Low Stocks UK

SteLittle

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
So is it just me or anyone else struggling for stock of their fav diapers. Personally I’m a medium and have been getting the sample packs to check to see the ones I like. Tried getting Bambino Skoodoodle as they look amazing, but cannot get them so then tried for Classico v2, same
So tried a few others like play dayz, no stock, contacted NRU and told they had no resupply date.
a bit frustrating lol

They're available on the Bambino website, but looking at their Twitter feed they don't seem to be overly quick when it comes to shipping to customers. (I assume the same laxity applies when shipping to vendors like NRU.)

There’s a lot of hold-ups in terms of import shipping at the moment, through a combination of Brexit and the pandemic. Ordering things directly from abroad sounds like a complete lottery. Hopefully medical brands will be prioritised as essentials so still be widely available.

Reactions: bobbilly
Tbh Bambinos have always been hard to get hold of in the UK.

Try ordering from abdlfactory or diaper-heroes.be.

DloverUK said:
Tbh Bambinos have always been hard to get hold of in the UK.

Try ordering from abdlfactory or diaper-heroes.be.
Seriously, don’t order anything from mainland Europe at the moment, not if you want to have any idea at all when it might arrive!

I was worried that stocks will go low after brexit. Made some purchasing in last several months.
Present stock is well enough for long time

Yes, it is concerning. And ordering from the continent now costs an arm and a leg compared to before.

I moved completely to order through Incontinence choice and incontinence shop.
Made some count yesterday and put on Stash tread.

Sounds like Brexit is biting those in the UK as hard as its hitting Northern Ireland

I'm wishing I'd bought another few cases of crinklz while they where available, almost all of my storage space is taken up with boring normal nappies, but that's what I need just now.

Are there any UK companies that produce high quality disposables?

Forced said:
As far as I know the only plant in the UK still making disposables is pampers at Trafford park, I don't think there is a single factory still producing incontinence products here, regardless of quality.

Edit,
I've done some digging on this, and found TSL, who claims to be 'the UK’s only private label provider of bladder weakness products'
They only do pads and pants, and I don't actually think you can buy them directly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forced
Forced said:
Honestly no ...but Cuddlz could be a good tide-over if they're not importers ...and I don't think they are (don't quote me though!!!!!!!!!!).
-
GISW

babybigdiaper said:
Sounds like Brexit is biting those in the UK as hard as its hitting Northern Ireland

So where is the money from the added expenses going? Are sellers just charging more and pocketing it? or is it going to the government of one side or the other? or is it going somewhere else?

It's more expensive to transport now, it takes longer, less haulage companies are going across the channel.
Then everything attracts import duties, so tax.
If your buying from say Germany, you could get charged 19% vat, since buy ordering it online you technically bought it in the EU,
Then you pay an inordinate amount to get it delivered to the UK
Then you pay anywhere upto 20% plus £8 'handling' when you pick it up from royal mail.
They won't actually deliver it to your address tho.

Back