What's your favorite children's book

Emmagar

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I love the frog and the road series. I also love any of the disney ones. I just love being read to for bedtime

Harold and the Purple Crayon, Where the Wild Things Are, the Little Bear books, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, and Kevin Henke's books.

Reactions: furry121 and Emmagar
the ones by Richard Scarry

• Love
Reactions: Emmagar
Great start, the Frog and Toad series and Where the Wild Things Are are on my best of list.

Later on, the Narnia books and The Phantom Tollbooth are amazing.

Story time with my mom was one of THE best parts of being a kid. Story time with my kids was one of the best parts of being a dad.

Last edited:
  • Love
I have lots!

Madeline, I love them all.
Eloise, I love them all.
Fancy Nancy, I'm pretty sure I'm going to love them all, as soon as I get my hands on them!
Every single Mister Rogers First Experiences book, with the occasional exception of the one about going potty. Alexander And The Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day, and more.

• Love
Reactions: Rainbow and Emmagar
Tinkerbelle said:
Chicka, Chicka, Boom, Boom!
‘Twas the Night Before Christmas
Pajama Party
The Kissing Hand

There are so many books that I love!!
I absolutely loved Chicka Chicka Boom Boom when I was little. There was even an animated short of the book on DVD in which I loved for a lot of my early childhood.

Reactions: Rainbow and Deleted member 56088
mustache baby.

Harry the Dirty Dog,
Harry and the Lady Next Store,
How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and
Green Eggs and Ham
are four of mine.

Reactions: Blacksmith
I love the Winnie the Pooh stories.

Reactions: Kittyinpink and Rainbow
AJFan2020 said:
Harry the Dirty Dog,
Harry and the Lady Next Store,
Green Eggs and Ham
are four of mine.
I think I had my Harry the Dirty Dog book for a very long time. Except I actually scribbled on a lot of the pages because I used to that on some books when I was little, up until I was like 6.

AJFan2020 said:
Green Eggs and Ham
Oh yes, we need a whole heap of Dr. Seuss.

One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish
Fox in Socks
The Lorax
The Sneetches
Dr. Seuss’s Sleep Book

…and more, and more. Never turning out the light.

Reactions: ArchtopK
I have a five minute bedtime stories book somewhere that my grandmother got for me. My favorite story to read or be read is called Wanda Witch, I think. I'm not quite sure where the book went, or else I would check. It was a really good story about a little girl witch who is trying to learn all sorts of spells to be a cool witch like the other witches around her. (She isn't able to do spells very well, such as she tries to give her cat spots and gives them to everything else around her).

The Stinky Cheese Man and Other Fairly Stupid Tails

• Haha
Reactions: sinceiwassmall, Emmagar and Deleted member 56088
PhilanderNita said:
Harold and the Purple Crayon, Where the Wild Things Are, the Little Bear books, the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books, and Kevin Henke's books.
Oh wow i remember that one

Struwwelpeter
Grimm's Fairy Tales
The Robber Hotzenplotz
Jim Button and Luke the Engine Driver
Jim Button and the Wild 13
The Little Prince

• Love
Mostly what I read (or have read to me) is Berenstain Bears, Muppet Babies and Disney. But the bears are my favorite!

Reactions: Rainbow and Deleted member 41919
Back