powder or oil and always change when the diaper gets full. A good diaper will whisk away the urine from your skin until it reaches a saturation point. Then you can be prone to a rash.

Whenever I wear too much, I have realized that I get a little too “used” to diapers while sleeping. On more than one occasion after a longer period of wearing (week+) I have found myself to wet while sleeping or half asleep.

Since then, I try to limit wearing at night and especially several nights in a row.

Reactions: AComputerGuy and blaincorrous
i was really coming in here for some epic tale of OP wearing while on a sailboat or something so they could do some international date line shenanigans and get a 25 hour day.

all seriousness though ive never done 24/7 but since quarantine ive worn for weeks at a time in the daytime and while i have no data to back it up it feels like accidental wetting is easier/more frequent and days that i dont wear cause i need to do adulting.

while i never wet enough that my pants get wet there have been several times of larger wet patches on the boxers but i was already pre-disposed to dribbling and such so it might not be applicable and could be subjective.
even if i think its a larger volume/more frequent i could be deluding myself.

either way its why i haven't gotten the courage to go 24/7 a minor decline in control doesnt bother me and while the fantasy of lost control can be nice, in reality i worry if there is a steep drop off at some point and ive heard re-training as a adult is hard.

Reactions: Shingo
Yeah, you can get a little too free with leaking. That usually comes with being nice and hydrated, then leaving the valve open long term. I do like a nice constant dribble, but you don't want to do that long term.

Being capable of staying dry at night should be a priority. If I wet unconsciously one night, I tend to take the next night off to make sure my normal function returns. It's possible to unlearn nighttime retention, and if you let it go on for long enough, it might be more trouble than you want to relearn when you need it.

And, if you want to go 24/7, this is something you do for you. There are no rules and there's no one going to call you out for cheating at the game. Do what makes you comfortable. People make themselves depressed all the time by committing to something they think they have to do. (Which correlates with maintaining your healthy function so you have that choice.)

Finally, if you have any sort of medical condition related to urinary retention, wearing diapers COULD cause the situation to get worse. Talk to and listen to your doctor.

Last edited:
My biggest issue with 24/7 was getting too used to my diaper. I grew dependent on it and didn’t realize it when I was using it. I also had a lack of confidence in my bladder & brain to be able to make it to a toilet for a few weeks while re-potty training myself at 22.

If your worried about losing control it won't happen until your in and using diapers 24/7 for years if not decades but its still good to use the toilet every once and a while to remind yourself other than that just wash the area thoroughly everyday when you bathe

Reactions: Traveller, nezquic66 and chrischrischris
Newbaby110521 said:
Are there any long term ill effects to wearing diapers 24/7. I’m not planning to wear 24/7 yet but wearing them constantly for the past three days has made me realise I want to heavily increase my wearing and usage of them.
It takes the mystique/thrill out of using them IMHO.

Reactions: Subtlerustle
I'm not a 24/7 kind of person, I've done a few days in a row in diapers but I also like my breaks, generally speaking, I'm diapered every night, sometimes on the weekends I'll stay diapered the whole time, or if I'm working from home I'll stay diapered. Its actually kind of nice to have a break from it to though, Since work picked up for me, I almost back to a full normal schedule, only home 1 day a week, so I've now made the transition to day time underwear night time diapers which is great in my opinion, the only thing different is that I have longer mornings that I stay diapered as apposed to having to leave for work at 6am for my 7am start.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, Traveller and chrischrischris
Yeah 7 months of on and off nappy wearing . Then I made my life choice and now in nappies all the time . Padded 24/7 and no going back now . I love every single wetting

Reactions: GoodnitesXL21, Traveller and nezquic66
chrischrischris said:
Yeah 7 months of on and off nappy wearing . Then I made my life choice and now in nappies all the time . Padded 24/7 and no going back now . I love every single wetting
An internet friend of mine went 24/7 back in 2015 and loves every moment of it still!

Been 24/7 for 3.5 years nothing crazy has happened. as disneygeek said, a few times I would wake finished going, or in the middle of it just about half asleep.

I've just had 8 days of near constant wearing and it does make a difference to me. I find my bladder capacity is reduced and get a greater urge more often when I'm not wearing. Also, first time this has happened, I wet the bed a little last night. I've been wearing double disposable nappies for the past week and got used to not getting up in the night. Seems that last night i forgot. Did wake up pretty quickly and prevented a disaster...

Reactions: TheBob and chrischrischris
woolybobs said:
I've just had 8 days of near constant wearing and it does make a difference to me. I find my bladder capacity is reduced and get a greater urge more often when I'm not wearing. Also, first time this has happened, I wet the bed a little last night. I've been wearing double disposable nappies for the past week and got used to not getting up in the night. Seems that last night i forgot. Did wake up pretty quickly and prevented a disaster...
When I was 24/7, I kind of felt the same way. My bladder capacity seemed to shrink, as I went more often and had less of a warning that I needed to go

Reactions: robdl15, GoodnitesXL21 and chrischrischris
dprdypr said:
i was really coming in here for some epic tale of OP wearing while on a sailboat or something so they could do some international date line shenanigans and get a 25 hour day.

all seriousness though ive never done 24/7 but since quarantine ive worn for weeks at a time in the daytime and while i have no data to back it up it feels like accidental wetting is easier/more frequent and days that i dont wear cause i need to do adulting.

while i never wet enough that my pants get wet there have been several times of larger wet patches on the boxers but i was already pre-disposed to dribbling and such so it might not be applicable and could be subjective.
even if i think its a larger volume/more frequent i could be deluding myself.

either way its why i haven't gotten the courage to go 24/7 a minor decline in control doesnt bother me and while the fantasy of lost control can be nice, in reality i worry if there is a steep drop off at some point and ive heard re-training as a adult is hard.
I’m sorry there was no story allowing for a 25 hour day. I just happened to be doing this on my phone and well the keypad is fairly small!

Reactions: dprdypr and chrischrischris
Seems to me there are two tales of the refastenable tape being spun here.

One says you can’t make yourself incontinent by wearing diapers. The other says “I wet the bed a little” or “I have decreased capacity/increased urges” or “I have occasional wet patches”. Let me be frank about this difference: if you show up to a doctor complaining of any of the above, you will have a little note in your medical file indicating some level of incontinence. If your doctor is in on your little pastime, possibly a footnote indicating it’s self-inflicted or psychosomatic.

I’m also seeing people claiming to detect a change after various amounts of time. I suspect that correlates with different practices around how you void or how you hydrate. But that means you can’t rely on someone else’s experience to know how your body will react.

I’m in these threads frequently preaching the good word of taking care of yourself so you can go do what you want with your life. If that means you hang up the diapers for a period of time to do something that’s incompatible with diapers, then I want you to have that choice.

But what I will always resist is the blanket statements that you cannot make yourself incontinent by wearing and using diapers over a long period. You CAN give yourself some degree of incontinence, by the medical definition, not the belief-seeking-proof definition that claims diapers are “harmless”. This cannot be a tenet of our community that coexists with an interest in our collective health.

We have evidence in this thread that you can compromise your retention after long or even short periods of time. So take care of yourself and pay attention to your body’s signals.

I’m not against wearing diapers any more than I’m against alcohol, marijuana, cheeseburgers, or tanning. But you don’t have to be a genius to see the commonality between them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belarin and sdweasel
Back