ABU Preschool with Hook and Loop tapes

Would you like to see ABU preschools with hook and loop tapes

• Total voters

Bby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I absolutely love the ABU cloth backed preschool diapers, they are absorbent enough for my needs and remind me of modern day baby diapers, that being said I would love to see the cloth backed preschools with hook and loop tapes for greater usability and authenticity.

Dose anyone else wish ABU would make this happen? Or think it could be something we might see in the near future.

Reactions: DiaperedBedwetter1998
Been dreaming of this for years. Even sent emails. The rumor was is that clothed back cushies would make a return with new ABU improvements. Problem is Covid happened so couldn’t tell ya how far along that type of project is now :/

Reactions: eddy200 and DiaperedBedwetter1998
I think the preschool is the most budget friendly diaper ABU offers, and personally I've never liked hook and loop fasteners... My guess is that the cost would have to increase for this to happen, assuming it's more expensive to produce than tape diapers.

The taping panel means the tapes are already refastenable, how would this increase usability?

How is this more authentic? Depending on what you personally grew up with / used I'm guessing your definition of authentic here is probably not authentic to others?

We're a diverse community with different preferences based on a variety of factors, I'm grateful there are other options out there that meet your desires better just as there are ones that meet mine better, I truly feel for the companies that must put up politely with conflicting demands / requests from different parts of the community, lol. It can't be practical to sell and stock 15 different variations of the same diaper so that everyone has an option that meets their personal expectations, how do you even decide which one you should produce or if a design change is the right decision?!

Thought exercise off top of head, options you may have a preference for and how many variations they create:
• Front waistband yes or no
• Rear waistband yes or no
• "Cloth" or plastic shell
• Tape or hook and loop
• Taping panel (probably required for hook and loop) or no panel
• Printed design or plain coloured (never mind multiple colors)
Just the above options = 64 unique variations.

Now add in different sizes, small, medium, large, xl = 256 options

How about different absorbancies? Light, normal and heavy / overnight = 768 options

Obviously there's even more features or design changes that people care about... But it becomes quickly apparent how it'd be impossible for one company to make the "perfect" product for everyone, lol.

i wouldn't mind seeing them with the double tapes on each side and single tapes on each side also but still being the hook tapes

Reactions: BabyLink9
What I’d really love to see. Is a single hook and loop tape for the cloth backed option. That’s the dream for me at least. I know it’s not for everyone.

Reactions: eddy200
BabyLink9 said:
What I’d really love to see. Is a single hook and loop tape for the cloth backed option. That’s the dream for me at least. I know it’s not for everyone.
I second this dream, I would love to see these even if they did a trial run to see how people like them.

BabyLink9 said:
Been dreaming of this for years. Even sent emails. The rumor was is that clothed back cushies would make a return with new ABU improvements. Problem is Covid happened so couldn’t tell ya how far along that type of project is now :/
This would be awesome too.

Back