Anybody decided on Next Gen consoles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I didn't have to hear very much at all to decide I wanted a PS5 when they would come out

The only question before a lot of information got revealed was WHEN I would get one as I typically wait to get a new system because I absolutely Abhor having to dump my old game library and start over and thats how the PS3 and PS4 went

Since finding out that it would fully support all PS4 games (with a lot being supported in a Boosted Mode) that made it super easy to want one on day 1

I even got a good TV (Samsung Q80T) to game on with the PS5 to make the most out of it

I guess you could say I do have a "Bias" towards PlayStation consoles, they have been around before Xbox did; and they keep Exclusives coming on strong (Every console Generation)

Many PS Exclusives are must haves in my book, and since Gaming is the primary thing it was never a question in my book that I would rather take the system with more games i want to play over 1 with slightly more power

As much as I Rag on Xbox, i don't actually hate them and its good that they exist

I just find they don't seem to know what a Good game is anymore, like they literally remake the same game many times over with slight changes to resell it as a brand new game, and if they can't make a game feel new i would not a buy their systems to feel like im overspending on the same game being remade over and over again

Occasionally you see them come out with new IPs, but every time I look into it its something I can't get excited about and so I have no reason to bother with them

I find a gaming Desktop would be a better value than an Xbox personally, even if its lower resolution and at a higher cost

Still I like knowing what each brand is doing and if Xbox comes out with worthy Exclusives they amy be worthy getting in the future

• Love
Reactions: blowydiaper
im waiting to see if microsoft release a new forza with the series x

blowydiaper said:
im waiting to see if microsoft release a new forza with the series x

They probably will at some point, but they have been real Hush Hush about a lot of things and thus far are going with the stance that any games releasing in the near future will not be strictly on XsX, but also on Current Gen systems

Ergo, unless you find yourself wanting the new system for the huge performance upgrade there really isn't a reason to rush to upgrade to XsX that i am aware of if you already have a One/S/X

Its just real assuring that I won't have to dump my 100+ games (not all are physical, not all are $60+ games, not all were bought at retail, many were bought at a huge discount or were Free with a PSN Membership)

Last edited:
  • Love
I'll probably one of them once their on sale since most of my games are on PC but I might buy a PS5 to try it out

• Wow
DiscreetDL said:
I'll probably one of them once their on sale since most of my games are on PC but I might buy a PS5 to try it out

Ive been amazed by all PS4 exclusives I have tried so far, I fully believe the PS5 exclusives will be equally as good

I always go PlayStation because there's very little you would have to miss out on by going PS and a lot you would have to miss out on by going Xbox (unless you only play Multi-Platform games, or Halo/Gears/Forza)

It'll be a few years for me but I'll probably go with the PS5 as Sony's exclusives tend to be more my type of game over what Microsoft provides.

I'm not the "if I buy it, they will come" type. I'll get another console when there's a game I just have to have. Until then, I'm holding onto my money. That said, history suggests I'll probably end up with a PS5, as the franchises I enjoy (like Ni No Kuni and Final Fantasy) have a habit of landing on a Sony platform first.

Last edited:
I'll be going for an Xbox when I do eventually get a new console. The backwards compatibility means I'll be able to keep playing my favourite games from this and previous generations.

My kids want the PS5, but Im a PC gamer for life.
Computer gaming is more expensive up front but the game variety and mods alone make it superior to me. Custom gaming rigs have better frame rates, graphics and controls in addition to customized games. You can even play retro games easily. You cant even play ps4 games on a ps5. Every new console you have to restart your game collection.
PC master race all the way baby!

casualdiaper said:
It'll be a few years for me but I'll probably go with the PS5 as Sony's exclusives tend to be more my type of game over what Microsoft provides.

My thoughts as well for exclusives, and because Microsoft always tends to be more draconian with anything they touch.

Voodu said:
My kids want the PS5, but Im a PC gamer for life.
Computer gaming is more expensive up front but the game variety and mods alone make it superior to me. Custom gaming rigs have better frame rates, graphics and controls in addition to customized games. You can even play retro games easily. You cant even play ps4 games on a ps5. Every new console you have to restart your game collection.
PC master race all the way baby!

Actually they have confirmed that all PS4 games will work on PS5, and many have a boosted mode much like the performance boost from PS4 to PS4 Pro (except its gonna be much nicer)

It was stupid of them to get rid of BC after the 1st 2 models of PS3 and to never have BC on PS4 at all; I'm so glad they didn't this time around

But it would have been cool had they done 100% BC; which of course we know by now they aren't, so you won't be able to pop in a PS3/2/1 game and play it, but they can do Remakes, Remasters, or have it available through PS Now

Had they not went forward with at least PS4 BC there is no way I wouldn't wait 2 or 3 years Post Launch to upgrade

Also PS Store has a bunch of retro games and they are super cheap, like a lot are always under $5 each

Matt09 said:
My thoughts as well for exclusives, and because Microsoft always tends to be more draconian with anything they touch.

The only franchise Xbox has that i used to like (Gears) was a Letdown the last time I played one of their new entries

It wasnt super challenging, or innovative and i was done with it within like 2 days of starting the game, and I've never cared much for Halo or Forza and they simply haven't done anything else for Exclusives on the entirety of the Current Gen to pique my interest

not to mention anything that starts as Xbox Exclusive seems to migrate to other systems, which doesn't happen too much with PS Exclusives

Attachments

• 20200802_084633.jpg
    20200802_084633.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Reactions: ZeeBonezz
Also just to add something, if you have looked into it, the new PS5 Controllers are supposed to come with custom Rumble to add a feeling of "Texture" when playing games (different rumble for walking on sand vs concrete, for example)

And also they are supposed to have varying Trigger Pressure, so if you play a Shooter using a Bazooka will have a much different Trigger Pull than an SMG or Assault Rifle

Plus they are allowing PS4 Controllers to work on it if you are playing a PS4 Game, so there isn't a need to buy new Controllers; if you aren't playing a PS5 game that is

Not a huge gamer but I do like playing sports video games now and again. Having played a lot of PS2 as a teenager with no interest in Halo, I got loyalty to Sony now. Will buy PS5 and a game or 2 when it's released.

I never pick up day 1 models of any new console. Always worked out pretty well that way so far. Went with the Xbox one X this time around, but I think i'm done with them. Personally, I feel that as a whole Sony usually has more to offer.

Matt09 said:
I never pick up day 1 models of any new console. Always worked out pretty well that way so far. Went with the Xbox one X this time around, but I think i'm done with them. Personally, I feel that as a whole Sony usually has more to offer.

Yeah, I dont really understand how Xbox is as popular as they are

I'm not saying the systems themselves are bad, i just dont see what they do so well

I have tried multiple entries from Xboxs "Trinity" of exclusives (Halo, Gears, and Forza) and i just dont get what the big deal is

The last time i really think they were being Competitive at all was with the Xbox 360 and that probably wouldn't have been so close had PS3 not been a $600 console at launch (mind you it was the much better system in every way and Blu Ray was the superior video format) which really made it easy for Xbox to pick up people that were never gonna spend $600 on a Game Console

Plus it felt like they were close to 1 for 1 on exclusives back then, whereas now it seems like its 4 or 5 to 1 in favor of PS4

Next gen hasn't even arrived yet and there was a survey that stated that 84% of those being Surveryed planned on getting PS5 soon after launch

Compared to 15 or 16% which want XsX

Those are pretty big numbers early on

I’m going with PS5. I heard it’s going to be backwards compatible with PS4, and as I mostly skipped that generation on consoles I think I’m going to go for it this time around.

ManeWulf said:
I’m going with PS5. I heard it’s going to be backwards compatible with PS4, and as I mostly skipped that generation on consoles I think I’m going to go for it this time around.

Yes, it is going to be PS4 BC, with many games working in a Boosted Mode

There are tons of good games on PS4 you can't play on other systems, some that you can/will be able to are Timed Exclusives; like Horizon Zero Dawn

Which was Exclusive to PS4 for about 3 years and is soon going to be available on PC

Thats why I like PlayStation, I can count on them having a slew of games I want to play that I can't on Xbox

The BC is why I want to upgrade ASAP rather than wait 2 years as I used to have to get brand new games and didn't feel like spending $60 per game as a new system came out

With BC, I can play my old games, and occasionally play a PS5 game when I feel like it, rather than have to abandon my old game library completely

Last edited:
I can't wait for call of duty black ops!

Oh and apparently Sony has worked out a bunch of deals to get tons of exclusive content for games landing on PS4 and the upcoming PS5, so there's another weakness to buying Xbox, 😆

Here's the thing me personally would go for the Sony side(might get some hate) but here me out... the fact is every Xbox exclusive will eventually come to pc (microsoft) and the only outliers will be on the Sony exclusive side ala detroit:become human. The best part is you can take a basic build pc, as long as it has hdmi output to your display (tv) and get a streaming gaming service from invida(btw not getting a plug im actually amd through and through)and they'll run it on their high end equipment albeit for an hr unless you pay them 5 bucks a month and the you get 6 hrs of continuous gaming and have unlimited refreshes to continue....wow😪 that was long winded response, kudos who read it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back