Would you buy high-absorbency ABDL cloth-backed hook & loop taped diapers?

Would you buy high absorbency ABDL cloth-backed hook & loop taped diapers?

• Yes, and it would probably become my main ABDL diaper

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Yes, I would probably use these some of the time alongside plastic

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Yes, but probably only once to try or add to my collection

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Maybe/ Undecided

Votes: 8 8.9%
  • No, I would stick to plastic-backed ABDL diapers

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • No, I don’t buy high-capacity ABDL diapers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Eurobrief used to make a pretty thick and very absorbent overnight rated cloth backed diaper that I wore pretty regularly until eurobrief bit the dust all together. They had to be seriously fluffed before wearing though, I remember they were so stiff straight out of the package that they could have been used as a weapon but once properly fluffed they were so soft and comfortable it was unbelievable but golly were they thick. I dont remember them having that clammy feeling or being prone to leakage. I guess the closest thing today is the super seni quattro but they are not nearly as thick or absorbent.

kratox said:
plz keep in mind the kiddos were not a Abu original and as such might still be being bought from a different diaper company. meaning you still couldn't do that. there are to many unknown factors you need to ask Abu and get the answers from them as to why they haven't yet. but more than likely it is out of their hands because of machine limitations.

I hope they are trying to eventually just buy their own machines so they have more freedom.

I'm pretty sure they bought out the rights to Kiddos

And they have other 2 Tape Diapers as well

I wouldn't think of it as being too hard to manufacture something like the available 2 Tape Diapers, but with a cloth Backing

The bigger problem is let's say an initial run were $1M to get everything together and make a large batch to put on market and sell

Without guaranteeing sales that is a major risk i doubt any ABDL company wants to take and as long as there's major preference to Plastic Backed we may not see an ABDL Diaper company do any sort of 2 Tape Cloth backed option

BabyTyrant said:
I'm pretty sure they bought out the rights to Kiddos

And they have other 2 Tape Diapers as well

I wouldn't think of it as being too hard to manufacture something like the available 2 Tape Diapers, but with a cloth Backing

The bigger problem is let's say an initial run were $1M to get everything together and make a large batch to put on market and sell

Without guaranteeing sales that is a major risk i doubt any ABDL company wants to take and as long as there's major preference to Plastic Backed we may not see an ABDL Diaper company do any sort of 2 Tape Cloth backed option

kratox said:
there are to many unknown factors you need to ask Abu and get the answers from them as to why they haven't yet. but more than likely it is out of their hands because of machine limitations.

My experience with cloth like disposables with hook and loop tapes never stay fastened during the night for me. I forgot the name of the diaper, but it was from ABU.

Plastic will always be #1 for me, but if there was a diaper that looked like a modern-day Pampers or Huggies, I would absolutely add them to my collection. It'll happen one day, I'm sure!

Last edited:
Reactions: jamiejamie
I still prefer the plastic backed. I have tried the cloth-backed and I find it to wick the moisture to the outside, causing the tell-tale moon shaped wetness on my butt and groin. Just my opinion. If it works great for you, then that's great. I grew up in the late 70s and early 80s so it was plastic backed and I prefer it.

Wis2020ABDL said:
And for me, there is something strangely comforting about a traditional plastic-back diaper. Just the feel and touch of it. Wonderfully satisfying. I’m sure it has a little to do with our age and the type of diapers we grew up wearing.
And all white diapers too, something special about them as well. I don't think I could get used to the cloth backed disposables.

I prefer cloth backed with hook and loop tabs, but im not a heavy wetter so i would think it's waist of diaper. But it certainly should be an option

<rant>
:baby diapers/youth pullups like goodnights have a plastic shell that's very thin with cloth over it. So they don't leak and contain smell.
:Adult cloth backed diapers are much more breathable and perspire urine and smell.

:Baby diapers have allot of elastic and stretchy tabs. that allow them to fit many body shapes. (even when your way to big for them)
:Adult diapers have non stretch tabs, and only high quality ones even have elastic on front/back. They lack a large enough amount of elastic coverage to fit multi body shapes relying on a two tape per side system that is uncomfortable and not the best for some body shapes depending on the spacing between the two tapes. (depends for example uses 3 tapes to get better fit then two tape)

:baby diapers have complex leak guards and elastic around legs for good fit
:adult diapers have simple leak guards and mostly lack any elastic around legs easily leak if not constantly re adjusted unless fit is perfect.

:baby diapers have very soft insides on tabs as well as pad to prevent heat/ chafing rash
:adult diapers have rough pad with plastic tabs that cause heat rash and chafing

:baby diapers swell allot so feel dry an comfy even when soaked
:many adult diapers swell very little and clump easily and get compression leaks easily
(new three channel design in pampers and luvs may work even better to prevent compression leaks and also swells allot tho some don't find them as comfortable. I haven't had chance to try an adult/youth diaper with them yet such as ninjamas)

:baby diapers have far more variation between diaper versions with elastic, tape location, over all cut differences.
:adult diapers are far more similar to each other each trying to fit the same demographic considered the majority without changing machines by changing material and so forth in an attempt to get an edge over other adult diapers.

</rant>

Reactions: theancientmariner
They would have to be like the pampers cruisers when the wings were super stretchy with one large tape per side.

kratox said:
I'm still waiting for a abdl company to actually make a almost exact copy of current baby diaper designs.

elastic sides, one tape, large long rectangular shape, also a design that resembles Pampers but isn't just a all over print

I don't hate cloth backed diapers but adult products seem to always use the cheapest and roughest outer texture for them. if they could keep them as soft as baby diapers I'd love it
It's really hard to find a diaper with a nice soft plastic outer shell outside of ABU. They have a softer plastic, but the inside padding isn't soft like Rearz, and doesn't have good capacity either. I think the only reason people buy them is for their resemblance of baby diapers

I very much prefer plastic backed, as opposed to cloth backed.

Back