Nobody likes thinner comfortable diapers anymore (Opinion)

BearTale

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I don't want to typecast many modern ABDLs but a lot of people seem to over treasure absorbency over the look and feel. I miss the days when a diaper just fit nice and snug and could handle 1.5 wettings, and then had to be changed. Why do I want to wear something that I wet 5+ times and then it's so heavy it's almost comical. I have never understood the increasing obsession about being able to just constantly wet.

I think the overall diaper experience in the ABDL community has suffered because of the want for super-absorbent diapers. The only diaper that seems to get it right is ABU's Peekabu line. all the rest of the ABDL diaper seem to suffer at the hands of super absorbant clown pants.

In my world, I wet a diaper once and change it. I know I am the minority here but it seems silly to sacrifice look and feel so that absorbance is over 100000000 plus absorbency (exaggerating)

Last edited:
Reactions: perlFerret, Subtlerustle, BigKid25 and 3 others
What I want?
Affordability.

• Love
Reactions: Flamoroo, perlFerret, inthedark and 6 others
I really miss the tykables diapers that use to be day time discrete. They were just about perfect. ... I personally don’t like being in a soaked diaper. After one or two wettings, I am ready to change.

To me, the feeling of a dry diaper after wearing a wet one is grand. :)

• Love
Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle, Seasonedcitizen, DiaperGuy08 and 1 other person
bnet said:
I really miss the tykables diapers that use to be day time discrete. They were just about perfect. ... I personally don’t like being in a soaked diaper. After one or two wettings, I am ready to change.

To me, the feeling of a dry diaper after wearing a wet one is grand. :)
I Loved Tykable's little builders and they disappeared

I like a thinner one when I'm going to be around people or at work. Preschools are nice for that, and Surpeme Lites as well. Otherwise I do like higher absorbency stuff. I find it more comfortable and if it's sufficiently high absorbency, I can't really tell if I'm wet until I absolutely need to change.

But yeah a good affordability/quality ratio is important.

Reactions: perlFerret, Jonnythepony and BearTale
Tyranover said:
I like a thinner one when I'm going to be around people or at work. Preschools are nice for that, and Surpeme Lites as well. Otherwise I do like higher absorbency stuff. I find it more comfortable and if it's sufficiently high absorbency, I can't really tell if I'm wet until I absolutely need to change.

But yeah a good affordability/quality ratio is important.
I have always been on the fence about preschools but you may have convinced me

BearTale said:
I have always been on the fence about preschools but you may have convinced me
Just don't get the cloth backed ones. I keep a few on hand for exercise or hot days but otherwise they can be pretty leaky. Def recommend getting plastic backed

• Love
Reactions: DiaperGuy08, CookieMonstah, Aby and 1 other person
Tyranover said:
Just don't get the cloth backed ones. I keep a few on hand for exercise or hot days but otherwise they can be pretty leaky. Def recommend getting plastic backed
again was on the fence for that too. thank you for this. I recently have outgrown goodnights and need a cute but workable solution do they run small?

After 6 years of wearing 24/7 Im ok with thicker absorbent diapers like Crinklz or Tykables cammies I guess I have gotten use to the size :) when I first started to wear I agree thinner was better but now I prefer the extra absorbency in a diaper I can trust.

Its a double edged sword kind of thing, yes thick isn't always best, but neither is thin. A choice and balance is required. I remember green depends that..... just didn't do the little space feeling. I mean we live in a great time, I remember the insanity and desperation of taping baby diapers together in the effort to achieve a diaper when adult diapers were not at all available, I was living in a small rural town with my parents and I had an insane obsession and had to find ways to fulfill it.

• Love
Reactions: SaggyDiaperChris, DiaperGuy08 and BearTale
BearTale said:
again was on the fence for that too. thank you for this. I recently have outgrown goodnights and need a cute but workable solution do they run small?
I find they're sized perfectly on the site. I wear an XL in them and that fits just fine for me, which is consistent with every other sizing for me (excepting Simples/Space/LittlePawz which run larger)

Reactions: JaysonTheRegressor
For high absorbency, I just like a lot of swelling XD love the waddle

Reactions: SaggyDiaperChris
thickness is not always practical, but it has a better ability to make some people feel little, I love a thick diaper, specially at night. But then I am crazy the kinda idiot that will wear a diaper through TSA screening and choose to be "patted down" even though I have rarely ever wet while on a plane ride.

Reactions: DiaperGuy08 and JaysonTheRegressor
Aby said:
thickness is not always practical, but it has a better ability to make some people feel little, I love a thick diaper, specially at night. But then I am crazy the kinda idiot that will wear a diaper through TSA screening and choose to be "patted down" even though I have rarely ever wet while on a plane ride.
I never care about the TSA because I have a disability so it's not like anything happens they shrug and move on. I have had my diaper bag pulled from the security scan and they said they thought my PeekABU's were potatoes! LOL but they shrugged it off when they saw I was in a wheelchair. I am fortunate in that way

Reactions: DiaperGuy08 and RedPandaDL
I looked pretty functional, and I tried to just not care about the TSA thing, it was a minor annoyance, the thing was I could have just not worn a diaper, well maybe not the last year when I was on pain meds. For some reason my brain felt I needed to wear them on long flights, I think it was just the comfort

Reactions: DiaperGuy08
BearTale said:
I never care about the TSA because I have a disability so it's not like anything happens they shrug and move on. I have had my diaper bag pulled from the security scan and they said they thought my PeekABU's were potatoes! LOL but they shrugged it off when they saw I was in a wheelchair. I am fortunate in that way
I'm going to be flying in diapers for the first time in a few weeks. Definitely going to go out of my way to buy some northshores, but I'm a bit nervous. I've gotten pat-downs almost every time without a diaper and... yeah. But that's a different thread probs 😅

I am sure its been talked about in the past, I remember making apostle's many years ago when I was traveling a lot, I was a roadie and was flying at least once a month.

Personally, if I am flying while padded with a diaper bag, I think I wouldn't care if I carried a bag of rearz safaris on with me in a diaper bag
Obviously, I wont freaking flash anyone with my diaper or anything but if they wanna look through their stuff it's them getting involved and I don't care 😛 my new saying is "Be yourself unapologetically"

Reactions: DiaperGuy08, stareegirl and Aby
I wish i had that kind of money to fly once a month XD! I haven't flown in 8 years and I'm definitely not going to until the vaccine comes out (I'm high risk and was already in the ICU for respiratory failure some years ago so, no thanks!)

There was a bit of revenge like feeling for subjecting the screener to my diapered waistband and padded posterior, I dont like to be touched, and I felt the scanners were a new technology with a slight amount of danger being maintained by people that are not paid well and dont really give a damn.

Back