ConfiDry 24/7 discontinued on Northshore😥

ThickandComfy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Went to place an order of medium and the screen stated "Discontinued." Very sad. Guess they are pushing people towards Max.

ThinkandComfy said:
Went to place an order of medium and the screen stated "Discontinued." Very sad. Guess they are pushing people towards Max.
Pity that! I got some of those when they were still available in Europe via SaveExpress.

Very nice and reliable nappies they were.

Reactions: ThickandComfy
I recently had purchased some Dry 24/7 and had a horrible experience with them. They changed the second chance tapes to clothlike ones, and they would stretch and stick onto the diaper. That would rip the backsheet if I tried to remove the white tapes. The backsheet itself was of poor quality now, with bumps and ridges of SAP that caused pinhole leaks. I also had issues where there were lines in the plastic that would split open, and cause a blowout if I didn't have a onsie on.

I purchased through XPMedical and they were wonderful with the return process and let me know it wasn't an isolated issue and that others have experienced the same thing. It seems like the quality has gone down to the point that they no longer recommend it.

Here's some pictures of the defect that made me return them. 20200604_123636.jpg20200604_123456.jpg

That's so sad. It was a great product.

Does anybody know if the dry 24/7 llmedico is selling still good?

That sucks, I loved the confidry and it was a staple of my stash.

Yeah, they were great and especially for so many in a case. I had used them off and on but I got this problem in literally every pack in the case. 6-8 diapers a pack. Maybe it was a bad batch, but with the experience with XPMedical, them mentioning repeated issues and a decline in quality, and NorthShore pulling them, maybe they have gone downhill.

I haven’t used ConfiDry 24/7 for several years (I switched to Crinklz/BetterDry), but it is sad to see them take a nose dive in quality like this. I definitely won’t be going back to them in the light of this.

Reactions: diapereddsm
I stopped using dry 24/7 a few years ago because in my opinion they had lost some of their quality, Mega-Max fan now just got five cases

IzzyFox said:
I haven’t used ConfiDry 24/7 for several years (I switched to Crinklz/BetterDry), but it is sad to see them take a nose dive in quality like this. I definitely won’t be going back to them in the light of this.
Unfortunately, Crinklz doesn't have the same fit as 24/7. Maybe if Med was a little larger ☹️

So sad to see so many things go away first Johnson&Johnson Baby Powder now Dry 24/7. Dry 24/7 was one of my favorites!!!

Never tried them after they switched over around 10 or so years ago. The originals were a great diaper and the cut was perfect for me, I still haven’t found another diaper that fits like they did

once the originals were depleted I never bothered to try the newer batches as general consensus was they sucked, and it looks like they’re just getting worse

ThinkandComfy said:
Unfortunately, Crinklz doesn't have the same fit as 24/7. Maybe if Med was a little larger ☹

Admittedly, I did get lucky there. One of the reasons I liked ConfiDry was due to their medium diapers being a bit larger than most medium diapers (I often found myself between sizes with many other diapers). I tried both medium and large with Crinklz, and large turned out to be quite a good fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: ThickandComfy
ThinkandComfy said:

We have about a dozen cases of Small ConfiDry left before they are all gone.

NorthShoreAdam said:
We have about a dozen cases of Small ConfiDry left before they are all gone.
Is this just a decision on the part of North shore? Or is the manufacturer ceasing production? Here's hoping it's the former and confidry wise up to their not so good recent decisions

ej24 said:
Is this just a decision on the part of North shore? Or is the manufacturer ceasing production? Here's hoping it's the former and confidry wise up to their not so good recent decisions
Just NorthShore. We assume they sre still available elsewhere.

Reactions: Jonnythepony
NorthShoreAdam said:
Just NorthShore. We assume they sre still available elsewhere.

Got it. Thanks.

I contacted Confidry with my complaints regarding the recent changes to the tapes. They were understanding and suggested it was likely a "one off defect" (I had bought two packs months apart thinking the same thing, it is clear now it is not random bad batches though). At any rate, they sent me a replacement pack free of charge which was fine. It's just the tapes they transitioned to recently are terrible. If they just fix the dang tapes to something that works it'd still be a standout product.

IzzyFox said:
I am in the same situation. Most diapers I am in between sizes. Megamax medium fit nice. I tried sample of a large crinkle and was a bit bigger then I like, now I have to get a medium to compare. Hope they fit as I want another quality diaper to add to my stash.

Can somebody post a picture of the new tapes?

shady1up said:
Can somebody post a picture of the new tapes?
I'll try to later.

Here's the issue.
They're still double tapes. The outer white tape is now cloth-like (but still uses a glue adhesive like normal tape). The problem is where the two tapes meet the wings. The blue tape underneath tears away from the wing leaving the outer white tape adhesive exposed to come in direct contact wide the front panel. When you try to lift the outer white tape it tears the front panel. There may as well not be double tapes. They're still a great diaper. Just think of them as not having double tapes.

Back