Medical vs ABDL Diapers

Goodnites607975

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Which one do u use more and what brands do u use

I use medical diapers at night and ABDL diapers on my daytime adventures. I like Medline extended wear diapers for my night wetting. They are super absorbent and really padded and comfortable to wear. Daytime I love to wear pretty colorful diapers. Absorbency is not as important to me in my daytime diapers. I like to be able to pee my diaper several times before they start to leak at night but I enjoy visible in the day.

For some reason, I prefer plain white medical diapers as opposed to proper ABDL diapers with designs. They just seem more genuinely babyish to me.

Now this is a really weird quirk with me, but when I have a diaper with designs on them such as furry characters or animals, I always feel bad when I wet the diaper and throw it in the garbage. I kinda feel like I'm killing those characters/animals..

Yeah it's stupid I know.. I also feel the same way when it comes to candy in the shape of something alive, like gummybears.

Reactions: KrankyPants and BobbiSueEllen
I don't really care for either. I don't want babish designs nor appear too medical.

I do love how Northshore comes out with cool looking colors and designs, to help out those with incontinence issues.

Reactions: Spyder51, DiaperGuy08, Kyma and 2 others
PQNY said:
For some reason, I prefer plain white medical diapers as opposed to proper ABDL diapers with designs. They just seem more genuinely babyish to me.

Now this is a really weird quirk with me, but when I have a diaper with designs on them such as furry characters or animals, I always feel bad when I wet the diaper and throw it in the garbage. I kinda feel like I'm killing those characters/animals..

Yeah it's stupid I know.. I also feel the same way when it comes to candy in the shape of something alive, like gummybears.
It's not stupid...it means you're an aware and caring person with an elevated conscience. That may translate oddly to inanimate things (teddy bears & stuffies are living things, BTW 🧸🤗🥰🤭🥳) but I'm sure you thus have uncommon-yet-kind regard for others, no? :unsure:

I kinda feel a little that way, too, so I wear all-pink or all-white diapers.

Reactions: KrankyPants
I do like all white diapers, preferably with no wetness indicator.

PQNY said:

You are not alone, I feel bad when I soak my pretty diapers and have to throw them out. I do love to pee in them more than plain white diapers.

• Wow
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
I wear medical diapers which are Tranquilty slimline during the daytime, and Tranquility atn at night.
I do wear the Super Dry Kids diapers from time to time. We don't get the ABDL diapers that often due to the price.

Reactions: Abdlchriscrinkle and BobbiSueEllen
I mostly wear medical diapers and, from time to time, bed wetting diapers for teenagers. So far, I have yet to find an ABDL diaper that performs better (in a “real” situation) than an heavy duty medical diaper.

I use medical (tena super briefs) diapers every night for bedwetting, and usually use a plastic diaper cover. I've got a bunch of Abdl diaps, but I find they're too expensive to use on a regular basis.

I like ‘em all. Medical white are babyish, reminding me of the plain white plastic covered diapers used on my children. I’m too old to even remember my diapers, but they were cloth because that’s all that existed back then.
ABDL diapers are cute and pretty, so giving me not only a babyish comfort but also adding a feeling of cuteness.

• Love
Reactions: satinbottom, SAPexpanded and BobbiSueEllen
i only wear ABDL diapers from the start .. whether i see the prints or not because of my clothes on them. I am not at all interested in wearing medical diapers. 😅
I love ABU PeekABU and Rearz Lil squirts splash.
Soon I'll add some Tykables in my stash.

USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_orca-image--1989711748.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: ShyBoo81, WillFord384, Littlerobbydubbs and 4 others
I don't care about printed diapers, neither medical nor babyish prints. I was hooked by generic white diapers with blue tapes, and BetterDry has been my favourite since I've known them. But the visual aspect is less important for me anyway.
I do mix in some single-colored diapers and even some SDKs (whose print is less obtrusive imo) for variety, and I'm considering Tykables Camelot for fun despite their design. Under my onesie I won't see them anyway.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Mostly medical here as most of the printed nappies have a similar form (fit, plastic, landing strip, smell etc) all being made in China with the notable exception of Crinklz.

The European/US medical nappies are more like the nappies I wore as a child and so are more comforting, even though they might not hold as many wettings as an AB/DL brand.

My favourites at the moment are the Drylife XPlus (aka plastic L4), Formacare Comfort Slip Super XL (aka X2), Extra (aka X3) and Betterdry.

Other notable mentions go to the Molicare Slip Maxi (plastic) and the Drylife Slip Super.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAPexpanded and ElPulpo
As a strict DL, I started out wearing white medical grade diapers. However, I later developed an interest in printed ABDL ones. I have fun patterns on the ordinary underwear I wear to work and the gym, so why not have fun patterns on my crinkly, absorbent underwear? Sure, I still sometimes wear white diapers, but variety is nice. My go-to diaper is also BetterDry/Crinklz, so that gives me flexibility (the former is white and the latter has ABDL prints; they are the same diaper, functionally speaking).

Reactions: Spyder51 and BobbiSueEllen
BobbiSueEllen said:
It's not stupid...it means you're an aware and caring person with an elevated conscience. That may translate oddly to inanimate things (teddy bears & stuffies are living things, BTW 🧸🤗🥰🤭🥳) but I'm sure you thus have uncommon-yet-kind regard for others, no? :unsure:

I kinda feel a little that way, too, so I wear all-pink or all-white diapers.

Hurts me to say it but I think I mostly have those kinds of feelings for things that aren't human, like animals and even insects. I've encountered insects on my travels that were doing poorly and I've done all I can to help them. Even shed tears for things like spiders, which I have a phobia of.
I do care about people though. Like, if I saw someone that was crying by themselves, I would have to talk to them. Still, I'm always slighty wary of people. Been burned too many times by 'em.

Reactions: Goodnites607975, BobbiSueEllen and Ukiwa
i use medical diapers only maybe because im used to it having to wear it growing up and abdl diapers are much more expensive than medical ones. i dunno why but i kinda prefer medical diapers.

PQNY said:
Hurts me to say it but I think I mostly have those kinds of feelings for things that aren't human, like animals and even insects. I've encountered insects on my travels that were doing poorly and I've done all I can to help them. Even shed tears for things like spiders, which I have a phobia of.
I do care about people though. Like, if I saw someone that was crying by themselves, I would have to talk to them. Still, I'm always slighty wary of people. Been burned too many times by 'em.
I hate to say this but your condition is terminal; you have compassion. 🥰🤗🥳

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: KrankyPants and PQNY
There are actually 3 different groups, as far as I'm concerned.

Medical diapers, which have a wetness indicator and are garbage

DL diapers A.K.A. Performance, or extended wear diapers, which are usually plain white, or solid colored, with no wetness indicator. Note: more mature prints, like sky camouflage, a certain leaf, or skulls and crossbones, are present, sometimes, but only the camies have both a wetness indicator, that isn't as cutesy or Oldielocks, and is a DL print, at least that I know of. These are what disabled people who aren't geriatric, wear when they won't see their attendants again for teens of hours.

AB/Little diapers same absorbency as DL diapers, just cuter. A few have childish wetness indicators.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ukiwa, ShyBoo81, 12srepaid and 1 other person
Back